PDA

View Full Version : IL2 taken up a notch for me

XyZspineZyX
09-25-2003, 02:43 AM
Just managed to get Track IR and 3D glasses working in game after having both for a while. Shame you can only use the glasses in DirectX not OpenGL, but small price to pay for the look of it now.

Man those cockpits are beautiful. So much detail I even found myself reaching out and putting my hand where the throttle lever looked like it was. Well done the modellers for putting in what is obviously some damm good work.
And what a game it is for me now. Can't hit a damm thing but it's sooooooooo good looking. If you get the chance to try them then fly down amongst the buildings in a city, it just takes my breath away.

112th Scavenger Squadron

XyZspineZyX
09-25-2003, 02:43 AM
Just managed to get Track IR and 3D glasses working in game after having both for a while. Shame you can only use the glasses in DirectX not OpenGL, but small price to pay for the look of it now.

Man those cockpits are beautiful. So much detail I even found myself reaching out and putting my hand where the throttle lever looked like it was. Well done the modellers for putting in what is obviously some damm good work.
And what a game it is for me now. Can't hit a damm thing but it's sooooooooo good looking. If you get the chance to try them then fly down amongst the buildings in a city, it just takes my breath away.

112th Scavenger Squadron

XyZspineZyX
09-25-2003, 02:45 AM
how did you get 3D glasses working with Fb .. thought they were incompatible ?

<center> http://groups.msn.com/_Secure/0SQDLAtUWiWZ3BKw19!aryp7v3C1h1DuNwpHOOuqhlraGSyMAY KiPEOZAA1OBgsLu*Sa0UQ2my0PiFyvNkJ5K7Clsoy7yNtEvOXY nHDuPNiotpZACY2oJxw/aircraftround.jpg </center>

XyZspineZyX
09-25-2003, 02:52 AM
You have to use DirectX as the graphics driver. Very slight loss of detail I think but works for me. I think I had to muck about with refresh rates as well.

I don't know if they are incompatible with certain cards, mines an ATI 9700pro.

112th Scavenger Squadron

XyZspineZyX
09-25-2003, 02:59 AM
I used them in IL2 but they crapped out after a while, so they didn't get the FB test. As you say, you can't hit a thing, but it is SOOOO immersive. By the way, the 3D angles are not an accident; you have to carefully program them in. If you do it wrong, only certain distances will look right, and you have to recalibrate for the others. I was amazed that Maddox went to the trouble. I've always thought the cockpit textures could have been a little better (the 3D is the best though, and the 3rd party ones have great extures), but I couldn't believe how the pits came to life with 3D glasses. The gunsights looked so menacing, and the crash pad so inadequate.