PDA

View Full Version : Transfering BF save file, keep getting damaged save

DaGengster
02-25-2016, 02:36 AM
So I lost by Black Flag save file when I reinstalled the OS on my computer.
When I tried to copy my friend's save files (Ubisoft Game Launcher\savegames\numbers\437) and put it into my save file location, the game tells me I have a damaged save. I copied only the 1.save, 1.save.upload, 2.save, and 2.save.upload file.

I googled the problem but I didnt find anything. Am I doing it wrong or something? Do I have to copy more than just the save files? Or are the saves bidden to a person's uplay account?

I really dont want to have to play through the entire campaign again just so I can screw around in the jackdaw :p

UbiSmarmy
02-25-2016, 03:14 AM
From what I've seen saved games are specific to that account. You may be able to find a workaround but I don't know of one.

What I would suggest is try to import your saved game from your previous PC otherwise you may need to go back and play through again.

DaGengster
02-25-2016, 05:59 AM
From what I've seen saved games are specific to that account. You may be able to find a workaround but I don't know of one.

What I would suggest is try to import your saved game from your previous PC otherwise you may need to go back and play through again.

Oh :(
Ill just play through it again
Going to backup my save this time :P

Jessigirl2013
02-26-2016, 11:05 PM
Oh :(
Ill just play through it again
Going to backup my save this time :P

Its an enjoyable game, At least its not Unity.:rolleyes:

YazX_
02-27-2016, 11:41 AM

indeed, game saves are encrypted per account, if you are using a save from other accounts then it won't work.

Jessigirl2013
02-27-2016, 12:38 PM
indeed, game saves are encrypted per account, if you are using a save from other accounts then it won't work.

Any idea how long this as been the case?, As I'm sure this wasn't the case as some point.

Locopells
02-27-2016, 07:21 PM
It's been the case ever since ACIII, I think.