PDA

View Full Version : So no AC this year, how about some new DLC?

eaton
02-21-2016, 11:10 PM
So, I'm new to the AC games, I just finished Syndicate, after playing all of the AC's from ACI , I did skip Rough (I might end up popping that one in though)

BUT DLC? I have not played the Jack the Ripper yet, but I did play some of the downloadable stuff for Unity and Syndicate. and I have to say , I love the AC games, and I'm willing to fork some $$$ to some new content. seems with Unity there was only 1 DLC as far as true story, how about some more?

I am going to go back to ACII to see if there is any for that that still exists.

Eb.

HDinHB
02-22-2016, 01:07 AM
Welcome! AC DLC is hit or miss, but some is worth paying for. If you didn't play Bonfire of the Vanities as part of AC2 already, that's well worth it. I don't know how often PS store has DLC sales.

ze_topazio
02-22-2016, 01:21 AM
So, I'm new to the AC games, I just finished Syndicate, after playing all of the AC's from ACI , I did skip Rough

After Rouge we now have Rough, poor Rogue nobody gets its name right.

Sorrosyss
02-22-2016, 01:35 AM
Welcome to the forums. While it's a novel suggestion, I think everyone is more interested in AC being rebooted right now. As such, I believe Ubisoft is quite rightly throwing all resources at the next game.

That being said, if you haven't played the other DLCs, you could try that out. AC3 has a substantial amount of extra content - I personally thought the Tyranny campaign was quite fun as it was a fair bit different in gameplay styles.

Finally, you should grab Rogue, if only to see how it links into Unity. ;)

HDinHB
02-22-2016, 01:36 AM

lol I was going to comment on that but forgot :). I prefer Rough to Rouge.

ERICATHERINE
02-22-2016, 03:43 AM
So, I'm new to the AC games, I just finished Syndicate, after playing all of the AC's from ACI , I did skip Rough (I might end up popping that one in though)

BUT DLC? I have not played the Jack the Ripper yet, but I did play some of the downloadable stuff for Unity and Syndicate. and I have to say , I love the AC games, and I'm willing to fork some $$$ to some new content. seems with Unity there was only 1 DLC as far as true story, how about some more?

I am going to go back to ACII to see if there is any for that that still exists.

Eb.

Which dlc do you have (by dlc I mean the ones with stories or places, not the ones that only give you weapon or other items)?

All the dlcs I remember there is are the followed :

In ac ii there is the oportunity to use Leonardo's flying machine in Forly.
Apart from that there is the Templar hideouts,
The battle of Forly, also called sequence 12
And the bonfire of vanities which the sequence 13.
Also, if you have enough uplay points you can exchange some for the mission that take place in the Auditore crypt.

In ac brotherhood there is other Templar hideouts,
The Copernico missions,
And the da Vinci disapearence.

In ac revelations, there is the lost archive
and the mission where the head of Vlad the empalor was.

In ac iii there is the ones with naval combat,
The one in a mayan pyramide,
The thyrany of king Washington which is buyed in 3 parts,
The Benedict Harnold mission (which, just so you know, have story that comes before the king Washington dlc)
And for what I remember, I think that's all the dlc of this game.

In ac iv black flag there is the 3 places dlcs,
The Aveline dlc,
And the Adewale dlc which have the name freedom cry.

In ac rogue, there is the fort de Sable dlc.

In unity, like you said, there is the dead kings dlc, which is also the sequence 13 of the game.

In syndicate, like you said, there is the Jack the ripper dlc,
But there is also the long night train dlc,
The dreadful crimes dlc, which is, for now, a ps4 exclusive
And there is soon supposed to be the last maharaja dlc. I think I readed somewhere it's supposed to be playable from march 1st.

And I think that's all the dlc there is or that I can remember for now. ^-^

SixKeys
02-22-2016, 05:08 AM
Which dlc do you have (by dlc I mean the ones with stories or places, not the ones that only give you weapon or other items)?

All the dlcs I remember there is are the followed :

In ac ii there is the oportunity to use Leonardo's flying machine in Forly.

Uhh, what? I don't remember this.

HDinHB
02-22-2016, 05:34 AM
Uhh, what? I don't remember this.

Yep. There was a trophy for kicking a guard while using the flying machine. In Venice, you only had the opportunity to do that during the mission, and since memories aren't replayable, if you missed it, you missed out. In Forli DLC, the flying machine is accessible outside of missions.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ExxeUxxOJfc

SixKeys
02-22-2016, 06:31 AM
Yep. There was a trophy for kicking a guard while using the flying machine. In Venice, you only had the opportunity to do that during the mission, and since memories aren't replayable, if you missed it, you missed out. In Forli DLC, the flying machine is accessible outside of missions.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ExxeUxxOJfc

Hmm, weird. I probably do have it since it's part of the Forli DLC (which was always included in the PC version), but I still don't really remember it. Guess I should play the game again.

VestigialLlama4
02-22-2016, 07:58 AM

Eb.

If you want Story DLC, these five would be essential

1) Tyranny of King Washington (made by the same team as Syndicate) - The most extensive in terms of story and content. / ASSASSIN'S CREED 3

2) Freedom Cry / BLACK FLAG - Almost as extensive as Tyranny DLC.

3) Jack the Ripper / SYNDICATE

4) The Da Vinci Disappearance./BROTHERHOOD

5) Bonfire of the Vanities. / ASSASSIN'S CREED 2

SixKeys
02-22-2016, 11:57 AM
If you want Story DLC, these five would be essential

1) Tyranny of King Washington (made by the same team as Syndicate) - The most extensive in terms of story and content. / ASSASSIN'S CREED 3

2) Freedom Cry / BLACK FLAG - Almost as extensive as Tyranny DLC.

3) Jack the Ripper / SYNDICATE

4) The Da Vinci Disappearance./BROTHERHOOD

5) Bonfire of the Vanities. / ASSASSIN'S CREED 2

I would put Bonfire at the top of the list. It was meant to be in the game, after all, and it's the only part in AC2 that shows any emotional maturing on Ezio's part.

dxsxhxcx
02-22-2016, 12:18 PM
the only DLC worth making this year is one introducing a new (playable) MD protagonist and it should be free of charge for obvious reasons. (not gonna happen though.. :nonchalance:)

VestigialLlama4
02-22-2016, 01:38 PM
I would put Bonfire at the top of the list. It was meant to be in the game, after all, and it's the only part in AC2 that shows any emotional maturing on Ezio's part.

Well I only put it at the bottom for the fact that its not true-DLC, i.e. new content created separately with different mechanics...its an excised portion of AC2 with dolled up assassination missions that artificially prolong it...to be honest, it does work pretty well. I mean I played the game on the GOTY release where it was re-inserted into the main campaign and it was incredibly satisfying to return to Florence. My only regret is that Savonarola is so incredible as a villain in his what, three scenes...that he should have been the main bad guy of AC2.

The other DLC are actual campaigns, with new maps, new kinds of enemies, new gameplay. The experimental potential of DLC...i.e. using existing assets and elements to tell a self-contained gameplay experience that nonetheless complements and builds on the main game and story...is very high and I think in general Ubisoft, with select exceptions (lost archive, Dead Kings, the PS3 exclusives) have done well with the AC games DLC.

Story DLC is in most cases a mug's game and I generally think that its something that will either die out for good...or take over. I.e. developers will release games in chunks of episode releases. That might happen if everybody's prognostications on the death of AAA games happens for real.

cawatrooper9
02-22-2016, 04:47 PM
I'd agree that this is the best and most essential DLC (because it's actually just a missing chunk of the original game), but I'd make sure to pair it with Battle of Forli- Bonfire is better, but BOF kind of leads directly into it.

SenpaiKuru
02-23-2016, 01:56 PM
I also think that since UBI is not planning on releasing a new AC game this year (which is a good thing, they should take their time to make a great game), they should expand the currently still very popular AC Syndicate with DLCs. I know I will buy them :)

Jessigirl2013
02-23-2016, 03:16 PM

Its hilarious how many reviewers I have seen call it Rouge.:rolleyes:

Bipolar Matt
02-23-2016, 06:27 PM
Before I switched to Playstation, I played AC3 on the XBox. When TOKW came out, it felt like a gap with Benedict Arnold being the subject of the first chapter and not having the Arnold missions on XBox.

The AC2 story feels more complete with both pieces of DLC, for sure.

The Da Vinci Disappearance is a critical piece of the story.

One could argue that although it may not have been the most fun to play, the Lost Archive DLC for Revelations is also extremely critical story-wise. Maybe the most important one of all.

Freedom Cry is very important too. It sets up the Precursor box narrative.

cawatrooper9
02-23-2016, 07:31 PM
Freedom Cry is very important too. It sets up the Precursor box narrative.
Well... sort of.
Embers really set up that story, I believe. FC was just the first game to include it.

Though to be honest, we'll see if that ends up going anywhere anyway.

Still, FC is a pretty solid piece of DLC.

I-Like-Pie45
02-23-2016, 07:41 PM
the only DLC worth making this year is one introducing a new (playable) MD protagonist and it should be free of charge for obvious reasons. (not gonna happen though.. :nonchalance:)

Freedom isn't free. :mad:

cawatrooper9
02-24-2016, 05:42 PM

I fail to see why a company would make their product free simply because you demand it, but whatevs.

RVSage
02-24-2016, 11:54 PM
Hmm, weird. I probably do have it since it's part of the Forli DLC (which was always included in the PC version), but I still don't really remember it. Guess I should play the game again.

I played on PC too. I can confirm it was there , You have a reason to play again certainly

Locopells
02-25-2016, 12:45 AM
Yep. it's on the tower in the very north-east.

Jessigirl2013
02-26-2016, 08:51 PM

I never realised it was DLC as I have the PC version,
I just saw it as an icon on the map at the top of the tower:rolleyes:

From what I remember though it wasn't a mission though, It just allowed me to use the flying machine.:rolleyes: Unless my mission bugged out.:rolleyes:

cawatrooper9
02-26-2016, 09:24 PM
I never realised it was DLC as I have the PC version,
I just saw it as an icon on the map at the top of the tower:rolleyes:

From what I remember though it wasn't a mission though, It just allowed me to use the flying machine.:rolleyes: Unless my mission bugged out.:rolleyes:

Right, it was just a free flight mode with the flying machine. It's just an easier way to get the achievement associated with it, so you can focus on simply arriving at the destination earlier in the campaign in Venice.

Jessigirl2013
02-26-2016, 11:38 PM
Right, it was just a free flight mode with the flying machine. It's just an easier way to get the achievement associated with it, so you can focus on simply arriving at the destination earlier in the campaign in Venice.

Ahhh ok, Thanks for clearing that up I was curious.:cool:

eaton
03-01-2016, 03:42 AM
without butchering the name or looking it up, when is the new Syndicate DLC coming, I saw the live stream, and it looks fun. I heard this week, but when , and what systems when.. etc. etc.

I need sleep, too many side missions.

Jessigirl2013
03-01-2016, 08:48 PM
without butchering the name or looking it up, when is the new Syndicate DLC coming, I saw the live stream, and it looks fun. I heard this week, but when , and what systems when.. etc. etc.

I need sleep, too many side missions.

Haha,
The Last Maharaja DLC is out now!:rolleyes:

Sleep can wait, the side missions need you!:cool: