PDA

View Full Version : [SPOILER ALERT] AC Rogue, question about plot

DaGengster
02-21-2016, 10:00 AM
So I recently started Rogue and as someone who really loved BF, I also really like this game's ship mechanics and its improvements upon BF.

But the plot, I just dont understand sometimes.

-After Shay trigger the earthquake, why does he immediately blame the assassins for it? Its not like the goal of the assassins was to trigger the earthquake. Yes, his mission given by the assassins destroyed an entire city, but its not like that was the intention.
-Also after he got shot and was picked up by George Monrio, why does George let him live? Its obvious he is an assassin and at that point, I dont see why he has any reason to believe Shay will betray the assassins. Why didnt George just kill him right away?

Can anyone shed some light on this?

Jessigirl2013
02-21-2016, 12:44 PM
He blames the assassins for meddling and seeking out the temples and artifacts even though they know they have caused the earthquakes, at the start adewale tells Achilles of a similar situation in Haiti.

George for some reason could tell he had an argument with the assassins and let him live. <---- This is the only plot whole Rogue has but its big...

Any other questions?

DaGengster
02-21-2016, 07:47 PM
Oh. Interesting.
I do find it humorous how both the assassins and templars desperately want the first civ items but dont know what they do or are for.
I dont know what it is, but I want it! Then proceeds to cause an earthquake and destroy an entire city :P
Grated, I think these are the first to actually cause a negative outcome of this scale and most of the other ones were actually beneficial

Locopells
02-22-2016, 12:55 AM
Yep, as Jessie says, Shay overhears a conversation (you should come across it when you first visit the homeland, if you follow Adewale and Achilles) that indicate that they were looking for something when the Haiti earthquake happened. Then, when he triggers the other one, he realises that the Assassins must have triggered the first one as well, so is determined to stop them triggering a third.

As to the second, George Monro pick Shay up floating off the coast of Davenport with a bullet in his back and clearly suspects what's happened, sensing an opportunity...

Jessigirl2013
02-23-2016, 01:48 PM
Oh. Interesting.
I do find it humorous how both the assassins and templars desperately want the first civ items but dont know what they do or are for.
I dont know what it is, but I want it! Then proceeds to cause an earthquake and destroy an entire city :P
Grated, I think these are the first to actually cause a negative outcome of this scale and most of the other ones were actually beneficial

Its not that the assassins want them, but they want to prevent the Templars from getting them and using them to control people.

TaylorBlakeH
02-23-2016, 05:01 PM
Its not that the assassins want them, but they want to prevent the Templars from getting them and using them to control people.

Precisely. Even though they don't know exactly what the artifacts are capable of, they know that they are powerful and they fear for their enemies to possess such power. There is a precedent though for what they can do.... The original Apple of Eden was used for mind control by the original mentor Al-Mualim and also by Ezio to replicate himself and also for mind control type uses as well.

wichking
02-23-2016, 06:13 PM
Col. Monroe even explains in the game why he didnt kill Shay since he asked the same question to him. And since Shay was shot and left behind he sensed that he had some problems with the Assassins so he tried to be convinced by it to hide his Templar link and see what a man Shay truelly is