PDA

View Full Version : Assassin's Creed 3 Freezes and Crashes

dratyan
02-15-2016, 09:55 PM
Hello.

I've recently bought AC3 on Steam and I can't get it to work at all. Every time it will crash after leaving it open for ~2 minutes. I can just leave it alone, change settings or try to play: soon after it will freeze and stop responding. Only way to progress is press Ctrl-Alt-Del and end the process.

I've tried to run the game(both .exes) as administrator and in Windows Vista SP2 compatibility mode, verified the game's cache, disabled all possible Uplay and Steam functions(overlay, cloud sync, etc), forced Vsync and FXAA off on NVIDIA Control Panel. No changes. I only have one drive, C:, so that can't be an issue. Been trying fixes from PCGamingWiki and Steam forums for a while now to no avail.

I'm running Windows 7 x64 and have a GTX960, a i7 2550k and 8GB of RAM.

Thanks in advance.

Locopells
02-16-2016, 04:22 AM
Hmm, you got me there. Possibly a conflicting program (try shutting down everything else), a bad install (reinstall from scratch), or a peripheral problem (try unplugging any controllers, etc).

Other then that, only thing I can suggest is to try Ubi Support (click my sig) - make sure you tell them what you've already done, so you don't waste time...

dratyan
02-18-2016, 11:31 PM
Thanks for the reply.

I reinstalled the game and now it's working perfectly. I didn't want to at first because of having to spend another 14gb of my data cap, but I guess I had no choice if I wanted to play it.