PDA

View Full Version : AC Chronicles and The Last Maharajah telling us stuff we already know (Spoilers)

pacmanate
03-06-2016, 03:33 PM
I made a thread on AC Chronicles a month or so back now, detailing how story wise it rips fans off.

All 3 stories are about retrieving the precursor box
The "Secret" file which theoretically requires you to own all 3 Chronicle games requires you to search for codes that tell you Abstergo are using the box... something we knew in 2014 with AC Rogue

Now we have The Last Maharajah DLC telling us stuff we already know

The Koh-i-Noor in London is fake. Something we have known for a good few years now.

Chronicles I blame on existing. As even if it had all released in 2014 as planned, it was still detailed in Rogue that Abstergo had the box. Although it didn't say what for, all Chronicles did was tell us "Project Phoenix", which is still, imo, usless info and not worth the price of 3 games worth to get 2 words.

For The Last Maharajah I blame Assassin's Creed shoving all it's info to Transmedia. It needs to stop. There is no point telling fans in comic books or on Initiates or w/e what has happened to a PoE only for years later to make a game DLC detailing the same thing.

DLC and the Transmedia needs a refocus. Anyone who invests in the Transmedia stuff gets shafted when it comes to wanting new information in games because its all just retread at the moment and I am very unhappy with what is happening with this franchise.

m4r-k7
03-06-2016, 03:39 PM
I agree on everything you say.

But, nothing is going to change. However much we as fans want it, we have to accept that transmedia isn't going away for Assassins Creed. Everything definitely needs shaping so that consistency between media types is strong, but its just not going to happen because money money money

VestigialLlama4
03-06-2016, 04:17 PM
DLC and the Transmedia needs a refocus. Anyone who invests in the Transmedia stuff gets shafted when it comes to wanting new information in games because its all just retread at the moment and I am very unhappy with what is happening with this franchise.

UNITY ruined this because until then the transmedia perfectly complemented the main game and didn't contradict stuff there drastically. Like the original Initiates Websites had these mini-stories that had cool content and connected the stories. Like ESEOSA's Letters to the Dead was incredible as a piece of transmedia. Wonderfully written, deepening the connections to the game and rewarding of additional investment on the part of fans.

Then Unity flat out contradicts Initiates, Letters from Eseosa, where the Haitian Revolutionaries led by Assassins find support from Robespierre and later get betrayed by Napoleon. Their hero Toussaint gets captured and killed by Napoleon. The fact that Arno stands beside Napoleon at the end of Unity and doesn't kill him means that fundamentally he's a traitor to the Haitian Assassins, a racist and a pro-slavery activist. Ubisoft's only options are to pretend Unity didn't happen or that transmedia doesn't matter. Transmedia doesn't matter is the better choice business-wise.

There is no overall editor of transmedia, its just random guys in separate corners in their orgone box. It's been like that since Unity a game that pretty much destroyed that multi-layered historical story going there.

Sorrosyss
03-06-2016, 05:20 PM
There is no overall editor of transmedia, its just random guys in separate corners in their orgone box.

I agree with all of you so far. And just to re-iterate what Llama said, here's poor Darby on the Chronicles story;

http://i.imgur.com/jLPqDd5.png

When one of the top writers doesn't know what is going on, it is clear that there is a lack of a cohesive direction. Each studio is just doing their own thing seemingly. This might also explain why so much of the Intel of Syndicate was just a rehash of everything that had come before. I do agree that it needs someone in place to manage all of these seperate stories, because at present there are alot of contradictions, and flies in the face of the "connected universe". There needs to be more oversight.

RVSage
03-07-2016, 12:25 AM
AS usual there were some huge lore conflicts

AC Brahman
Says original Koh-i-noor hidden in india

AC Chronicles India

Arbaaz gives diamond to Ethan Frye

AC Syndicate : Last Maharaja

Henry reasserts his father hid the diamond in India

Am I missing something?

Contradiction yet again?