PDA

View Full Version : Season pass shareplay

DeafCon5-
03-08-2016, 03:38 PM
Hey,

Me and my buddy wanted to split up the costs to get the season pass but i wanted to know if it's possible to shareplay the season pass between two accs

SLICKBACK62
03-08-2016, 03:49 PM
Hey,

Me and my buddy wanted to split up the costs to get the season pass but i wanted to know if it's possible to shareplay the season pass between two accs

No, now stop being cheap and buy it like everyone else

DeafCon5-
03-08-2016, 04:05 PM
No, now stop being cheap and buy it like everyone else

*Sigh* I'm not saying that i'm going to get a season pass for free from my buddy's acc. You didn't answer a simple question: Is the season pass shareable by two accounts?

P.S.: it's not being a cheap since we both pay for the season pass by paying less instead of paying a full 40 euro/dollars/sterline.It's being wise and smart.

Haspyo
03-08-2016, 06:14 PM
No, two accounts cannot share the same season pass.

DeafCon5-
03-08-2016, 08:50 PM
No, two accounts cannot share the same season pass.

Source?

Haspyo
03-09-2016, 03:47 AM
To be fair, it's likely not stated anywhere. It stands to reason, though, that with any other game, you also cannot share a season pass. For example, a friend and I cannot split the cost of the Fallout 4 season pass and both have access to the content. The only way it would work would be if you were both using the same console and it was set as your primary console. Then anyone else playing on that console would have access to the content (in theory, I believe). However, if, as I suspect, you're using separate consoles, then once the code is redeemed for one of you, it will then be tied to the account that redeemed it. If any other person were to attempt to use the same season pass code, it would just come up with an error, or say that it had already been used. If two people could share the same code, there would essentially be nothing stopping everyone from using the same code.

DeafCon5-
03-09-2016, 09:06 PM
To be fair, it's likely not stated anywhere. It stands to reason, though, that with any other game, you also cannot share a season pass. For example, a friend and I cannot split the cost of the Fallout 4 season pass and both have access to the content. The only way it would work would be if you were both using the same console and it was set as your primary console. Then anyone else playing on that console would have access to the content (in theory, I believe). However, if, as I suspect, you're using separate consoles, then once the code is redeemed for one of you, it will then be tied to the account that redeemed it. If any other person were to attempt to use the same season pass code, it would just come up with an error, or say that it had already been used. If two people could share the same code, there would essentially be nothing stopping everyone from using the same code.

Thanks for the explanation. It kinda sucks because a 40 season pass is too much.