PDA

View Full Version : Cannot Unlock Tech Wing or Speak with Paul Rhodes

Azreal80ubi
03-08-2016, 08:48 AM
I encountered a bug today on the 1st Tech mission. I went down to save Paul Rhodes and after beating the boss my random teammates and I went up in the elevator. The elevator door would not open at the top and we were all stuck inside. We all tried killing ourselves and some logged out. Upon returning it seems the 1st tech mission is listed as completed but I received NO Tech credits and now at The Base of Ops it says to speak with Paul Rhodes however HE IS NOT upstairs and the tech commuter is completely inaccessible. It does not even have a square button prompt. I have redone or replayed the tech mission and it still does not have any unlocked computer or Paul Rhodes at the base.

ctrlaltwalsh
03-08-2016, 10:20 AM
I encountered a bug today on the 1st Tech mission. I went down to save Paul Rhodes and after beating the boss my random teammates and I went up in the elevator. The elevator door would not open at the top and we were all stuck inside. We all tried killing ourselves and some logged out. Upon returning it seems the 1st tech mission is listed as completed but I received NO Tech credits and now at The Base of Ops it says to speak with Paul Rhodes however HE IS NOT upstairs and the tech commuter is completely inaccessible. It does not even have a square button prompt. I have redone or replayed the tech mission and it still does not have any unlocked computer or Paul Rhodes at the base.

I have this problem* on PC -- And the mission to speak to him isn't listed next to the minimap.

Ubi-Houck
03-08-2016, 02:27 PM
Hello,

I am sorry to hear you are having issues with unlocking the tech wing. I have reported this to the development team. All I can recommend is to try the mission again on a new character.

I am sorry for any inconvenience caused.

BadLuckW
03-08-2016, 05:10 PM
This happened to me too and I still can't fix the damn thing. And ubisoft solution is create a new character. How convenient?! Great, I just waste 6 hours of my life.

Sotlol1
03-08-2016, 08:20 PM
Hello,

I am sorry to hear you are having issues with unlocking the tech wing. I have reported this to the development team. All I can recommend is to try the mission again on a new character.

Are you telling people to just start from scratch are you honestly stupid? This is a major bug which should have been fixed when it was reported in the beta. We should not have to start over because you guys are to stupid to fix something like this.

WEZANGO
03-08-2016, 11:51 PM
I have the same issue, and its really annoying. Fix it please as soon as possible!

ImCrankedOut
03-09-2016, 09:30 AM
This really sucks, I just basically spent $100 and I can't even get further than I got in the beta... Now I have to create a new character just to fix the issue, it makes me not want to play the game (which sounds stupid) but it's true... I loved the items I had so far! So disappointing.

R-Vlak
03-09-2016, 08:22 PM
I'm also having this bug.
Reading that the only solution to get the tech wing would be to start over after 7/8 hours spend on this character already...

My first plan was to look up information and wait a week or something till the bug is fixed. I don't feel like starting over, besides.... it could happen all over again?

First I've done the mission alone; no NPC in my base to unlock the Tech Wing,
So afterwards my brother needed to do the mission, so we did it together on hard mode and he was able to unluck the wing, however I wasn't....
Did it a third time for good luck, but again, no use.

I'm still expecting this to be fixed, but only time can tell.
If not, I would be more then just dissapointed.

PERPoncho
03-10-2016, 05:02 PM
Hello,

Came across the exact same bug. After 15 hours...
Any updates on a solution? Starting over isn't acceptable.

AgentSom
03-17-2016, 10:40 AM
Hello,

That is by far the dumbest solution ever, you already have our money for buying your game, and if one does restart a new character and it happens again what then? Just tell them to start a new character all over again? This issue has been in beta as well and yet it's not even fix, you sir need to be fired or whomever suggested that we start a new character to try to fix this bug. and this is NOT a minor bug, it completely locks our use of the Tech wing

On a side note maybe this bug is intended since they got our money already and don't care to fix it since it's been happening back in beta.

HykCraft
03-17-2016, 10:50 AM

Due to this known bug, I'm definitely waiting to do the last upgrades on my Base of Operations.

Thaabor
03-17-2016, 09:32 PM
Same problem for me ... impossible to unlock the tech wing -. Paul Rhodes doesn't appear :-(

m0rgan1sm
03-22-2016, 11:46 PM
Another update and still NO MENTION of fixing this.

Please stop fixing all of the cosmetic **** and focus on something that has been game breaking since day one. I have 3000 tech points just sitting there that I can not use.

If it takes re setting the mission and having to do it over...that is fine. PLEASE JUST FIX IT ALREADY!!

Scorcher01
03-23-2016, 01:26 AM
They finally acknowledged this in the known issues post, maybe we finally get some traction here. Ubisoft post asks us to submit a support case with details about the issue:

http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1401648-Known-Issues