PDA

View Full Version : Constructive Criticism

Engem
02-14-2016, 02:14 AM
I just picked up AC Syndicate for the second time and I just wanted to air a few minor grievances, one of which carries over from AC Unity. Hopefully this will help the AC team in their future works.

One: First and foremost, why in the world did you take away the ability to start a new game without having to delete your original and hard won data? You used to provide three slots for game saves and now it's just the one. I realize it's a minor thing but I, for one, am attached to my original first playthrough file. It was the first, the virgin experience, and now I am forced to delete it just to enjoy the game from the beginning. I don't understand it and I don't like it and I'm not the only one.

Two: In every preview and presentation leading up to AC Syndicate's release, it was presented as a Victorian London underworld version of Brotherhood. Build up a gang, control London's underworld, take back the city from the Templar menace, etc. Yet the reality is disappointing. Yes, we got to build up a gang. Yes, we got to take over the London underworld. But it's all superficial. You can't whistle for reinforcements, you can't recruit people into your gang or train them, you can't buy stores or property, you can't even dispatch your gang on mission or trade runs. You could have done so much better with making the whole "underworld boss" aspect of the game a reality more akin to Brotherhood, ACIII or Black Flag. The smuggling and black market opportunities alone!

Three: Last and least, in every picture, poster and sneak peek that I've seen, Jacob is shown favoring the sword cane. Yet it the game, he is clearly enamored with the kukri. It's a small thing but we, the players, notice these kinds of things and don't appreciate it when they diverge.

I hope the AC team finds these points helpful in their future endeavors.

Jessigirl2013
02-14-2016, 12:28 PM
1. The save slot issue was introduced with Unity, An issue they didn't want to fix. :mad:
2. The recruiting can get old quickly and IMO I always find it boring. You can train them though. I don't see gangs "owning" property:rolleyes:
3. I agree, it seems a quick change before launch. IMO I always thought it was odd they had a cane as its a rich person thing at that point in time. So I was glad they scrapped it.:rolleyes:

qmagnet
02-15-2016, 08:36 PM
I've always found apart from Brotherhood, the Creed is extremely useless and lazy. I mean, every other game no one does anything except you (the protagonist). This was massively apparent in Unity where the Assassins Council just sat on their hidden blades and ordered Arno to do the only things that ever got done.

For a storyline that claims there is a war between a two secret armies, the "good guys" really seem like a one man show.

Jessigirl2013
02-17-2016, 03:20 PM
I've always found apart from Brotherhood, the Creed is extremely useless and lazy. I mean, every other game no one does anything except you (the protagonist). This was massively apparent in Unity where the Assassins Council just sat on their hidden blades and ordered Arno to do the only things that ever got done.

For a storyline that claims there is a war between a two secret armies, the "good guys" really seem like a one man show.

I think its as the time periods are all points where the assassins are losing against the Templars, No one does anything because to them it seems like a futile endeavour.