PDA

View Full Version : If AC ever reaches this state of DLC, I will slap my nan

pacmanate
02-17-2016, 04:06 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AiuK31oONus

What is this? Why does it exist?

You get 3 missions to play AS a Mammoth which is no different than you riding one in game. Although, it is, because its more restrictive as you ARE the Mammoth so that means no spears, no bow to use on it.

Waiting for the next DLC where you can play as a SabreTooth or an Owl.

I hope AC doesn't get to this stage.

crusader_prophet
02-17-2016, 04:14 PM
Pretty disgusting isn't it? You can do the same in FC4 with an elephant. And people support recycling.

pacmanate
02-17-2016, 04:17 PM
Pretty disgusting isn't it? You can do the same in FC4 with an elephant. And people support recycling.

Who even thought of this and how did it pass the stage of being a DLC idea? This is the biggest joke for a DLC I have ever seen and the Dislikes on the video just support it. Why would I want a more restrictive version of riding a Mammoth and then playing 3 missions where all I can do is Charge and Attack?

ze_topazio
02-17-2016, 04:18 PM
The occasional exception aside, DLCs in general are shyte.

Moultonborough
02-17-2016, 04:25 PM
I really have no idea why they went with this era to begin with. It makes no sense for a Far Cry game compared to the others. But anyway that DLC seems stupid as hell and last type of DLC in Assassin's Creed. But I guess I would rather DLC never existed in the first place.

m4r-k7
02-17-2016, 05:16 PM
This is pre-order DLC... AC does this stupid sh*t all the time with "3 exclusive missions" or whatever.

VoXngola
02-17-2016, 05:22 PM
These absolute madmen at Ubisoft, man.

pacmanate
02-17-2016, 05:31 PM
This is pre-order DLC... AC does this stupid sh*t all the time with "3 exclusive missions" or whatever.

Oh, I know what it is, i'm talking about quality.

cawatrooper9
02-17-2016, 05:32 PM

Yeah guys, we don't really have any room to talk.

We got the terrible ****ens/Darwin conspiracy. Woohoo.

m4r-k7
02-17-2016, 05:45 PM
Oh, I know what it is, i'm talking about quality.

Yeah, but what I mean is that this doesn't look any crapper than what AC offers. Its just Ubisoft and pre-order DLC unfortunately. I don't think any developer would put much effort in for pre-order exclusive stuff. Although, this will just be dumped into the season pass anyway.

HDinHB
02-17-2016, 06:23 PM
I can't watch your link (because America I guess), but PC Gamer describes it as:

The “Legend of the Mammoth” preorder bonus for Far Cry Primal is a series of three missions in which you drink the shaman's concoction, get super-duper high, and then become an “almighty mammoth”...

So you drink a magic potion to take a spirit journey and get animal powers? AC would never ever do anything like that. At least not for free.

AC DLC is rarely great or even very good, but the free/bonus/preorder DLC almost universally ranges from crap to not good at all. The exception is Syndicate's Dreadful Crimes DLC that is the best free DLC in the series and better than most of the paid DLC (I'm looking at you, Jack).

If you don't like the idea of a Far Cry game in prehistory, you certainly won't like a mammoth DLC. I'm not lining up to buy it either, but if they don't have Sabertooth and Owl DLC in the works, they are missing the boat.

Farlander1991
02-17-2016, 06:53 PM
The idea is actually pretty neat. Though if it's just mammoth mechanics without the rider and nothing additional then yeah, mechanically can be not that interesting, but if level design is used in creative ways then something good may come out of it.

ze_topazio
02-17-2016, 07:14 PM
I'm already imagining in 2017: "Pre-order now for the exclusive Tomb of Tutankhamun mission", "Pre-order on Gamestop for the exclusive The mirror of Nefertiti mission", "Pre-order now on McDonalds for the exclusive Armor of Ramesses II dlc item", "Enjoy the PS4 exclusive mission The ruins of Amarna", "Buy one pack of beer and retrieve the dlc code for the exclusive Robes of Moses item".

Sorrosyss
02-17-2016, 07:43 PM
Yeah guys, we don't really have any room to talk.

We got the terrible ****ens/Darwin conspiracy. Woohoo.

Yeah with a promotional trailer that was made with cutscenes from other parts of the game. Classy. :p

crusader_prophet
02-17-2016, 08:26 PM
Who even thought of this and how did it pass the stage of being a DLC idea? This is the biggest joke for a DLC I have ever seen and the Dislikes on the video just support it. Why would I want a more restrictive version of riding a Mammoth and then playing 3 missions where all I can do is Charge and Attack?

Wait till you "tame" the wildest animals in pre-historic age by pressing a square button and see a different cinematic instead of the one you see when skinning animals after hunting, and become a force to reckon with.

I cancelled my pre-order while ago.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CayCuorWcAAOwlH.jpg:large

Zafar1981
02-17-2016, 08:51 PM
CD project Red give 16 free DLC for Witcher 3. Witcher 3 is by itself nearly 200 hrs long game.

One paid DLC was of 10 hrs and the second coming in few months is 20 hrs long DLC with only 35.00 AUD.

Now 30 hrs DLC in half the price of any AC game and double the length of any AC game main story line.

This is called a DLC not the one stupid Ubi$oft selling which worth nothing more than a f**t.

HDinHB
02-18-2016, 02:44 AM
I'm already imagining in 2017: "Pre-order now for the exclusive Tomb of Tutankhamun mission", "Pre-order on Gamestop for the exclusive The mirror of Nefertiti mission", "Pre-order now on McDonalds for the exclusive Armor of Ramesses II dlc item", "Enjoy the PS4 exclusive mission The ruins of Amarna", "Buy one pack of beer and retrieve the dlc code for the exclusive Robes of Moses item".

Was it Unity or Black Flag that had DLC codes on shaving cream?

(I'm not opposed to weird promotional tie-ins. If making more money means Ubi could make better games, I'd be all for it.)

Ureh
02-18-2016, 02:51 AM
Was it Unity or Black Flag that had DLC codes on shaving cream?

(I'm not opposed to weird promotional tie-ins. If making more money means Ubi could make better games, I'd be all for it.)

Both of them, iirc. But they also gave people a chance to get the codes for free from a top secret site.

Can't remember what kind of promo event Unity did but Black Flag had that pretty neat booth at some of the cons that gave free shaves or something like that.

Calvarok
02-18-2016, 02:53 AM
it's a pre-order bonus. You should WANT pre-order bonuses to be bad, because then there's no incentive for you to pre-order, which is purely a disadvantage for you, since you have no idea if the game has some massive issue before it comes out.

and as far as AC, we've had plenty of pre-order bonuses for cosmetic items or insubstantial missions. It's GREAT! because it means I don't miss anything.

LoyalACFan
02-18-2016, 07:39 AM
I'll see your Legend of the Mammoth DLC and raise you one Chemical Revolution DLC.

I-Like-Pie45
02-18-2016, 09:24 AM
thats why you should only preorder games if they give you something cool like the soundtrack or an art book or something

HDinHB
02-19-2016, 04:55 AM
thats why you should only preorder games if they give you something cool like the soundtrack or an art book or something

Or a bearskin rug?

Anyone wanna wager whether Last Maharaja DLC >> Mammoth DLC?

Sesheenku
02-19-2016, 06:11 AM
**** I hardly buy their DLC now so I guess I wouldn't care.

Jessigirl2013
02-19-2016, 04:32 PM
Ugh...

I expect the LM DLC to be good as its the only gameplay we are getting for a year as there is no AC until 2017.
They wouldn't want it to be bad otherwise it just sets everyone up for a year of moaning about how awful the last DLC was, especially the press.

I expect they want to start the wait for AC 2017 on a high note so I'm expecting it to be good.

LoyalACFan
02-20-2016, 12:02 AM
Ugh...

I expect the LM DLC to be good as its the only gameplay we are getting for a year as there is no AC until 2017.
They wouldn't want it to be bad otherwise it just sets everyone up for a year of moaning about how awful the last DLC was, especially the press.

I expect they want to start the wait for AC 2017 on a high note so I'm expecting it to be good.

Nah, I doubt The Last Maharajah will be anything special. The fact that they're stealth-dropping it (seriously, I've seen literally no mention of it anywhere except on these forums) instead of marketing the crap out of it like they did with Jack the Ripper says a lot.

Jessigirl2013
02-20-2016, 02:07 PM
Nah, I doubt The Last Maharajah will be anything special. The fact that they're stealth-dropping it (seriously, I've seen literally no mention of it anywhere except on these forums) instead of marketing the crap out of it like they did with Jack the Ripper says a lot.

Perhaps they are delaying it.

LoyalACFan
02-20-2016, 09:54 PM
Perhaps they are delaying it.

Nope, it comes out next week I think. Rino is already advertising a live stream for it.

Plus, you have to figure, they aren't that concerned about taking a long break after a lame DLC because only a teeny tiny little fraction of the players actually buy the DLC, and typically those are the hardcore fans who are going to buy the next AC game Day 1, no questions asked.

Mr.Black24
02-21-2016, 04:27 AM
Why does your nan have to suffer from Ubisoft's misdeeds?

Anyway, TTOKW DLC was at least weighted with some neat things here and there, but it did contribute very little to his story. I mean most of what has happened, didn't really happen at all, and in the span of a few minutes. At least Dead Kings had some character development of Arno, and more contributions to the Brotherhood.

"But Connor threw away the Apple"

It seems that he was going to do it anyway, after the expression on his face when he saw the Apple. He must have known the dangers of it. Even still, perhaps like Altair, would have used it to gain some knowledge to help future generations.

But yeah, it would be shameful if Ubi went the same route with future games, even though they did with The ****ens Conspiracy.... what Conspiracy? There was nothing! Just some dude who wanted to make sure this woman wasn't fake for his money. They made it as if it was some huge mission set that would endanger both Charles Ds and perhaps all of London.

I'm excited for Primal honestly, first Far Cry game ever so it'd be a great experience for meh!:cool:

Ureh
02-21-2016, 07:25 AM
I'm excited for Primal honestly, first Far Cry game ever so it'd be a great experience for meh!:cool:

I hope it'll be my first Far Cry game too. The animal allies really got my interest.

As for the Mammoth DLC... I'm really cautious because I remember watching one of Tetra Ninja's vids on youtube - who was invited by Ubi to play the game - and he said that only the Owl has a "Vision" mission before you tame it. The White Wolf has a mission where we track it down. But for the rest we just walk up, with the right bait, to tame them. This Mammoth DLC looks like it was supposed to be another "Vision" quest. Maybe they originally intended for all of the pets to have their own vision mission.

edit:
A really cute montage of petting our furry friends:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h3mb_JR61RI

pacmanate
02-21-2016, 02:13 PM
Why does your nan have to suffer from Ubisoft's misdeeds?

Because its a cruel, unfair world!

Im also excited for Far Cry. It always draws me in due to locations. Storys suck but meh.

Also after 2 weeks im selling it off again at full price so I can buy the Division so win/win for me.