PDA

View Full Version : AC Annual Edition going to Miss

DonJuan2000
02-26-2016, 01:59 AM
As lover of Assassin's Creed series, I'm going to miss it. Well even if maybe I don't buy it all toghether at day 1, and buy some at discounted price, I'll miss the same, 'cause is not depend from the game quality at all. I very like AC and I think they are all nice done and acted. History, epic generations adventures linked beetween them, narrative, high quality acting etc. They always innovate in some way or another and they have big production resources behind them, so I didn't see any reason to stop annual edition. For example AC3 introduced run on trees, better horse exploration of the American Frontier, and naval combat in the wonderful history background of a very well written American Revolution ( I'm just sorry for Hytham end and always hope they could recover him in some way :) ).
Black Flag deepened the Pirate Era with one of my favorite game ever. I should want even a Black Flag 2 with more about Pirate history and narrative of that age.
AC: Rogue really love that game, presenting another angle of the entire story like i really wanted to see and play.

Unity despite some bugs at coming out, brought very nice innovation about graphic and so on. Syndicate introduced the Industrial Revolution age in a so fascinating Victorian London. And I cannot wait so see more.

One of the most wanted is the Far West. After AC3 and Watchdogs they can do a very lovely AC in the Far West that could be even much better of Read Dead Redemption, never came on PC after all.

Another fascinating age is Roman Empire, from Caesar to August, do you remember Son of Rome ? Well is just a taste of what an AC in Roman Empire era could be. And then Ancient Egypt.
I can understand maybe if they wanna alternate with Watchdogs, another game I Love. But I didnt see any reason anyway to stop annual edition.

I'll continue to buy and enjoy playing them. Just need more narrative and acting maybe. And yeah innovations are always appreciated but just like always did one way or another. But said so they are very nice for me. I really, really hope Ubisoft will reconsider better and back to annual edition at least. There are plenty AC gamers out there will miss it considerably.

And well if you want to make an AC RPG too with more narrative and acting, quests etc. well I'm totally with you.

Jessigirl2013
02-26-2016, 09:27 PM
Welcome the forums.:rolleyes:

I agree its sad there's no AC 2016 and IMO its seems as more of a PR move to show fans they learnt from Unity.
I don't think its needed but many disagree.

Rogue is one of the best ACs since ACIII and has a great story and even better MD than recent entries.:cool:

DonJuan2000
02-27-2016, 12:44 AM
ahahah :D thanks Jessigirl ! :D Welcome to you too ! :cool: And nice to meet you.

So Glad you like and appreciate the series like me.

Yeah I think too could be a PR move. I just hope they will have success and back to annual edition as soon as possible. They made Watchdogs and AC togheter with high quality standard. I'm confident they can handle it very well. :cool:

Unity: yeah but Honestly they admitted the problem and fixed the bugs soon. Anyway It's still a good AC game after all.

Rogue: I'm playing right now. I totally agree with you. Rogue is wonderful :)

Welcome the forums.:rolleyes:

I agree its sad there's no AC 2016 and IMO its seems as more of a PR move to show fans they learnt from Unity.
I don't think its needed but many disagree.

Rogue is one of the best ACs since ACIII and has a great story and even better MD than recent entries.:cool:

Jessigirl2013
02-27-2016, 12:33 PM
Nice to meet you too.:cool:

Lets hope its back to annual entries when it returns.
When it is released I doubt the extra year will give the game big changes that anti-annualisation supporters want, and perhaps UBI will just decide that it was an experiment but they will return to what they did before.

Many disagree about Watch Dogs though.:rolleyes:
It didn't exactly have the best launch as it had a multitude of bugs on PC and on consoles.
And the game as a whole just seemed odd and it was like a bad GTA clone.
For example, Why did it give the option to "rent" vehicles... It didn't really need that in the game and seemed as it if was because GTA had this option.:rolleyes:
I found it bizarre how every object in Chicago was like it was made out of crisp packets the way the just fell down when hit with a vehicle.:rolleyes:
That, and every time I drove past people on a bike they would freak out like "WHAT IS HE DOING!":rolleyes:

I personally am really excited for Watch Dogs 2 however, as I think the different between WatchDogs to Watchdogs 2 will be as big as the leap AC1 had to ACII.:cool:
Where it learns from its mistakes and makes a game that will make people fall in love with that IP just like AC.:rolleyes: