PDA

View Full Version : Ever feel bad about assassinating anyone? (possible spoilers)

Bipolar Matt
02-23-2016, 04:54 AM
In any of the games? There were a few I did.

1. The unnamed priest in AC2, Bonfire of the Vanities DLC. He was just up at the top of the Duomo singing a hymnal. Wasn't doing anything wrong. Didn't feel too good about stabbing him.
2. Tarik Barleti in ACR. He tried to do good the wrong way and you could see Ezio was like "Oh ****" when he realized the truth.
3. Kanentokon in AC3. He believed Charles Lee's lies and attacked his childhood best friend, Connor.
4. Adewale in AC:Rogue. Because it's Adewale.
5. Sir David Brewster in AC:S. An 87 year old man running a science experiment. Real big threat there.

Civona
02-23-2016, 06:01 AM
I felt bad about killing every target in AC3.

In particular Thomas Hickey. Because he was an unrepentant piece of garbage, but the point of his character was that any death is still a tragedy, and that killing is not something to be done lightly.

VestigialLlama4
02-23-2016, 07:39 AM
1) In AC1 - I felt bad for Tamir, Talal, Garnier, Abul Nu'qood and Sibrand. These four guys, even if they did bad things, I sort-of agreed with their worldview and why they did it, and I felt sympathy for them. The others not so much.

2) In AC2 - Dante Moro always depresses me, and I also feel bad for the targets in the Bonfire of the Vanities.

3) In Revelations - I felt bad for Tarik Berleti and also for Prince Ahmet...former because of the miscommunication and the latter, well he had it coming but that is still a cruel way to be killed, strangled and then tossed aside on the garbage heap of history. It's one of the few times I get why the Assassins have this kill and treat bodies with honor ethos.

4) AC3 - I felt bad for Jonathan Pitcairn.

5) Black Flag - Hornigold was a really depressing and sad mission. This guy was a friend, he turned Templar for completely understandable reasons and he still tries to be friendly to Edward at the end. The others don't have sympathy by comparison, although I respect Black Bart and Governor Torres.

6) Unity - Since I hate Arno, I actually rooted for all the targets, above all Pierre Bellec, to me the only truly heroic and admirable figure in that game. I felt bad for Le Peletier, he has a daughter he cares for and does what he does because he believes in it. Also La Touche when we see his flashback.

7) Syndicate - Pearl Attaway I felt really bad for. As well as Starrick, and strangely enough Maxwell Roth...

LoyalACFan
02-23-2016, 07:42 AM
John Pitcairn in particular. Probably my favorite Templar in the series; his dying monologue was beautifully written. After him would be Ben Hornigold... I always thought he was a bit of a bastard, but dammit if he didn't have a good point.

There were a few others, too... Killing Adewale sucked. So did killing Tarik. Lafreniere was unfortunate as well, but it didn't affect me on any emotional level, just a case of "whoops, wrong guy."

However, I did not feel bad about killing Kanen:to'kon. Or, I should say, I felt bad that Connor had to kill him, but I wasn't sorry he was dead. He believed Lee's word over the word of his best friend whom he had known ever since they were children, and then tried to murder him. F*** that guy.

VestigialLlama4
02-23-2016, 10:14 AM
John Pitcairn in particular. Probably my favorite Templar in the series; his dying monologue was beautifully written.

He's probably the only Templar who is a genuinely good person of all the targets.

ze_topazio
02-23-2016, 01:03 PM
This one beggar in AC1 I killed by mistake, she made a really sad sound when dying, I actually felt a bit disturbed after killing her.

Bipolar Matt
02-23-2016, 02:25 PM
I forgot about Dante Moro. Great point. Brain damaged thanks to Marco Barbario's thugs, forced into servitude of him and lost his wife. Reduced the mental equivalent of a child.

Actually, I kind of felt bad for Arnold and Putnam for a bit in Tyranny of King Washington. As they were dying, they realized "What have I done" under the influence of Washington and the Apple.

Hornigold I guess too, to some degree.

It's not quite the same, but at the very beginning of AC3, Haytham assassinating Miko. Looked like a frail old man at that point. "For what it's worth, I'm sorry."

Jessigirl2013
02-23-2016, 03:12 PM
Haytham Kenway :rolleyes:

I thought he was a cool character and a shame we didn't explore his character more.

cawatrooper9
02-23-2016, 04:27 PM
I feel bad about killing all the targets, because the Templars are always right :mad:

Except for the Assassins in Rogue, and Tarik in ACR. Those guys had it coming to them. Also, the infighting in Masyaf at the end of AC1 was fun to watch. :rolleyes:

ERICATHERINE
02-23-2016, 04:36 PM
because the Templars are always right :mad:

Speak for yourself. From my point of view the initiates are always right and from the point of view of my twin, the Assassins are. ^-^

cawatrooper9
02-23-2016, 04:41 PM
Speak for yourself. From my point of view the initiates are always right and from the point of view of my twin, the Assassins are. ^-^

The Initiates are gone, kiddo. Killed, disbanded, written out. We Templars are coming for the Assassins next. Sicarius evellam sic semper mortem.
Mwahahaha. :mad:

Xstantin
02-23-2016, 05:06 PM
Tarik and Pitcairn. And I didn't really like what ACIII did with Charles Lee's character so I kinda felt bad for him.

ERICATHERINE
02-23-2016, 05:37 PM
The Initiates are gone, kiddo. Killed, disbanded, written out. We Templars are coming for the Assassins next. Sicarius evellam sic semper mortem.
Mwahahaha. :mad:

Lol. The Initiates will never be disbanded as long as I'll be there, because since I signed to be an initiates, I am one of theme. I'm also not the only one who signed to be one of them and that's without counting my brother. We are the only existing faction of the Assassin's creed games. Erudito never existed. The Assassins existed, but in the time of ac 1. As for the Templars, they were exterminated ages ago in the real world. We are real. We are Initiates. I am the level 34 initiates. The one who got a level that wasn't supposed to exist due to a bug on our site. :p

cawatrooper9
02-23-2016, 07:48 PM
Lol. The Initiates will never be disbanded as long as I'll be there, because since I signed to be an initiates, I am one of theme. I'm also not the only one who signed to be one of them and that's without counting my brother. We are the only existing faction of the Assassin's creed games. Erudito never existed. The Assassins existed, but in the time of ac 1. As for the Templars, they were exterminated ages ago in the real world. We are real. We are Initiates. I am the level 34 initiates. The one who got a level that wasn't supposed to exist due to a bug on our site. :p

Not to get off topic (or rather, actually back on topic, I suppose), but your mentioning of Erudito reminded me of the Citizen E sections of Liberation. If any assassinations ever made me feel bad, it was probably them. They were basically just a meta-assassanation that worked as a weird mechanic to trigger supposedly suppressed memories, but the Citizen E targets were generally just civilians. It always felt kind of messed up having to kill them.

x-Lyyr-x
02-23-2016, 08:55 PM
I felt bad about killing every target in AC3.

In particular Thomas Hickey. Because he was an unrepentant piece of garbage, but the point of his character was that any death is still a tragedy, and that killing is not something to be done lightly.

I agree with that, in AC3 I really questioned my actions when I assassinated my targets. In that game I began to see the Templars not as "evil or negative" but as the other side of the same coin. In some situations you need control and order to protect the society. A lovely dilemma.

I will end with the words of the colonial grand master, Haytham Kenway:

"Even when your kind appears to triumph... Still, we rise again. And, do you know why? It is because the Order is born of a realization. We require no creed! No indoctrination by desperate, old men. All we need is that the world be as it is. And this is why the Templars will never be destroyed!"

cawatrooper9
02-23-2016, 11:50 PM
"Even when your kind appears to triumph... Still, we rise again. And, do you know why? It is because the Order is born of a realization. We require no creed! No indoctrination by desperate, old men. All we need is that the world be as it is. And this is why the Templars will never be destroyed!"

Oh hey, that's a pretty nice quote you got there. :rolleyes:

ERICATHERINE
02-24-2016, 01:03 AM
Oh hey, that's a pretty nice quote you got there. :rolleyes:

Yea. It's your sign, but with 1 more sentence. ^-^

SpiritOfNevaeh
02-24-2016, 01:33 AM
AC1: Sibrand. I felt bad because right after we kill him, he was scared about what the afterlife might hold for him, and claimed that the Apple of Eden proved there was nothing. Kinda of like how most of us are nowadays, like "what happens after we die?"

AC2: Jacopo. He was just trying to correct his mistakes, but the Templar turned against him and left him to die, forcing Ezio to put him out of his misery.

AC3. Pitcairn. He just wanted to parley.

Haytham, Enough said.

ACS: Malcolm Millner. This should be obvious :p

Civona
02-24-2016, 04:36 AM
I agree with that, in AC3 I really questioned my actions when I assassinated my targets. In that game I began to see the Templars not as "evil or negative" but as the other side of the same coin. In some situations you need control and order to protect the society. A lovely dilemma.

I will end with the words of the colonial grand master, Haytham Kenway:

I didn't really ever feel like the Templars in AC3 were right or justified, and I don't think the game intended to make me think they were. I just think that the game wanted me to understand that they're still just people, no matter what they believe or what they intend to do. Templars and Assassins are different sides of different coins, but in each case they're the extreme side of said coins.