PDA

View Full Version : The Next Assassin's Creed Will Not Be a Movie Tie-In, Ubisoft Confirms

RinoTheBouncer
02-22-2016, 09:53 PM
The next Assassin's Creed game will not be set during the same period as the upcoming movie, Ubisoft bosses have declared.
Fans of the stealthy action-adventure game have been speculating what the next Assassin's Creed game might hold.
Many believe it'll have an Egyptian backdrop and be set during the Spanish Inquisition.
In doing so this would tie-in with the upcoming Assassin's Creed movie, starring Michael Fassbender, Marion Cotillard and Jeremy Irons.
However during the Ubisoft's Investor Day presentation chief financial officer Alain Martinez ruled this out.

http://cdn.images.dailystar.co.uk/dynamic/184/photos/341000/Assassin-s-Creed-Movie-435341.jpg

"The next Assassin's Creed won't be about the Inquisition," explained Martinez.
"That doesn't mean there will never be an Assassin's Creed about the Inquisition, but we do feel it was wiser to give the creative freedom on the movie, so therefore there is not a great immediate tie-in between movie and games."
The decision from the outside certainly seems strange, especially when in contrast with Star Wars Battlefront.
The space shooter from EA narrowly proceeded the release of The Force Awakens, but surely some of those 12 million sales in Novemeber and Dcemeber must have come from releasing the game around the same time as the film.

Actually, this made gave me a jolt of pleasure, as one of my worst fears was another game in Europe between 1400-1800, or even worse, a movie tie-in. I truly hope the rumors are true about the next game being set in Ancient Egypt. Let's cross our fingers!

Source: http://www.dailystar.co.uk/tech/gaming/495628/Assassin-s-Creed-Movie-Ubisoft-Empire-Michael-Fassbender

VestigialLlama4
02-22-2016, 10:24 PM
The wider entertainment industry is ignorant of video games.

If they weren't they would know that tie-ins have been fairly dead for quite sometime. I mean Warner Bros gave up when Batman Arkham games proved to be superior than any movie tie-in and that started a trend for games to be separate from the film. This leads to Shadow of Mordor which has nothing to do with the books or the movies.

cawatrooper9
02-22-2016, 10:50 PM
Let's all breathe a sigh of relief.

BananaBlighter
02-22-2016, 10:55 PM
But if it was confirmed that there will be no new AC in 2016, why would they release a tie-in 1 year later anyway?

I mean, I just thought we'd already ruled this out when the absence of a game this year was confirmed.

cawatrooper9
02-22-2016, 11:13 PM
But if it was confirmed that there will be no new AC in 2016, why would they release a tie-in 1 year later anyway?

I mean, I just thought we'd already ruled this out when the absence of a game this year was confirmed.

Some people need to be spoon fed their information.

SixKeys
02-23-2016, 12:09 AM
Well, there was always the possibility of Ubi outsourcing a movie tie-in to another company, the same way they did the Chronicles games. But if there will be no tie-in game at all, I'm satisfied. It would probably be a rushed POS anyway.

ze_topazio
02-23-2016, 01:43 AM
Thank you Mr. Martinez but we sort of already knew that.

Sorrosyss
02-23-2016, 02:33 AM
I think we'd pretty much guessed this, but still nice to see a confirmation. I'm personally in favour of keeping them seperate. Sure we'll have some crossover (Alan Rikkin for one) but I do think it's for the best for each creative team to do their own thing.

We'd avoid a double stigma too. Movies based on games have a bad rep. As do games based on movies. A game based on a movie based on a game. I can think of one such example, and it was not pretty!

Jessigirl2013
02-23-2016, 03:30 PM
Let's all breathe a sigh of relief.

It could of been awful if they actually did it.:rolleyes:

I think we'd pretty much guessed this, but still nice to see a confirmation. I'm personally in favour of keeping them seperate. Sure we'll have some crossover (Alan Rikkin for one) but I do think it's for the best for each creative team to do their own thing.

We'd avoid a double stigma too. Movies based on games have a bad rep. As do games based on movies. A game based on a movie based on a game. I can think of one such example, and it was not pretty!

Prince of Persia perhaps :rolleyes:

pacmanate
02-23-2016, 03:35 PM
At least everyone here also thought this was obvious.