PDA

View Full Version : The Child In Syndicate Helix Files (Spoilers)

Bipolar Matt
02-29-2016, 01:13 AM
Question.

Abstergo has all of Desmond's DNA after his body was collected by Lineage, Research and Acquisition after he died in the Grand Temple.

His DNA was harvested, "stripped for parts" as Dr. Gramatica put it in Syndicate's Assassin Intel and then his remains cremated.

So my question is this.

In that same Assassin Intel audio file, it is mentioned that there is a 10 year old boy who has the same paternal DNA as Desmond (almost certainly his son, although other possibilities such as a brother or cousin also exist). He is also a Sage.

Was Abstergo so interested in this child because of his genetic memories? That seems redundant. Abstergo has all of Desmond's DNA direct from the source already, unless the child's mother also has DNA of interest. Or was it more because this child is a Sage?

I think it's more the latter and his lineage is just a bonus.

Thoughts?

ERICATHERINE
02-29-2016, 01:40 AM
Question.

Abstergo has all of Desmond's DNA after his body was collected by Lineage, Research and Acquisition after he died in the Grand Temple.

His DNA was harvested, "stripped for parts" as Dr. Gramatica put it in Syndicate's Assassin Intel and then his remains cremated.

So my question is this.

In that same Assassin Intel audio file, it is mentioned that there is a 10 year old boy who has the same paternal DNA as Desmond (almost certainly his son, although other possibilities such as a brother or cousin also exist). He is also a Sage.

Was Abstergo so interested in this child because of his genetic memories? That seems redundant. Abstergo has all of Desmond's DNA direct from the source already, unless the child's mother also has DNA of interest. Or was it more because this child is a Sage?

I think it's more the latter and his lineage is just a bonus.

Thoughts?

I think it's a little bit of the 2, actualy. I hope we will control him in the next md. ^-^

Sorrosyss
02-29-2016, 01:54 AM
It's a combination of the two agreed. Anyone with eagle vision has a higher proportion of Isu DNA, and anyone who is a Sage has an exponentially higher amount. For the Phoenix Project, which hopes to map the Isu genome, it's a big win - especially after the Assassins destroyed Standish's body in the attack on the Paris facility.

ERICATHERINE
02-29-2016, 02:24 AM
It's a combination of the two agreed. Anyone with eagle vision has a higher proportion of Isu DNA, and anyone who is a Sage has an exponentially higher amount. For the Phoenix Project, which hopes to map the Isu genome, it's a big win - especially after the Assassins destroyed Standish's body in the attack on the Paris facility.

This and I think they need 1 sage now that they have a shroud to create an isu. Plus, like they said in the intel, they want to collect data by puting him in the animus. It's true they already have everything from Desmond, but with this kid they have it's mother lineage AND MORE IMPORTANTLY the memory of every sage and the ones of Aita. ^-^

Helforsite
02-29-2016, 05:02 PM
This and I think they need 1 sage now that they have a shroud to create an isu. Plus, like they said in the intel, they want to collect data by puting him in the animus. It's true they already have everything from Desmond, but with this kid they have it's mother lineage AND MORE IMPORTANTLY the memory of every sage and the ones of Aita. ^-^

Dont know where you get your information, but as far as I know sages have only Aita's memory, because they are not related to the other sages and only have Aita's genes.

col_96
02-29-2016, 05:37 PM
What makes you think that Desmond's body was cremated?

Doesn't Abstergo have it somewhere still?

cawatrooper9
02-29-2016, 05:38 PM
I have a sneaking feeling that this will join the swelling ranks of abandoned AC MD plot threads soon.

It's just a huge (and kind of strange) step in a direction that they just don't seem willing to commit to (both with MD and specifically, Desmond).

ERICATHERINE
02-29-2016, 06:09 PM
Dont know where you get your information, but as far as I know sages have only Aita's memory, because they are not related to the other sages and only have Aita's genes.

No, you misunderstood. When I'm saying this sage kid have Aita and the sages memory, I'm talking about the memory of the animus, not the ones of the sage say they have. On the other hand nobody ever said a sage don't have the memory of others sage to remember. ^-^

Bipolar Matt
02-29-2016, 06:54 PM
What makes you think that Desmond's body was cremated?

Doesn't Abstergo have it somewhere still?

Could have sworn I read that somewhere. Maybe I'm wrong.

Sorrosyss
02-29-2016, 08:12 PM
Could have sworn I read that somewhere. Maybe I'm wrong.

Was confirmed by Darby on Twitter;

https://mobile.twitter.com/DarbyMcDevitt/status/660837090431737856

Bipolar Matt
02-29-2016, 08:24 PM
Found it. On here actually, an old thread "The resurrection of Desmond Miles."

Darby mentioned since Black Flag that Desmond's body was cremated.

MikeFNY
03-01-2016, 09:31 AM
I believe we're looking too much into this to be honest.

One of the reasons why the series is taking a break is to come back with something fresh, especially for those new to the series. I doubt the story will contain a lot of elements from previous games and database entries. I mean how many are ready to read through pages and pages of database entries to know what a sage is, who Dr. Gramatica is, who/what Abstergo is, how genetic memories work, etc.?

pacmanate
03-01-2016, 03:14 PM
On the subject of Desmond being reincarnated, it could happen.

End of AC Syndicate, Abstergo have first civ DNA and the Shroud. They will be able to remake a First Civ being.

Before they cremated Desmond, they harvested his organs, this was shown in AC4 and is how they have his DNA thus how we got to relive Edward Kenway's memories.

So theoretically, if someone got a hold of Desmonds organs and the Shroud, they could remake Desmond.

Not sure why anyone would want to but... yeah.