PDA

View Full Version : What is counted as a fault?

onesimpleclik
02-21-2016, 12:05 PM
Why am I receiving faults, even when I complete a track in Multiplayer, without even faulting once?

Then other times I am faulting, but the faults aren't being counted?? This is completely counterintuitive.

Can someone please give me an answer as to why this is..

TheBlazeJp
02-21-2016, 08:37 PM
Why am I receiving faults, even when I complete a track in Multiplayer, without even faulting once?

Then other times I am faulting, but the faults aren't being counted?? This is completely counterintuitive.

Can someone please give me an answer as to why this is..

Sounds very strange, anychance you can provide a video clip showing this happen please

Chasm Flaps
02-22-2016, 03:48 AM
that happens when you've had too many beer ... been through that myself.

mtomato_
02-22-2016, 10:57 AM
Perhaps you misinterpreted the +19 points (as opposed to 20) you got when you won a race without a fault?
That happens when you're not the only one zero faulting the track.

onesimpleclik
02-27-2016, 08:11 AM
Sounds very strange, anychance you can provide a video clip showing this happen please

Perhaps you misinterpreted the +19 points (as opposed to 20 you got when you won a race without a fault?
That happens when you're not the only one zero faulting the track.

I wasn't able to get a video, but here is two photos I took from the same tournament, from two consecutive races.

I don't understand why completing a faultless run, doesn't give me 10 points. It makes no sense..

How does the fault counting system work? I'm just frustrated.

http://i.imgur.com/0mLhXWb.jpg http://i.imgur.com/G1WxpJH.jpg

Rishaanvb
02-27-2016, 12:36 PM
I wasn't able to get a video, but here is two photos I took from the same tournament, from two consecutive races.

I don't understand why completing a faultless run, doesn't give me 10 points. It makes no sense..

How does the fault counting system work? I'm just frustrated.

http://i.imgur.com/0mLhXWb.jpg http://i.imgur.com/G1WxpJH.jpg

Points for 'faults' are shared between players with the same amount of faults per race. So for finishing first you will get 10 points no matter what, 2nd place 8 points, BUT when 2 players have the same amount of faults the points will be shared between them.

I'm not sure about the following order, but I think it's something like this:
less faults than everyone else = 10 points
you and 1 player same amount of faults = 9 points
you and 2 other players same amount of faults = 8 points
you and 3 other players same amount of faults = 7 points
etc. etc.

i.e.: you get 1st place, so you will get 10 points, you have zero faults and the rest of the players have more faults than you: you will get 10 points for faults. If there is someone who has made the same amount of faults, for example you and player x have both made 1 fault and the rest made 2 or more faults you'll both get the same amount of points in the 'fault' category.

edit:

so reffering to your screenshots: Shivering isles: you have 10 points for time, because you were the fastest, but since you and everyone else made 0 faults, you get the same amount of points for 'faults' as the rest.

Same goes for 'gone clubbing' track, 3 out of 4 players get points because you all got 0 faults, but one person made more faults so he gets less points than the rest.

edit2: on a sidenote, I find it funny how AGENT H3X can make such amazing tracks but ends up being 4th place on Shivering Isles. :P

onesimpleclik
02-28-2016, 12:39 AM
so reffering to your screenshots: Shivering isles: you have 10 points for time, because you were the fastest, but since you and everyone else made 0 faults, you get the same amount of points for 'faults' as the rest.

Same goes for 'gone clubbing' track, 3 out of 4 players get points because you all got 0 faults, but one person made more faults so he gets less points than the rest.

edit2: on a sidenote, I find it funny how AGENT H3X can make such amazing tracks but ends up being 4th place on Shivering Isles. :P

thanks for explaining, i understand how it works now.

and H3X is normally quite a challenge haha, he must have been a bit off his game