PDA

View Full Version : "Assassin's Creed is Boring" ...what?

Mr.Black24
03-05-2016, 09:14 AM
Umm....I'm sorry but what? Not only he made a lot of unfair comparisons, but he missed alot of points of what the game and the series is.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UOgvbS4GkF0

Ehhhhh I don't know about this guy, but what do you think of his "analysis" ?

Sorrosyss
03-05-2016, 10:07 AM
Millions upon millions of game copies sold suggest otherwise. Not trying to White Knight, but there is quite a propensity for people to bash things purely because they are popular.

Now I'm not saying the franchise is perfect. Indeed, I think it has lost its way somewhat since AC3, but I still see the potential for it get back to greatness. The fact that Ubisoft are addings comics, novels, and movies suggests they have confidence in the brand that it can continue to grow in popularity. But as with all things in life - you can't please everyone. If this person finds it boring, then good for them. But creating a negative video like that is just designed to irk the fanbase, and get hits from its loyal fans. As such, I didn't watch it.

Helforsite
03-05-2016, 10:55 AM
Accordint to the video the real problem is that the guy is a action junkie who can not seem to stand one second of not action.
And he also does not like the story, because reasons-.-

Jessigirl2013
03-05-2016, 11:21 AM
Millions upon millions of game copies sold suggest otherwise. Not trying to White Knight, but there is quite a propensity for people to bash things purely because they are popular.

Now I'm not saying the franchise is perfect. Indeed, I think it has lost its way somewhat since AC3, but I still see the potential for it get back to greatness. The fact that Ubisoft are addings comics, novels, and movies suggests they have confidence in the brand that it can continue to grow in popularity. But as with all things in life - you can't please everyone. If this person finds it boring, then good for them. But creating a negative video like that is just designed to irk the fanbase, and get hits from its loyal fans. As such, I didn't watch it.

I agree, there too many people that just trawl the net saying that AC is rubbish and blah blah blah.
IMO its the only reason UBI decided there would be no AC this year, simply a PR move to stop people like this moaning after every release.:rolleyes:

It definitely has lost its way since AC3, We need to third person protagonist to actually care about and give the MD story some depth.
But it needs to be a character that's already in the series, I'm tired of their attitude of throwing out good characters willy nilly.:mad:

I think they need to change the way they look at new games, the way the Ezio Trilogy was so good was because he had 3 games to show character development.
They need to stop changing the past protagonist ALL THE TIME!, I understand people want to see "this time period" and "that time period" But since ACIII no characters story has seemed finished in the way that Ezios was... Anyone else think this.:confused:

I miss the way games used to seem "linked" together, I feel like that all they use S and R for in MD since ACIII. Just to glue the messed up MD together.:(
Don't get me wrong I want them to stay, but to have a more important role than just to say something to make loyal fans happy they are still in the game.

Anyone else think this?

ze_topazio
03-05-2016, 02:20 PM
http://www.thefreedictionary.com/humour

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Humour

SixKeys
03-05-2016, 06:59 PM
Random internet guy dislikes popular video game, news at 11.

VestigialLlama4
03-05-2016, 09:08 PM
Ehhhhh I don't know about this guy, but what do you think of his "analysis" ?

Just another online internet prostitute who wants to score hits by trashing a product he has neither the talent or wit to appreciate, leave alone dream of making. What else is there to say.

My question is why start a thread around this. I mean why put this video over anything else.

VoXngola
03-05-2016, 11:34 PM
"Assassin's Creed sucks" is one of the safest opinions you can have. No one will argue with you.

rob1990312
03-06-2016, 12:04 AM
i didnt like the video but there are one or two hard truths in it

GunnerGalactico
03-06-2016, 08:03 PM
That's funny, I think that CoD and all of the EA sports titles are actually the "real" stupid games. :rolleyes:

Ignacio_796
03-07-2016, 12:31 AM
Not wanting to sound like a fanboy, but this guy made a lot of illogical arguments and misconceptions drawn maybe from a previous prestablished biased opinion, probably originated from the actual backlash that exists nowadays in the general demographic against AC. What this guy is missing is that, just because there is a negative consensus about these games does not mean you can just throw random **** at the franchise and go away with it, worst even expecting to be applauded. Prove of that is how he puts the entirety of the sagas in the trash bin based on arguments that does not make any sense.

-AC s bad cuz iz zlow paced, and in Inchared you hve ecsplosssioooon and trainz and you kill guys with no remorze bcauze you are a cool dude, and tere is no drama n ASSCred becuse this guy iz cold and me dont like that.

No, just no. especially I have to highlight how he mocks the white room sections (yk, the cinematic sequence where you hold the guy you just killed to hear his last words...), which are one of the most caracteristic features of the games, all without not giving any proper reason of why this is bad beyond the slow-paced argument. Yeah, apparently slow-pace is a bad thing, even though that's what you have to do to set a story and characters... taking your time to do it.

Also Altair being a cold guy is justified behind the reason of being trained siNCE CHILDHOOD TO BE A FREAKING KILLING MACHINE!!!!!!

We can say a lot of bad things about AC (especially with recent titles, god knows not Syndicate, nor Unity, nor Rogue are particulary of my liking), but not like this bro...
There is just one exception between his arguments that i think it makes sense: Mission variety sucks.
And the actual gameplay has always been a little bit clunky and repetitive IMO.
But AC is a universe, is lore, is how the mechanics are packed together. AC has been (at least in the first ones), more than the sum of its parts.

I just don't see how the Uncharted (great games for sure), nor COD or Fifa are better based on the arguments made, having in mind how cheap and lazy the production of the last two seems to be. I always will stand by my opinion that AC is the most ambitious annual franchise (even though this fact plays against itself a lot of times), and that by itself its worth something for me... prefer thousands of times a dissapointing game that promised something that one that holds tight his mechanical pilars with only small variations draw from things that worked somewhere else.

Worst part is that if you go to comments in the video, you'll see phrases like: AC fanboy's ****storm incoming. Like if we, the people that like this franchise to more or less extension were the ones trasgressing the line between what is logical criticism and pure mockery (which can be valuable for the ones that are not into the franchise, i'll admit). Go... just go and try to dispute Dunkey's point. Now that you have done that, enjoy your free fanboy tag... yes i sense a lot of fanboyism, YTuberfanboyism.

I really like the guy, but i think he's utterly wrong in his points, even if its completely fair to dislike or hate things you simply cannot stand. Im not criticising his tastes, more like the way he justifies his disliking.

Helforsite
03-07-2016, 10:59 AM
I agree that his arguments are wholly illogical and highly subjective, but Ubihate is just too popular right now for these trolls not to want to profit from it.

cawatrooper9
03-07-2016, 09:24 PM
So he doesn't like Assassins Creed?

Wow, what a revolutionary opinion! I thought this series was the darling of gaming in the year 2016! :rolleyes: