PDA

View Full Version : Forgot what happened in previous games

ACzeMiky
02-16-2016, 05:56 PM
Hi guys, can you help me remember what happened? I am playing Unity now but I forget a lot since it has been a while I played previous games.
I know Desmond dies in AC3 and that in AC4 they use his DNA and synchronize it with your computer or something like that. But what happened then? They just let you, a random employee, dig in an important "templar" things? Did you discover you are actually working for templars and did you help assassins? And what happened with your "presence" character in the end? Because you are obviously playing as another person in Unity's presence... And one last question. Why was John Standish helping assassins when he just wanted to "free" Juno? Thank you guys.

drgn-assassin4
02-16-2016, 07:07 PM
Replaying Unity myself, but I bought Rogue and still need to finish that one. So that is the only one I know that would be working for the Templars. Since I didn't get to finish Unity from my first run, I'm not up to date on the ending. I don't like to know until I find out in the game. For the Unity you are just and employee going back into the DNA of Arno.
Thinking on this, yes you would be an employee of each company since at the beginning of the last two games, you work for the assassins.
John Standish was probably trying to get close to the assassin group since they would have more on Juno. That would be the consequences of AC3. Desmond and the group worked more closely with the Juno and the other lady in the cave.
The assassin group would have to have more of the info and the Templars having the rest.
John probably was trying to get all of it.
More or less I may be wrong, hope it helps a little. Maybe someone here can give more of an input. Being not too new of the AC game playing, but not enough to really get all the background yet.
I am planning on playing from AC 2 then forward this year.
Have fun in Unity. It's nice to be able to go back and play to see things come together from Syndicate and going back a little.

Anykeyer
02-17-2016, 09:55 AM
Short recap of the last few games modern day events:
Nothing happened

Jessigirl2013
02-17-2016, 12:56 PM
Nothing happened

I second this.

Unity ending spoiler
you find the body for the sage and it doesn't matter. <---- Literally, this is the only MD info you get so savour it while you can

VoldR
02-18-2016, 11:03 AM
Feel free to have a MD marathon.

http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLCF9E0Sg9_ldgF3KZdBDt-7uCOADVjQX7

And be ur own judge if there's anything to be missed in the MD :)

TaylorBlakeH
02-18-2016, 07:50 PM
Nothing happened

LOL... Pretty much this....

BUT

Someone above said that in Unity you're another employee for Abstergo... This is not true. The Assassin's (in the modern day) are no trying to recruit people as "Initiates" with relevant DNA to people and places they need to study in the Animus to find information about artifacts, more sages, etc.... In Unity, you are an Assassin "initiate" who is being used by "bishop" (that new woman who's talking to you that I confused for Rebecca when I first played the game) to explore Arno's memories. There's other initiates as well (other players) which is why you have to go into the rifts and rescue them. Basically Ubisoft is trying to say, "YOU are the Desmond now" so every player is the modern day protagonist. Personally, I hate this approach and hardly understand our purpose in the animus anymore... But that's a summary of where they went with the story; nowhere.

Jessigirl2013
02-23-2016, 03:09 PM
LOL... Pretty much this....

BUT

Someone above said that in Unity you're another employee for Abstergo... This is not true. The Assassin's (in the modern day) are no trying to recruit people as "Initiates" with relevant DNA to people and places they need to study in the Animus to find information about artifacts, more sages, etc.... In Unity, you are an Assassin "initiate" who is being used by "bishop" (that new woman who's talking to you that I confused for Rebecca when I first played the game) to explore Arno's memories. There's other initiates as well (other players) which is why you have to go into the rifts and rescue them. Basically Ubisoft is trying to say, "YOU are the Desmond now" so every player is the modern day protagonist. Personally, I hate this approach and hardly understand our purpose in the animus anymore... But that's a summary of where they went with the story; nowhere.

Yeah,
Just to clarify they recruit users of the helix but not because they have relevant DNA.
The initiate in Unity is not related to Arno as they are just using the DNA profile they stole from abstergo entertainment.

Haha, Nice to see I wasn't the only person that thought bishop was Rebecca, I thought they changed her to make her look more attractive to fans:rolleyes:
Its odd how in Syndicate they didn't reveal bishops real name as Shaun doesn't use his code name.

I agree the whole "you are playing as you" idea is just BS and a lazy way to do MD with little effort.:mad:

TaylorBlakeH
02-23-2016, 04:43 PM
Yeah,
Just to clarify they recruit users of the helix but not because they have relevant DNA.
The initiate in Unity is not related to Arno as they are just using the DNA profile they stole from abstergo entertainment.

Haha, Nice to see I wasn't the only person that thought bishop was Rebecca, I thought they changed her to make her look more attractive to fans:rolleyes:
Its odd how in Syndicate they didn't reveal bishops real name as Shaun doesn't use his code name.

I agree the whole "you are playing as you" idea is just BS and a lazy way to do MD with little effort.:mad:

I still was disappointed at the lack of involvement and immersion in the modern day story of Syndicate, but at least it had relevance again and some interesting new characters.... That Russian Assassin is charming.... And sexy!! :o

I'd like to see them develop and actually give us interaction with them in future titles.