PDA

View Full Version : Uplay Friends - Appear Offline

vivikta_
03-04-2016, 04:05 PM
Could we get an option to make our status "appear offline" as if Steam works?
I would like to maintain the uplay connection so games(yes, The Division for example) that require Uplay online are still avaliable.

Thanks for reading.

Ubi-Joel
03-04-2016, 04:26 PM
Thank you for your suggestion. :)

/Joel

rideekulous
03-10-2016, 10:12 PM
This would be a very welcome option for me.

I'd like to be online with the game, but be invisible to friends lists, etc. Sometimes its nice to play solo, or not have your pals know that you're online or playing anything.

Selica-VX9-
03-18-2016, 04:52 AM
I'd like to third this suggestion. This would be great!

Dicehunter
03-23-2016, 11:25 PM
I'd love this, Steam has had it for years and it's nice sometimes to just switch friend status to offline if you want some "me-game" time.

ThePocetnik
05-15-2016, 05:13 PM
I would like this option too. This is must have.

TeZ-Kdawg786
06-09-2016, 05:39 PM
Any update on this?

RD.Usuma
06-17-2016, 04:12 PM
Yeah, this is a huge option Uplay should've integrated years ago. I mean, how is this not possible already?

TeZ-Kdawg786
06-21-2016, 02:06 PM
Uplay just got updated with 2-step verification, Why couldn't you add a invisible mode?

Ubi-Cain
06-21-2016, 03:24 PM
Uplay just got updated with 2-step verification, Why couldn't you add a invisible mode?

Because we've been working on 2-Step Verification :) (Among other things that are higher on the priority list)

An Invisible mode is not going to be a very high priority for us. This is because for the time being an almost equal effect can be found by playing in offline mode.

If you're playing an online game then you'll still show as online in-game regardless of if we add an invisible mode because games do not directly inherit their online status from the Uplay client so this will also be dependent on game teams to also make modifications.

For now we'd recommend using the existing Away or Do Not Disturb modes and telling your friends you don't want to play with them at the moment :)
(Psst, The Away status doesn't give away that you're playing a game)

Tori_Hanzo
01-11-2017, 07:05 PM
:( I want to play Rainbow Six Siege Terrorist hunt without friends seeing me :(

Sadly in offline mode I can not see my challenges or even play Terrorist Hunt....

Big sad me.

KFAPSnorre
02-22-2017, 10:17 AM
Why can't you just implement it like Steam or Origin do it? Thats a perfect solution. I can still play online, but for my contacts I appear as offline. And its not shown what game I am playing while in offline status!!

And playing in offline mode for Uplay is not working for every game, not for For Honor for example.

sphericube69
11-22-2017, 08:28 AM
Almost 2018 and we are still waiting for this basic feature to appear offline :mad:
This is different from starting uplay in offline mode !
Why is it so long?
I don't want to explain to all my contacts why I put "Do not disturb" each time I start Uplay :(

Shibby523
12-31-2017, 08:42 PM
Put my name in as well. Sometimes it's nice to just be able to play a game without anyone hassling you to play with them. Much easier to appear offline then to have to explain why you don't want to play with them. Seems to be a cop out to say then we'd have to coordinate with all the devs to get this done when most other companies can do it just fine. Valve is the laziest when it comes to features and they have it.

Lewmane.SR6
01-03-2018, 11:38 PM
Just replying to the thread to hopefully bump this feature. Would be greatly appreciated to have something like this...

Jsaac4000
01-07-2018, 01:20 PM
For now we'd recommend using the existing Away or Do Not Disturb modes and telling your friends you don't want to play with them at the moment :)

Sooooo ? you do realise that in games like Rainbow 6 Siege, your Status can be "Away", but you are still in the Ingame-Tab, when using Shift+F2 and selecting Friends. So basically i does NOT work like you said in this Quote. I mean ok this is a necro-post, but i don't care the issue is not resolved, it would be cool if you would at least conisder a similar feature it does not need to be excatly the same, but at least an option to "hide" , when you don't want play with your friends. This is a very important feature, because this is not primarily a Socialnetwork, it is a Gamingplatform, and it should be treated like one. People don't wan't wo always feel the pressure to say, Yes or No, to a game invite and explain themselfes, they already have this with things like the message-read notification in WhatsApp. I hope that you do realise that this is one Factor, that may drive people away from your Platform.

Tet_Pr
01-22-2018, 10:33 PM
Because we've been working on 2-Step Verification :) (Among other things that are higher on the priority list)

An Invisible mode is not going to be a very high priority for us. This is because for the time being an almost equal effect can be found by playing in offline mode.
[/B]

Well make it of higher priority, its a simple request and there are hundreds of threads about this already. Like this other user said, it says ur away in Uplay but not when Shift + F2 from ingame. Steam and Origins have it, Uplay needs to also.
Such a simple request, cant believe its not being implemented.

Mr__Scary
02-10-2018, 10:13 AM
I know, Remember the old days when a game didn't even need (Steam, Uplay, Origin) the game just worked by itself.
I would Like that option. I could play online with strangers, and didn't worry about glitchy stuff happening due to it.

We didn't have clouds, we had our own hard drive, we were responsible for our own achievements, and progress being saved to our local PC.
I still have my Call OF Duty: World At War profile saved on my hard drive. Because guess what. things break, Remember Game Spy? All your stuff is gone now.

Anyway, yeah Stand Alone would be a great option.

R0SH4MB0
03-06-2018, 07:29 PM
Who want to haz invisibility and be online? All the people. Who want to only work on ubiproblems? Uplay. You no can has invisible. You pay the Uplay and u haz the invisible. Or no ken haz.

peves
03-13-2018, 01:34 AM

If you're playing an online game then you'll still show as online in-game regardless of if we add an invisible mode because games do not directly inherit their online status from the Uplay client so this will also be dependent on game teams to also make modifications.

The point is that if you are online and playing with other friends you get people who come on and they pester you to play with them instead and you are just trying to do something different (such as use your same 3 man team for 5 rounds in RB6 Outbreak) you don't need other people pestering you to play with them instead. In offline mode you can't play with other people thus it defeats the purpose of that. As other people stated, being away might not pop up a message but it still shows up in the "Friends who are playing" section.

Tori_Hanzo
03-15-2018, 10:35 PM
Please please give us this feature, I have also wanted it from day one of the uplay client.
How hard can it be in terms of development effort and time?

/Me

Tori_Hanzo
03-15-2018, 10:37 PM
And why can I not edit my posts?
The issue with using "Away" is that others will still see that you are "away" and therefor connected and online.

We want to be invisible for chosen times.

Axel_Foley_84
03-16-2018, 03:55 PM
2 years asking a basic feature and nothing...

Somewhat_Lazy
03-18-2018, 07:02 AM
You think Ubisoft gives a crap about their users? If they did they would fix bugs in their games and the rampant cheating in games like The Division.

toomuchcrack
03-29-2018, 09:18 AM
ping ping, OP started the thread in 2016, its 2018, so Is there any update after 2 years? :D can I escalate this? hahahha :)

Ubi-Kay
03-29-2018, 12:39 PM
Hey,

It is on the roadmap and climbing in priority!

vivikta_
04-02-2018, 01:59 PM
Hey,

better late than never!

rustikb88
04-03-2018, 05:09 PM
Hey,

Really ? On the roadmap? Its been two years for that thread and that what you answer to your clients ?
You could just say we dont give a **** about your requests and will do what we think is for the best
Jesus, its not a huge one.
Its a basic thing that ALL the other platform have

no_talent_clown
04-03-2018, 08:40 PM
This. Must. Be. A. Priority.

I also opened up a ticket with support concerning making our activity feeds private. Absurd that this isn't possible.

Im.Bad.At.This_
04-04-2018, 07:35 PM
Its a basic feature no different than being set to "Away". Every single other platform has this feature, why is it that Ubisoft is lagging behind? If I appear offline on steam and discord, but show up on uplay, it makes it obvious that I am hiding and will be called out on it. We players like to have just US time so we dont get bombarded with Invites, messages and all sorts of distracting stuff while we play. Please for the love of gaming, make this a feature Ubisoft.

eddvdm
04-15-2018, 01:54 PM
As a software developer myself it really comes weird to me this not being a "priority" for so much time. I can only imagine the meetings defining this as "low or below" priority, the arguments.

I try to defend Ubisoft in a lot of ways when I talk games with people, but are things like this that make me question myself if I should.

But eh, better late than never, like someone said. Please, hurry with this.

Axel_Foley_84
04-18-2018, 06:45 PM
As a software developer myself it really comes weird to me this not being a "priority" for so much time. I can only imagine the meetings defining this as "low or below" priority, the arguments.

I try to defend Ubisoft in a lot of ways when I talk games with people, but are things like this that make me question myself if I should.

the meeting must be something like:
"And that thing of offline mode?"
"Ahhh, another time"

unrealkiller111
06-16-2018, 11:29 PM
LOL 2 years later and we are still waiting. I guess community managers replying to threads, not just this one, is just their way of sweeping things under the rug to hope it's not brought up again,

TheSpartan1988
07-01-2018, 10:04 AM
Well...it was inevitable for us to ask such a simple implementation and for Ubisoft to "diplomatically" dismiss it.

Something tells me that we won't see this feature for a long time to come.

svobodnykh
07-02-2018, 03:35 PM
Wow, I'm impressed that UBI does not give a s*** about the customer's demmand. Yeah... 2 years and YET we are still here, waiting for nothing. No wonder all my friends says they hate uplay and use steam instead. I wish I could play for honor and division without being pested/disturbed by friends that come home drunk to play the game.

"oh, but you can just say "n.o".

I JUST DON'T WANT TO PLAY WITH THEN! I WANT A PRIVACY!! WE ARE AT 2018 AND UBI CAN'T GIVE US THIS A SIMPLE AND BASIC DEMMAND!

RavzEU
07-19-2018, 04:11 PM
Learn to never expect anything from Ubi, even if a community manager replies - they're just as useless, they spend as much time as a politician trying to appease people but just like politicians they do crap all about the actual issues they promise to feedback to the team/address.

Useless-soft.

/thread.

SRB.Pharstrider
07-22-2018, 05:10 PM
I'm a bit late jumping into this thread but that's because I've refused to play Uplay games when wanting to left alone. This feature is a must-have for Ubisoft to stay competitive. Being "Away" is not good enough for when we want to be left alone thrashing out our frustrations on some poor helpless pixles

Black1984pl
07-22-2018, 09:15 PM
Totally agree.
Sometimes I would like to play the division on my own. Not getting 10 invites, everytime I go online...
Please Ubi do something with that!

About47Pandas
07-31-2018, 04:50 PM
I really don't know why it matters at the moment, I personally just perma set my client to Do Not Disturb. What is the actual difference? Someone might message you and you tell them you are busy?

For now, we'd recommend using the existing Away or Do Not Disturb modes and telling your friends you don't want to play with them at the moment :)

This is just as good as invisible. I usually launch my Uplay when I log in on my PC, Immediately setting it to DND. Just because your PC is on, doesn't mean you are there.

I personally get the reason for wanting an invisible mode, "But why you tryna hide bud"

I mean, don't get me wrong, who uses Uplay as their primary Social source anyways? Between Steam and Discord O_o No one Messages me on Uplay

https://imgur.com/8hbNj8F

These are just my friends from Steam I added to Uplay through that system they have, they ain't contacting me on Uplay Ill tell you that. I am sure even the guys who Develop this client know they are not really competing with any other platform for social dominace.

That being said, the Two-factor authentication update, makes sense, protecting your account > That friend you want to avoid.

I try to defend Ubisoft in a lot of ways when I talk games with people but are things like this that make me question myself if I should.

As a software dev, you probably work with a team... maybe have a boss, your boss has a boss and so on. They DNGAF about what you think is a priority. I work with Assembly Code and C++, They could not care less about what I think should be priority, they pay me to program for *them*

CaviarKev
11-06-2018, 02:03 AM
actually incredible that this still isnt a thing, literally every other platform has it. and uplay being such a huge center especially with the player base that siege has you'd think this would be higher on the list. I understand the developers are busy and there are PLENTY of bugs to fix, but implementing an "invisible" mode cant possibly take that much resource can it?

TonyTheTuba
11-15-2018, 06:18 PM
Just wanted to add my voice to this request, hoping it can make its way onto the "being worked on" list soon.

Thank you.

HistoricMoments
11-28-2018, 02:21 AM
I am tired of Ubisoft's excuse of this is not a high priority for us. If it's not then how come so many people are wanting this feature. They realize that if your friends are playing a game and you launch the same one, it will give your friends a notification that you are playing despite what your status is. Why is a simple feature so difficult to implement?

Griffith.-
12-16-2018, 01:22 AM
Still no invisible mode in 2018 (Almost 2019) amazing...

LACHO-NIBRE
12-18-2018, 09:20 PM
So if I want to play undisturbed and on my own I just have to choose a non Uplay game... excellent... But I can select "away" and "Do not disturb" which doesn't actually work because it still says I'm online anyway. And it's not like I can check what I appear as, like steam. Thank you for your respect towards your customers who want to play with some privacy Ubi. You really nailed the basic features section of your ****ty client...

Bambihunter1971
12-21-2018, 05:29 PM
I really don't know why it matters at the moment, I personally just perma set my client to Do Not Disturb. What is the actual difference? Someone might message you and you tell them you are busy?

I personally get the reason for wanting an invisible mode, "But why you tryna hide bud"

I play with randoms a lot that have been added to my list. Some have became actual friends. I (would like to think I) am a good team mate and almost always am up to help someone accomplish something in a game. I get invites a lot because of this. 99% of the time, it is fine. But, if you had a horrible day at work, fight with the wife, etc sometimes you just want some alone time for gratuitous video game violence. The way it is now, I just close Uplay completely and play a Steam game. This is not that high of a priority to me either as there are options, but I certainly get the need. I always appreciated the feature way back in ICQ days too. I rarely use it anymore, but it is nice to have when I do want it.

Bambihunter1971
12-21-2018, 05:31 PM
I forgot to add in the above post... When someone messages you that you always play with and you say you want to play solo today, they inevitably ask what is going on since that is out of character for me. I don't always want to take the time, or even talk about it some days.

fleezi_
12-24-2018, 07:42 AM
+1

It's ridiculous that this still isn't an option. Bambihunter1971 said it perfectly, at the tail end of a bad day, or even when I just wake up and don't want to interact with any of the numerous people in my friends list, I want the option to play online without people knowing I'm online and possibly hitting me up for a really awkward conversation.

Petty? Maybe.
Needed? Definitely.

Steverinoo
01-07-2019, 02:22 AM
Away status does tell your friends your are playing a game. I've tested it. Also, change the wat you can purchase games. I've wanted to gift games to friends and UBI stilllllllllllllll does not have this feature!!!!!!!!!!!

SJSquishy
01-13-2019, 06:47 AM
Can you have an intern create this feature in a week please? Thanks.

This should be so trivial. Why is this not done yet?

Banana5plit
02-01-2019, 04:28 PM
count me in for this same request

Heavybadik
02-07-2019, 04:55 PM
I would really like to have option to appear offline on friend list. Please

GangBngOrangtan
02-09-2019, 05:13 PM
Almost ANOTHER year gone by... Where is this "roadmap" going? Neptune??

WL01993481
02-11-2019, 06:30 AM
Hey,

Climbing the Priority? It's already 2019.

AurioDK
02-16-2019, 11:40 PM
Another vote to get this done, sometimes I just want 30 minutes to get something done without having to deny people to join my game, that further requires explanations and time goes by quickly when trying to convince people that you are just in for a quick check up in the game.

SJSquishy
02-17-2019, 09:40 AM
uh yeah.

if Uplay could catch-up with Steam via the 2000's, that would be great.

So far behind.

SJSquishy
02-17-2019, 09:42 AM
Thank you for your suggestion. :)

/Joel

Useless, obviously. Why even post?

SJSquishy
02-17-2019, 09:46 AM
Easiest answer is to just buy steam games only.

MattTheTechLV
02-17-2019, 03:17 PM
It appears by the time we FINALLY get this feature, The Epic Games Store is probably going to have surpassed Uplay in Users, and some executives in charge of growing Uplay are going to be asking themselves why people left uPlay. Maybe its because literally every other launcher can give us a simple little button that we have literally been asking for for years. Instead of spending time questioning why we want it, why not just appease us and ad it, for god sakes if steam can get off their butts and do it you would think uPlay could, but I guess then you'd be dead wrong...

I'm taking bets, what do you think people? My Money is maybe we will see it in 2025...

MattTheTechLV
02-17-2019, 03:21 PM
Maybe we would be better off going back to school, learn how to code, then go apply for a job at Ubisoft, request a transfer to the uPlay division, work on the Invisible button as a project in our spare time off, then finally get it pushed to the next update. By then, maybe just maybe, we could have it done by 2024!

Is that too optimistic?

MattTheTechLV
02-17-2019, 03:24 PM
And god forbid we ask for a privacy section...

Spotikiss92
03-01-2019, 10:16 PM
This should be on the Top of QoL improvements list, i dont wanna appear online as "away" i dont want my friends to know im online at all sometimes like many do. going offline was stated is has a similar effect but playing online games is the one of the most important things to be able to do, yeah u can still see us on if ur friends happen to have the same game or are playing said game at the time but if they aren't then i get the little time i wanted to be unnoticed. we are only asking for a better privacy section.

+ add me to the list of supporting this feature let get this to the top of the list b4 2020~!

KRX-.-VII
03-02-2019, 12:42 AM
YEARS AND YEARS and they still dont have this on??????????? WHAT THE HELL is not like they dont make repetitive Tripel A games to have enough money for a coder to do this in like one week man

Heavybadik
03-05-2019, 03:12 PM
I would like support this. Give us ability to appear offline on friend list please.

AT-Yojinbo
03-17-2019, 01:56 PM
Weekly reminder that an Offline mode would be VERY much appreciated. Thanks!

Noctis_Caelum
03-17-2019, 01:59 PM
Just leaving my mark here so that Ubisoft would consider implementing this in the next millennia.

Ayonc
03-20-2019, 12:36 AM
I concur with appearing offline

Jaeger-01
03-31-2019, 07:15 PM
S0o0oo0o0oo0o0o0o... Is it a priority yet?

Throwing my hat in for this to be a function. We all have that one friend who plays way too much, then sees you're online and pesters you to invite them. You do it because you don't want to hurt their feelings, so they join. They're a higher level than you, and they just run ahead of you, looting everything and killing everything while you're trying to just slowly enjoy the game.

I really don't want to **** on my lonely friend who simply has a different opinion of what is fun- Please, I am begging you guys to finally implement this function.

Shanmann
04-08-2019, 09:49 AM
I want this feature, add me to the list. Give it me now.

Also show me where your community asked for 2 step verification. I work in IT and development and I'd say roughly about 10% of end users appreciate Multi Factor Authentication.

Now for your excuse of games wont work with it, other companies have got managed to get this impossible task working for several years now....

So the truth is:

a) Your team isn't skilled up enough to pull this off
b) Your team DGAF about the communities wishes.
c)It's all a big mistake and you're developing this as I type.

Please be option 'C'

Sincerely,

Shanman :D

Orl.Feyne
04-08-2019, 05:10 PM
I too will add my name to the list of users wanting this functionality. More importantly, how many users do the posters in this thread represent that carry this feature request in silence?

I would like to jump on Division 2 right now, but I am going to wait just because of one individual in my friend list. I _KNOW_ I will get a ping if I jump into game, and I just do not need the conversation that will follow.

Sometimes... Sometimes we play games just to get away.

Please help us, Ubi. :confused:

Jaeger-01
04-10-2019, 01:04 AM
Write me in as one of the people not playing the Division anymore due to this. I am the type of guy who wastes his money on stupid cosmetics- I am your favorite customer. Yet I haven't played Division 2 in weeks because my one friend is a nightmare to play that game with and he joins me IMMEDIATELY every single time. It's like he is just waiting there for someone to get on.

Please. I want to play your game, but as it is, I basically can't enjoy it. Please don't ignore us any longer.

Oddvar_Ashborn
04-17-2019, 01:11 PM
So the truth is:

a) Your team isn't skilled up enough to pull this off
b) Your team DGAF about the communities wishes.
c)It's all a big mistake and you're developing this as I type.

Please be option 'C'

Sincerely,

Shanman :D

B

Ehru.
04-28-2019, 06:19 AM
Mid first quarter of the year and still no progress on this functionality.

Ubisoft doing Ubisoft things. :confused:

FilthMcNeill
05-02-2019, 03:50 AM
Still can't believe that this isn't an option for Uplay after all this time