PDA

View Full Version : DeviceLink Autopilot. Anybody interested?

Zanusi
07-31-2004, 08:57 AM
I have made an autopilot. Mostly to compesate for my crappy flight gear. I use it on long idle flights and when I want to arive to a target from a different direction or a different hight then the built in autopilot.

It is also great for level boming. just enter altitude direction and speed, and when you see the target through the bombsight you make some adjustments in the autopilot (it is acurate down to a single degree) adjust the sight and wait.... It is a little like cheating I know but you try my joystick and you use it to.

So I wonder if there is any interest in a real version? Or if i shouldn't care and continue to use my test version.

Zanusi
07-31-2004, 08:57 AM
I have made an autopilot. Mostly to compesate for my crappy flight gear. I use it on long idle flights and when I want to arive to a target from a different direction or a different hight then the built in autopilot.

It is also great for level boming. just enter altitude direction and speed, and when you see the target through the bombsight you make some adjustments in the autopilot (it is acurate down to a single degree) adjust the sight and wait.... It is a little like cheating I know but you try my joystick and you use it to.

So I wonder if there is any interest in a real version? Or if i shouldn't care and continue to use my test version.

Zanusi
07-31-2004, 09:06 AM
I should mention that it has a drawback...
The autopilot requiers an dedecated computer to run...

So if you have onley one machine you can't use it.

I'm thinking of making one for my Ipaq... maybe....

LeadSpitter_
07-31-2004, 09:18 AM
while I like people having the ability of people being able to make custom console switchs trottles and joysticks. I dont think its work it.

You should see some of the programs people are making for onlineplay with the device link, ones that work online and show RPMs, OIL and Manifold pressure, ammount of G, fuels among other things.

I do look at them as a very unfair advantage being able to have a hud most others have no clue about and its a real advantage. I think the only way oleg could take away the unfair advantage is have a hud addes above the speedbar like they have. and the version they give the public works offline only while others made it work online.

http://img14.photobucket.com/albums/v43/leadspitter/LSIG1.gif

Zanusi
07-31-2004, 09:40 AM
I agree that DeviceLink hacks give you an unfare advantage. But I don't think the answer is to add a hud that is as unrealistic as the DL hacks but to have a server side switch so that the full real servers can deny users of DL.

I think that it must be done for Il2 to remain cheat free... or as cheat free as posible

------------------------------------------------

[Edit] I stand corected you can´t cheat with DeviceLink

[This message was edited by Zanusi on Sat July 31 2004 at 01:11 PM.]

tHeBaLrOgRoCkS
07-31-2004, 12:08 PM
Device link as far as I recall does not work online. Only offline. Has this changed ?

http://img78.photobucket.com/albums/v323/tHeBaLrOgRoCkS/planes/signiture3.jpg

WWSensei
07-31-2004, 01:04 PM
It works online in a limited fashion BUT the server operator must turn it on.

If the server operator doesn't put the entries to the port in his config file then devicelink doesn't work. It being available is ENTIRELY under the control of the server operator.

The claims of "devicelink cheat" is just paranoia and people making such claims do so with little or no knowledge of how it works, what it can do and more importantly what it can't do.

Zanusi
07-31-2004, 02:06 PM
Soory for adding to the paranoia... I don't play online so I just asumed that the DL worked online because it is an interface to your localmachine.

I do agree that many things are said with out basic knowledge but on the other hand is the documentation not so good....

Is ther any better docs then the one that comes with the patch? If so where?

LeadSpitter_
07-31-2004, 03:29 PM
people saying they are running at 2793.52 rpms on comms looks like its working. I know a couple people who have "the programs" working online and see it work as well.

I think its a very unfair advantage.

http://img14.photobucket.com/albums/v43/leadspitter/LSIG1.gif

Jetbuff
07-31-2004, 09:52 PM
I'm content to let them focus on their little gauges, more chance of bouncing them! http://ubbxforums.ubi.com/images/smiley/35.gif

http://members.rogers.com/teemaz/sig.jpg

Zanusi
08-01-2004, 12:15 PM
I asume that nobody is interested in an autopilot since nobody said any thing about it...

So I keep using my test version.

BaldieJr
08-01-2004, 01:43 PM
I need to understand how it is possible to have an advantage by knowing your engines RPM to 2 decimal places.

JRH147
08-01-2004, 01:57 PM
Please let us know how to get this to work online...

Kannaksen_hanu
08-01-2004, 03:04 PM
Hi Zanusi! Sry I'm late, but I would be interested to try your autopilot. And also any other Devicelink software.

Zanusi
08-02-2004, 05:46 PM
Okiee I'l get to work then...

Does anybody has idea where i can publish it for DownLoading?

WWSensei
08-02-2004, 07:12 PM
If you want I'll be happy to throw it on my page. Just drop it to me via email at wwsensei at wingwalkers dot org.