PDA

View Full Version : Quest and RPG elements included?

PAN_1972
02-24-2016, 08:05 AM
Hi folks,

Im wondering if there will be also quests and/or RPG game elements implemented in the game.
Will I be able to upgrade my stronghold, my soldiers etc.?
I know there will be a solo campaign as stated by Stephane Cardin in an Interview.

Cheers,

Pan

Akasha-Rose
02-24-2016, 02:07 PM
Hi folks,

Im wondering if there will be also quests and/or RPG game elements implemented in the game.
Will I be able to upgrade my stronghold, my soldiers etc.?
I know there will be a solo campaign as stated by Stephane Cardin in an Interview.

Cheers,

Pan

Character and gear progression would be interesting elements but balance issues would ensue here's hoping.

SpaceElephant
02-25-2016, 03:35 PM
That's an interesting idea, we'll have many customization options, emblems, rewards, progression and other surprises but we're not going as far as a RPG. The core of the game is really the fighting mechanics, our amazing heroes and the immersion on the battlefield. We're still making the game so we're still very opened to ideas :)

Nef4r
02-26-2016, 05:45 PM
Hi,

There will be some kind of perks? Watching the gameplay and we can see for the Oni (but also Knights on some video) that when they block, their sword become red (for more damage I suppose). My question is that it will be in general (as a general fight mecanic) or beyond the classes we could still personnalize them with some perks? If someone has already talked about it in an another thread I apologize, I tought it is the best thread to talk about it.

Thanks.

Willaguy2010
02-29-2016, 03:28 AM
Hi,

There will be some kind of perks? Watching the gameplay and we can see for the Oni (but also Knights on some video) that when they block, their sword become red (for more damage I suppose). My question is that it will be in general (as a general fight mecanic) or beyond the classes we could still personnalize them with some perks? If someone has already talked about it in an another thread I apologize, I tought it is the best thread to talk about it.

Thanks.

I don't think perks have been talked about before so you're good there. What you're seeing when the blade turns your team color (red or blue) is what happens when you perform a parry, which not only blocks an attack but opens the opponent up for a counterattack. I think one of the devs at PAX Prime when I was playing said that it does increase damage.

We have feats, which are sort of like perks, but more like scorestreaks. If we did have perks it might make it difficult to properly identify what you should be expecting if you go up against that opponent. Let's say that you're a Warden or an Oni, and you see a Raider come at you, he/she has a shield so you should expect a more defensive play style, but what if he/she has a perk that lets him/her attack faster? Then that was unexpected, not necessarily a bad thing but I think it disrupts the flow of battle.

MisterWillow
03-02-2016, 07:59 AM
Hi,

Thanks.
I don't think perks have been talked about before so you're good there. What you're seeing when the blade turns your team color (red or blue) is what happens when you perform a parry, which not only blocks an attack but opens the opponent up for a counterattack. I think one of the devs at PAX Prime when I was playing said that it does increase damage.

We have feats, which are sort of like perks, but more like scorestreaks. If we did have perks it might make it difficult to properly identify what you should be expecting if you go up against that opponent. Let's say that you're a Warden or an Oni, and you see a Raider come at you, he/she has a shield so you should expect a more defensive play style, but what if he/she has a perk that lets him/her attack faster? Then that was unexpected, not necessarily a bad thing but I think it disrupts the flow of battle.

On the contrary. There was this thread (http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1234476-Perks?) made a while ago discussing perks (Solid_Altair mentions there was, at that time, another recent one, but I can't find it). Not knowing what exactly Nef4r means by 'perks', I'm not sure if it applies, but if it does, then my argument against them still stands.

Nef4r
03-07-2016, 09:30 AM
Thanks for the linked thread MisterWillow, I read it. So, I was just asking a question because of the red effect on swords when you parry, if it was a general effect (available for everyone) or kind of passive perks which activate when a special action come. If it is the case (passive perk), I definetely prefer this kind of special passive perk to specialize more our character and to be more unique even if it is only passive perks which activate at a special moment.

Sorry for my english, but I understood you are for the same things no?

MisterWillow
03-08-2016, 07:32 PM
Sorry for my english, but I understood you are for the same things no?

Yes.

In the case of the sword glow, from what I understand, it occurs after a successful parry and grants the player extra damage for a brief amount of time (5-10 sec. I think). The Oni's Poison Blade Feat works the same way (I think, since I haven't actually seen it in action), it's just that the Oni can activate it whenever they want, provided they have the Feat available.

The other examples I suggested in the other thread (buffing defense if you cap all the points, etc.) would follow this basic logic---that doing something in the match would give you 'perks' for a set amount of time---or would be tied to Feats in some way.

SearingShrapnel
03-21-2016, 09:37 PM
That's an interesting idea, we'll have many customization options, emblems, rewards, progression and other surprises but we're not going as far as a RPG. The core of the game is really the fighting mechanics, our amazing heroes and the immersion on the battlefield. We're still making the game so we're still very opened to ideas :)

I'm really happy to hear no RPG elements, loads of customization for your character and weapon is well enough.

TidalSpiral
03-22-2016, 11:16 PM
I'm really happy to hear no RPG elements, loads of customization for your character and weapon is well enough.

Agreed, don't turn this game into something it's not. Maybe play with that idea in a sequel / spin-off but not for the core melee battle we want.