PDA

View Full Version : Error Code 2-0x00000042

r5_jamesray
02-17-2016, 12:45 AM
Hey guys. Ever since the latest patch I keep randomly getting disconnected in the middle of the game with the error code 42. What's it about?

jbavenell
02-17-2016, 11:34 AM
Hey guys. Ever since the latest patch I keep randomly getting disconnected in the middle of the game with the error code 42. What's it about?

I'm in exactly the same boat. Posted about it yesterday and got zero replies. Would at least like to know what that error code means please!

ocb_blacks
02-17-2016, 07:12 PM
Just to let you know, they don't have a clue what's happening. I had error code 41(live chat told me faulty Ethernet cable - I'm on wireless LOL) for 6 weeks straight (did not finish 1 game). Managed to buy a disk copy and it worked the past 3 days until this patch. Now I get this error code 42 every game. Do what I done and ask for a refund. This company is a JOKE. If an admin sees this please try view my ticket. I'd love for you to see the amount of time and money I've invested trying to solve YOUR issues !

Exevolt
02-17-2016, 09:19 PM
I and another friend are in the same boat and were both fed an equally large amount of BS by Ubisoft.

Seems they're more concerned with their failed E-Sports dream than fixing their game. Reminds me of the BF4 launch where every patch ****ed something else up or made it worse.

deeds1981
02-18-2016, 02:32 AM
What a complete and total joke, this is truly the first time I've ever experienced problem after f.ING problem. The worst part is after each patch it just get progressively worse!!!! Don't these geniuses test things before putting things out there?

D0p3ER
02-18-2016, 03:45 AM
I'm in the same limbo. :mad::mad::mad::mad:

IvanHelsing-
02-18-2016, 01:18 PM
Connection Failure
Connection to game server is lost.
Rainbow Six Siege error code [2-0x00000042]

This error started for me yesterday in the late afternoon (in Hours of Brazil). Coinciding with the beginning of the application of patch 2.1 for consoles.
I believe that this error may be linked to this update.
I'm definitely disappointed with the game. Please increase the testers team and remind them that the happy path does not test anything.:p

ESB_Mr.Charmy
02-18-2016, 01:42 PM

BUMP

I'm getting this error after the latest update, I never had this problem before as far as I remember. It's driving me nuts. I want to play this game, I want to love it, but you're making it very difficult, Ubisoft. Please, for the love of what's holy, fix this ASAP, or at least give us a hotfix if it takes too long to fix it for real.

Riversidian
02-18-2016, 02:31 PM
From the last 2 or 3 days I can't play a full match without getting this error (sbr, xbox one). I never played a game this bad before, even bf4 was less painful to play at the launch

Olav0
02-18-2016, 04:48 PM
Happening to me since yesterday too, couldn`t finish one game, always get disconnected and get error 2-0x00000042.

Server: sbr
Platform: PC

tayyin
02-19-2016, 01:36 AM
Same error code here.
Error 42 and "Lost Connection to Host" are my most seen and frustrating errors I encounter.
I think I finish 1/3 games I play.

I often play at home with a sibling on a different computer and notice these errors less when I'm solo'ing rather than playing together. Coincidence?
This is so ****ing frustrating. My ranked W/L ratio is horrid because of the constant disconnects.

I've never played an online game where there are these many problems/errors.
-CS:GO
-Hearthstone
-DoTA
-MMO's
ALL OF THEM PLAY JUST FINE ON MY COMPUTER/INTERNET CONNECTION

On the bright side, I don't get error 41 anymore. Perhaps they "fixed" error 41 and just renamed it 42 because they don't know how to fix their damn game, pretending it's a new problem.

The game is so fun when everything is going great, but when you disconnect mid-game, it just makes me want to uninstall this half-baked game.

MIKE-HATES-YOU
02-22-2016, 01:24 PM
Same error code here.
Error 42 and "Lost Connection to Host" are my most seen and frustrating errors I encounter.
I think I finish 1/3 games I play.

I often play at home with a sibling on a different computer and notice these errors less when I'm solo'ing rather than playing together. Coincidence?
This is so ****ing frustrating. My ranked W/L ratio is horrid because of the constant disconnects.

I've never played an online game where there are these many problems/errors.
-CS:GO
-Hearthstone
-DoTA
-MMO's
ALL OF THEM PLAY JUST FINE ON MY COMPUTER/INTERNET CONNECTION

On the bright side, I don't get error 41 anymore. Perhaps they "fixed" error 41 and just renamed it 42 because they don't know how to fix their damn game, pretending it's a new problem.

The game is so fun when everything is going great, but when you disconnect mid-game, it just makes me want to uninstall this half-baked game.

Same here bro. I hate to sound cliche' but the game is literally unplayable for me at this point. I get disconnected every single match, 100% of the time with Error Code 2-0x00000042 (http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1389543-Error-Code-2-0x00000042).

Has there been any work around yet? I have tried different gaming computers, different networks, VPN's, and a different router. The game played fine before 2.1. What the **** happened Ubisoft? Right now this is $60 of wasted hard drive space as I cannot even play it. This needs to be addressed and resolved ****ing ASAP

Arie11
02-23-2016, 05:13 AM
I have that error message, in my case, when awaiting to join a game, looking for players while looking for a ranked/casual match, that while awaiting, it basically times out.
My fix.....just disconnect your router, modem for few seconds (basically to reset your connection) and that is the fix for me.
Hope it helps.

Nero_73rd
02-27-2016, 02:46 PM
2-0x00000042 stated out of the blue 3 days ago - We need UBi to investigate asap - I have been playing since BETA and this (new to me) error makes the game useless. UBI please do something!

nartacus
02-28-2016, 10:47 PM
Same problem here. I've been playing for a few weeks now with no issue until yesterday I started getting Error Code 2-0x00000042. Can't play more than a few seconds of a round before it kicks me.

Ten24-Midnite
02-28-2016, 11:47 PM
Issues I've been seeing daily that are getting annoying. Basically spending more time looking for a game then actually playing.

Multiplayer 2-0x00000042, Expecially when in a squad of two or more
Terrorist hunt, Can't get into games on any skill level, extreme wait times. using small squad, any size squad while trying to enter pub,
Long wait times even playing single player pub terrorist hunt or multiplayer.
Repeat kicked to main screen constent
Squads do not stay together on kicks
Match making needs to be first priorty along with bugs, becuase a great game is going the way of COD, AND players are sick of it

nartacus
02-29-2016, 05:16 AM
Same problem here. I've been playing for a few weeks now with no issue until yesterday I started getting Error Code 2-0x00000042. Can't play more than a few seconds of a round before it kicks me.

I followed Ubisoft's open beta connectivity issues inscrutions: https://support.ubi.com/en-GB/FAQ/9/2559/connectivity-issues-in-rainbow-6-siege---open-beta-pc/kA030000000elKfCAI

and port forwarding fixed my error 42 problem:

If following the steps above to update and configure your firewall does not resolve the issue, it will be necessary to forward ports. You will need to forward these ports to your computerís IP address for the best possible connection:

Uplay PC:
TCP: 80, 443, 14000, 14008, 14020, 14021, 14022, 14023 and 14024.

Game Ports:
UDP: 3074 and 6015

Treebsquire
03-01-2016, 02:29 AM
Issues I've been seeing daily that are getting annoying. Basically spending more time looking for a game then actually playing.

Multiplayer 2-0x00000042, Expecially when in a squad of two or more
Terrorist hunt, Can't get into games on any skill level, extreme wait times. using small squad, any size squad while trying to enter pub,
Long wait times even playing single player pub terrorist hunt or multiplayer.
Repeat kicked to main screen constent
Squads do not stay together on kicks
Match making needs to be first priorty along with bugs, becuase a great game is going the way of COD, AND players are sick of it

I'm having a similar problem. If I play just a normal casual or ranked match, no problems at all. If I join a squad and a private game or try to play terrorist hunt, I get this message and booted out of the game. Extremely frustrating. I've followed all of the steps that ubi recommend (including opening ports)_ but the problem still persists. Raised a ticket with ubi for now.

MIKE-HATES-YOU
03-05-2016, 01:24 PM
This is still happening every single match. At this point I want a refund. How is this not fixed yet? It has been happening for almost a month now.

frozen_death_
03-06-2016, 06:00 PM
Bump
Still getting this error and its frustrating as hell. Please fix it.

Mays_on
03-06-2016, 09:00 PM
I look not alone. I was beginning to worry)
The first 3 games played in full, and then it started - Error - [2-0x00000042]

tayyin
03-08-2016, 03:59 AM
How is this error not even recognized by Ubisoft? What the ****?
Their main discussion page has the list of issues that they are aware of. Every time it has been updated in the past few weeks, this has not been added.
Piece of **** support

tayyin
03-10-2016, 01:37 AM
Another day goes by that Ubisoft fails to recognize this issue exists.

Polar_UK
03-11-2016, 01:25 AM
I am also having this problem for the last week after the patch. The game is completely unplayable because of it, even in single player mode.

I've also opened a ticket (or 2) with support, but with no response.

I want my money back. :mad:

Hap.Babiks
03-15-2016, 04:42 PM
if you guys using coaxial internet like me , my solution was re-crimping the coaxial cable that connected to your adsl modem,

today i had no more error code 2-0x00000042 everything was running smoothly

but if ur using fiber optics connection ... really sorry i dont know the best solution ... best of luck guys !! :cool::cool::cool:

MIKE-HATES-YOU
03-16-2016, 12:19 AM
Another day that I cannot play due to this error

iX-Chimera
03-16-2016, 12:50 PM

I'm having the exact same issue, I've stopped playing this game as much now, but yesterday I tried to play, basically every game i get into the first round and I will rubberband then DC from game with this error, it then reconnects to the servers and I repeat the process. I have no issues on my end and this is only a recent thing, please fix this ubisoft as this is a great game it would be a shame for it to be spoiled by all these issues.

UPDATE

Just tried again for the first time today, same issue halfway through first round game freezes, rubberbands then dc....

Polar_UK
03-16-2016, 05:21 PM
I still can't play the game because of this :-(

I was able to play using an entirely different internet connection with no problems, but back on my home connection (on the same ISP) I have pings of 5000, rubberbanding and removed from the game after about 30 seconds, even though the internet connection works fine with results of over 30Mbps in Speedtest.net. I've also forwarded the necessary ports for the game. No luck.

This is definitely a problem with the game since I was able to play from this connection before the latest patch.

Ubisoft, sort it out.

Polar_UK
03-16-2016, 05:31 PM
Also, Ubisoft have completely ignored my ticket, although they must have seen it since they closed my 2nd ticket for the reason "Duplicate Incident", even though the wording of the tickets is not the same. If there is no fix as of yet, they could at least let us know that they're working on it..

Yet again Ubisoft lets their customers down.

iX-Chimera
03-18-2016, 07:47 PM
still having the same issue; please fix this ubi or let us know you are looking into it, I am not the only one with this error and it has only started these past few days.

Arashenstein
03-19-2016, 07:21 PM
me too i keep getting disconnected after exactly 1 minute from any match.

sev.SiCaRiO
03-20-2016, 01:35 AM
the same thing begins to happen to me from today , i am considering that maybe i would be a good thing for ubi to at least give one answer to this thread to show that it have the same concern as us and we are not wondering by ourselves.

MIKE-HATES-YOU
03-21-2016, 12:44 PM
Its been over a month now and no word from Ubisoft.

Polar_UK
03-21-2016, 08:09 PM
the same thing begins to happen to me from today , i am considering that maybe i would be a good thing for ubi to at least give one answer to this thread to show that it have the same concern as us and we are not wondering by ourselves.
They don't care, they've got your money already and moved on to new projects.

Almost a month now I've been having this problem.

Still no response from Ubisoft.

Worst. Support. Ever.

https://pbs.twimg.com/profile_images/1452287916/CBG_TwitterThumbnail_7_1_400x400.jpg

sev.SiCaRiO
03-22-2016, 02:03 AM
They don't care, they've got your money already and moved on to new projects.

Almost a month now I've been having this problem.

Still no response from Ubisoft.

Worst. Support. Ever.

https://pbs.twimg.com/profile_images/1452287916/CBG_TwitterThumbnail_7_1_400x400.jpg
Guys i did every possible solution possible ( network , system , ... ) nothing worked , but after i verified the game it has been fixed , here i am not 100% sure if it was fixed because of game verification or the other things i have done but you give it a try.

MIKE-HATES-YOU
03-25-2016, 03:19 PM
Guys i did every possible solution possible ( network , system , ... ) nothing worked , but after i verified the game it has been fixed , here i am not 100% sure if it was fixed because of game verification or the other things i have done but you give it a try.

Tried this. Still no fix and no word from UBI

MIKE-HATES-YOU
03-25-2016, 09:59 PM
http://i.imgur.com/B6jG83c.png

Luca_94b
03-25-2016, 11:10 PM
My nat going from Open to Limited .-.

Tomoki116
03-28-2016, 12:52 PM
cant finish a single game since a month now, worst support ever...

GB Juggernaut
03-30-2016, 05:23 PM
They don't care about this, besides in esports. They seem to only care about the Division but even then they seem to not care enough cause I've heard of people still having issues in an MMO! I owned this game for three days and Haven't completed one online match, or even a situation without disconnecting. Yet I can play rocket league, BF4, and even Dark souls 1!!!! on my freaking Xbox one. Pathetic, is the simple and to quote Jim Sterling. "....Lying is iconic from Ubisoft." They lie that they care but don't. If yo can't do online games, then don't make them!!!! Stick to single player games without DRM, cause we "need it". Ubisoft, biggest liars next to EA. Congrats, you've earned it guys.

MIKE-HATES-YOU
04-04-2016, 08:24 PM
Post patch still not fixed. Kicked 2 rounds into a match.

TheWonderfulOne
04-06-2016, 02:24 AM
This has been happening on and off for months now. **** is ******ed and I'm sick of it. I've port forwarded, uninstalled and reinstalled, reseated ram, and bought a whole new cat 6 ethernet cable. What do I need to do to stop getting error code 42? Can't play online or solo terrorist hunt. ****ing crappy *** company!

MIKE-HATES-YOU
04-06-2016, 02:02 PM
This has been happening on and off for months now. **** is ******ed and I'm sick of it. I've port forwarded, uninstalled and reinstalled, reseated ram, and bought a whole new cat 6 ethernet cable. What do I need to do to stop getting error code 42? Can't play online or solo terrorist hunt. ****ing crappy *** company!

I have tried opening a ticket and tweeting at UBI support. I didn't want to believe it but it looks like they truly dont give a ****

d4rk_masterr
04-10-2016, 05:37 AM
I found the fix after many attempts and it is not internet related. I tried opening ports, changed e-thernet card, tried fixing drivers, did static ip, formated twice, once with windows 8.1 then tried windows 7. I brought the computer to my friend's house to test his internet and still same error. So we tried switching hardwares first with the hard drive did not help. Then we tried switching RAM and that solved the issue. So this is a hardware problem and not a software issue. I can't tell you if its only RAM related but it did solve my problem. I did my windows update and downloaded every drivers possible so that might of helped aswell.

Hope this helps you guys

MIKE-HATES-YOU
04-12-2016, 11:48 AM
I found a method that may work but the fact I even have to consider doing this just to play an online multiplayer game shows just how absolutely incompetent Ubisoft is. I have been using a VPN to route me to St.Lucia. I don't know why this works but it does. If I route to the US I still get the error code. If I got for St Lucia or Singapore it seems to work. I made it through 5 matches in a row without a disconnect which is the best I have had since they ****ed the game up in February. Ubisodt is absolutely worthless. I honestly cant believe just how ****ing terrible they are with online functionality.

Lunchir
04-20-2016, 02:21 PM
I have game more then few months and this problem is from when i get the game. I make ticket and good think how they read your tickets is that one that they dont read your ticket becuse i am PC player and they give me explanation how to fix (cmon is it that possible) for Xbox. I asked for payback and dont want to hear about that they say ask where you buy game to give you money back LOL.

I dont want to change ports etc what they want to try cmon i am not some expert for that and what game need that exp. this one ??

Maybe we need direct conection from server lets plug our cables direct and play lol.

Problem is becuse no1 read this before he want to buy game like me then you spend your money and need to read this tipe of posts.

I know i never buy something from UBI after this .

F******* UBI

Polar_UK
04-21-2016, 06:10 PM
Still can't play here either.

And after a month Ubisoft finally responded to my ticket, but of course their response was useless they just gave me a link to the Connectivity FAQ about port forwarding etc. even though I explicitly said I had already tried everything on that page. They must be taking the piss.

x19Leo93x
04-26-2016, 02:21 AM
Does anyone have it fixed?
I've bought the game a week ago and since then every single day I got those f****** errors all the time! I just can't finish a multiplayer game!
And it only happens in my house with the wi-fi conection! I tried to play at workplace and I did it for 4 hours without any problemn. When I'm at home, I try to use the Ethernet cable and the game doesn't show any trouble, it's only with my wifi conection! I tried everything, open NAT, checked firewall and all the other things they tell us to do but nothing of those things seems to work.
I've openned 4 tickets at the support (3 last week) and they still haven't replied, even the chat support (that is suppose to be opened 7 days in a week) are unnavailable!
Incridible how Ubisoft doesn't give a s*** about us :(
If anyone can help me I'll be very thankfull.
Note: Sorry about my english guys, I'm from Brazil and my english isn't that good. Thanks everyone!

NathanK32
10-20-2016, 06:57 AM
Hi there,
Does anyone know what "error code 0x80070057" is?
I just bought my friend the starter edition on steam and he is struggling to get the game running on his PC.

Pls help me

Thx.