PDA

View Full Version : What's Up With Tournaments?

mattshotcha
02-22-2016, 05:30 PM
http://i.imgur.com/6lXkZaa.gif

As we continue to work on improving the Trials Fusion experience we’ve been looking at injecting some much needed variety into tournaments. There are two upcoming changes coming to tournaments that we think will give you a reason to check in and try your hand at tournaments more often.

Hopefully by now you’ve seen that we’ve been running weekly weekend tournaments for Acorn rewards and have even begun letting players from the community choose the tracks for these weekly tournaments. That was just the first step in our tournament improvements.

To help keep the rotation of tournaments fresh we will begin adding past weekend tournaments to the regular rotation. These tournaments will not reward acorns as they do during the weekend but what they will do is bring a wider variety of tournaments & tracks into the mix. To kick things off we will be replacing all current tournaments in the rotation with a selection of 15 previous Weekend & Community Tournaments.

Now we know you love acorns, we love ‘em too. In the interest of more acorns for everyone, we will also be adding 3 all new tournaments with acorn rewards into our regularly scheduled tournament section! The weekend community tournaments will still carry the highest rewards, but this way you’ll be able to save up a few extra Acorns during the week as you work towards scoring that fresh new bike or rider skin you’ve been saving for.

Good luck, riders!

APeX_ViRuZ
02-23-2016, 11:23 AM
Can you throw a ninja tournament in the weekday ones now and then? The last one was sweet :)

mattshotcha
02-24-2016, 07:31 PM
Can you throw a ninja tournament in the weekday ones now and then? The last one was sweet :)

I'll pass that along to the team but in the meantime, maybe consider suggesting a ninja tournament idea with track list for the Community Tournaments feature?

Check out this thread (http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1391302-Trials-Wants-You!).

PneumaticBog484
04-29-2016, 12:22 AM
Hey mattshotcha!

I was wondering if the tournaments with in-game cash rewards (not acorns) could have their prize pools raised a little bit.

I'm asking because I was going to play a tournament with an in-game cash reward just now, but I realized the prize was only $500 for being in the top 20%. Playing career extreme tracks gives a cash reward of $750, and I decided to do that instead of playing the tournament. I thought it might be a better incentive for people to play the tournament if the prize was 2 to 3 times more than the current bracket prizes, but only for the in-game cash tournaments. The acorn tournaments are just the right amount.

Thanks for your time!