PDA

View Full Version : First person

Bgoldsmith46
03-06-2016, 01:21 AM
I would really like a first person assassins creed with great graphics and better parkour i think its a good idea but idk

rob1990312
03-06-2016, 01:32 AM
it would certainly bring something fresh to the series, but i think if it would be done first person mode would have to be the only camera mode because otherwiser older fans would just ignore it and revert back to the old camera

pacmanate
03-06-2016, 01:42 AM
I don't know how it would work with the current parkour mechanics. Parkour down would result in lots of spinning around and a lot of motion sickness, haha.

rob1990312
03-06-2016, 01:45 AM
I don't know how it would work with the current parkour mechanics. Parkour down would result in lots of spinning around and a lot of motion sickness, haha.

it would need a brand new engine, i think black flag could of worked with a first person view, i was happy with how it was but i think out of all the game it would have worked with that one best

pacmanate
03-06-2016, 01:30 PM
To be honest, everything would need reworking. Combat, parkour. I don't think it would work well. Many 1st person melee combat games are clunky in animations.

Megas_Doux
03-06-2016, 04:17 PM
To be honest, everything would need reworking. Combat, PARKOUR. I don't think it would work well. Many 1st person melee combat games are clunky in animations.

I might be alone about this, but I really like parkour the way it is right now. You know, out of all that needs a revamp on this franchise, I would keep it as it is......I prefer Unity's and Syndicate over the old gen games.

cawatrooper9
03-07-2016, 09:26 PM
Thematically, I've always thought AC should have been a First Person game. It would make more sense to see the world through the eyes of your ancestors, rather than some space about three or four feet up and behind their head.

But, of course, that argument quickly falls apart when we start talking about functionalityof gameplay.

Sorrosyss
03-07-2016, 09:54 PM
Mirror's Edge is the nearest game to this concept. I personally found it functional, but judging some parkour jumps when you can't see your feet doesn't work really. Same problem with melee, and knowing where enemies are behind you. AC would need to drop alot of functionality to make it work in my view. I prefer 3rd person overall.

Sushiglutton
03-07-2016, 11:04 PM
Thematically, I've always thought AC should have been a First Person game. It would make more sense to see the world through the eyes of your ancestors, rather than some space about three or four feet up and behind their head.

But, of course, that argument quickly falls apart when we start talking about functionalityof gameplay.

Yeah especially VR seems appropriate. But agree that it is problematic for gameplay. It's really part of the experience to be able to see the fluent movement of the assassin.

cawatrooper9
03-07-2016, 11:36 PM
Yeah especially VR seems appropriate. But agree that it is problematic for gameplay. It's really part of the experience to be able to see the fluent movement of the assassin.

Mirror's Edge is the nearest game to this concept. I personally found it functional, but judging some parkour jumps when you can't see your feet doesn't work really. Same problem with melee, and knowing where enemies are behind you. AC would need to drop alot of functionality to make it work in my view. I prefer 3rd person overall.

Agreed, and it's not limited to parkour. Stealth would be a bit of a nightmare too (though the new method of showing guard icons on the player, like in Far Cry, would help a lot). Combat would be atrocious, also. Know how combat, especially in older games, often became a game of "Surround the Assassin and Attack Him One at a Time"? Well, in first person, you wouldn't even know who was attacking you unless your field of view was pointed at that particular arc of the circle around you.

Jessigirl2013
03-11-2016, 08:46 PM
I would really like a first person assassins creed with great graphics and better parkour i think its a good idea but idk
Perhaps try mirrors edge instead.:rolleyes:

I agree, I tend to prefer third person games for this reason.:rolleyes:

DynaRider
03-12-2016, 03:40 AM
Can't handle first person games. If AC ever went this route I'd have to quit.

Jessigirl2013
03-12-2016, 01:22 PM
Can't handle first person games. If AC ever went this route I'd have to quit.

Is it personal taste or do you get motion sick?

I agree, I would also have to quit if it happened.

DynaRider
03-14-2016, 04:14 PM
Is it personal taste or do you get motion sick?

I agree, I would also have to quit if it happened.

Not really motion sickness but I get disoriented and just don't like the sensation of the first person view.

Jessigirl2013
03-14-2016, 08:03 PM
Not really motion sickness but I get disoriented and just don't like the sensation of the first person view.

Same here, its why I wasn't too keen on the FP MD in Rogue and BF.