PDA

View Full Version : Linking Uplay and Steam issues, uplay offline?

RandomPacifist
03-08-2016, 09:09 AM
I activated my game through Steam, downloaded it and then it downloaded uplay so I logged into my account, added the game with the key supplied and now when I click play I get a popup that tells me "Product Activation: Please enter your CD Key or Activation Code here:" I re-enter the code and the uplay client tells me its already on the account. Great except I click continue, try to play the game again and keep getting the same message telling me to activate the product (which I already did) then that the codes already active on the account and rinse/repeat

After trying this loop about 15x with various tweaks I got disconnected and now uplay wont connect, anyone else having similar issues? Getting really frustrated as this is my first Ubisoft game and the launch issues are everywhere making it likely my last.

Zeya187
03-08-2016, 09:35 AM
I activated my game through Steam, downloaded it and then it downloaded uplay so I logged into my account, added the game with the key supplied and now when I click play I get a popup that tells me "Product Activation: Please enter your CD Key or Activation Code here:" I re-enter the code and the uplay client tells me its already on the account. Great except I click continue, try to play the game again and keep getting the same message telling me to activate the product (which I already did) then that the codes already active on the account and rinse/repeat

After trying this loop about 15x with various tweaks I got disconnected and now uplay wont connect, anyone else having similar issues? Getting really frustrated as this is my first Ubisoft game and the launch issues are everywhere making it likely my last.

I'm getting the same thing! This just may be the last game I get form UPlay... :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

LeftSideDownHat
03-14-2016, 08:47 AM
Having the same problem man spent 36 hours waiting for this thing to download on my slow *** net just to have this loop happen, been waiting a day already for my support ticket to be answered on top of the 2 days it took to download.

LeftSideDownHat
03-16-2016, 03:30 AM
alright so its now day 3 or 4 i can't remember .. and support ticket still sits unanswered which is ****ting me up the wall, BUT i have been able to launch the game it is by far not a perfect fix but it does work. go to your install folder move the files "uplay_install.manifest" and "uplay_install.state" and put them somewhere safe eg:desktop. it may take a few boots of the game to get it to work mine never works on the first try but it does happen eventually. Now the reason i say to move the files and not delete them is because well deleting things can cause issues and i may need to put them back in when my ticket by some mysterious force gets answered. Anyway just thought i'd let you know and hopefully it works for you to until they fix this.