PDA

View Full Version : Setting up a download schedule on Uplay possible?

xxsnoopiexx
03-06-2016, 03:57 AM
I have a download limit on the internet but I get free downloading between the hours of 2 a.m. and 8 a.m. Is it possible to setup a schedule for downloading between those times, just like steam has as example. ~~ Updates/Games only download at specific times you choose.

It would be a useful tool to a lot of people.

Ubi-Kay
03-07-2016, 12:21 PM
Hello, not possible at the moment sorry but thanks for the suggestion.

genopsyde77
03-26-2016, 08:04 AM
Heya Snoopie_22,

I'm in the same boat as you with a bandwidth cap per month and free time between 12am and 7am.
I've put in the same kind of request for Origin to add this feature. Not all of us live in the city with unlimited speed and bandwidth.
I've resorted to using the Windows Task Scheduler to "open a program" and point to BATCH files to start all my game clients at the start of my free-time and then shut them off at the end of it.

Create a batch file to start the programs, say StartEXE.bat and save it somewhere that's out of the way like C:\Scripts or Documents\Scripts.
Add commands in the file that look like this:
start "" "C:\Program Files (x86)\Ubisoft\Ubisoft Game Launcher\Uplay.exe"
Create a simple scheduled task that opens a program and point to your StartEXE.bat script location and tell it to run at 2am daily.

For the shutdown batch file, say StopEXE.bat, you can use this command to turn off the program:
taskkill /f /im Uplay.exe
Create another simple scheduled task to open a program, point to StopEXE.bat and run daily at 8am.

Uplay will continue downloading the game where it left off on exit. So, if you have a 32GB game to install like "The Division", then you can initiate the install manually and exit Uplay once it starts to download. Your scripts should start during the night, automatically start Uplay and continue downloading, then automatically kill it in the morning.

Of course, this can't stop the downloads from coming during the day when you're playing. The only options for that right now are to uncheck "Enable automatic game updates" or just now play during the day (as if right?)

IIINioXinIII
02-14-2017, 12:43 AM
This download feature is imperative for any gaming platform. This oversight is not acceptable in the modern age. And would be easy to implement. Code in a timer to pause and un-pause downloads.. Done. Do it UBISOFT or faith will continue to fade.

Smiting.Smit
11-23-2017, 10:07 AM
A year has passed and still the function is missing? All other gaming platforms have this function...