PDA

View Full Version : Lost progress

TregoVex
02-10-2016, 07:38 PM
Hi, after almost everything done ive launched game and it start up from clean start. No save nothing. Is there anything to load old saves or its dead for good? Dont want to unlock everything again after XXX hours.

Corio68
02-10-2016, 08:26 PM
Me too, happened about an hour ago. Clean start

Jessigirl2013
02-12-2016, 12:49 PM
Hi,
Can you clarify, which games?

Hersir83
02-12-2016, 06:45 PM
Hi, The same happened to me as well despite the previous Uplay synchronisations... 2 days ago I opened a ticket, now the ticket is also lost.... I was at Level 8 and I have a Charing Cross edition of AC Syndicate that I activated on Uplay. Achievements are available.

Ubi-MoshiMoshi
02-15-2016, 12:23 PM
Hi Hersir83 welcome to the forums, we have no record of a ticket with this username, did you click through all FAQs and press the option right at the end to finally submit the ticket?

Thanks

Hersir83
02-16-2016, 08:57 PM
Hi, now I opened a ticket/question on the usual support website, now it's visible. Previously I opened ticket from the AC S's homepage which was quite hard to find and appearantly that one was the incorrect way. I hope you can solve the ticket that I opened just now. Thanks in advance!

Jessigirl2013
02-17-2016, 01:15 PM
Is cloud save enabled?

Hersir83
02-18-2016, 01:23 AM
Yes, I have always played with continuous automatic cloud saves connected to the Uplay server and there haven't been any problems with it so far. Btw. the ticket/question nr. is 02916321. Any idea or hint is appreciated from my side.

resania
02-25-2016, 04:17 PM
Was great to go back to Syndicate just to notice that all progress was wiped. Think I'm done with Ubisoft after this, I honestly feel sorry for the support team having to deal with the **** that's released.

I've so far:
* Had my account hacked and all info changed without so much as a confirmation email.
* Had to wait several days for a 20% discount code (an issue that's still not resolved after 9 months)
* Lost all the saved progress for syndicate
* Then there's the game launches (Watchdogs / Unity / FC4 comes to mind)

Honestly think the only thing Ubi isn't bad at is the customer support.

DarkDragonAC
02-25-2016, 07:27 PM
Could someone share a 100% save from game. I lost my progress too. Save is in savegames/yourpersonalnumber/1875

TaylorBlakeH
02-25-2016, 10:29 PM
Could someone share a 100% save from game. I lost my progress too. Save is in savegames/yourpersonalnumber/1875

This won't work unfortunately. Saves are tied to your Uplay account.

DarkDragonAC
02-26-2016, 01:00 AM
But it did work in Assassin's Creed II case, where someone uploaded save that included PS exlusive weapons.

TaylorBlakeH
02-26-2016, 05:53 AM
But it did work in Assassin's Creed II case, where someone uploaded save that included PS exlusive weapons.

Yes, and that was 8 years ago! Uplay and DRM has changed a lot. I think starting with Unity, game saves were tied to your Uplay account for cloud save purposes. Sharing won't work. And there's no known ways to modify a save to work with your account unless you REALLY know what you're doing. But I don't recommend that at all. Discussion of such things around here will get you banned. It doesn't matter that you PAID for the game.

Jessigirl2013
02-26-2016, 09:15 PM
Was great to go back to Syndicate just to notice that all progress was wiped. Think I'm done with Ubisoft after this, I honestly feel sorry for the support team having to deal with the **** that's released.

I've so far:
* Had my account hacked and all info changed without so much as a confirmation email.
* Had to wait several days for a 20% discount code (an issue that's still not resolved after 9 months)
* Lost all the saved progress for syndicate
* Then there's the game launches (Watchdogs / Unity / FC4 comes to mind)

Honestly think the only thing Ubi isn't bad at is the customer support.

Haha
I'm with you on the 20% discount code, that's a complete joke and has been for over a year.:mad:
I've used it many times and each time the code never gets emailed and I have to badger support to actually answer.:rolleyes:

Message me if you want and I can advise you how to get the code. <--- Surely the customer support isn't good if its been unresolved for 9 months...:rolleyes:

Hacked? To change your password they email you with a link to change the password so the only way you were hacked was if they knew your email and password. In which case that's your own fault.:rolleyes:

Jessigirl2013
02-26-2016, 09:18 PM
Yes, and that was 8 years ago! Uplay and DRM has changed a lot. I think starting with Unity, game saves were tied to your Uplay account for cloud save purposes. Sharing won't work. And there's no known ways to modify a save to work with your account unless you REALLY know what you're doing. But I don't recommend that at all. Discussion of such things around here will get you banned. It doesn't matter that you PAID for the game.

Cant you just copy and paste the files?:rolleyes:

In the save file location that is.:cool:

TaylorBlakeH
02-26-2016, 10:16 PM
Cant you just copy and paste the files?:rolleyes:

In the save file location that is.:cool:

It won't work. The save files are tied to your Uplay account and authentication token when logging into Uplay. If those don't match, then the game says the save is corrupt and won't load.

You'll notice that in.... Let's say "redistributed" versions of Uplay games, the seeders account name is often the player's name in the game session.

Jessigirl2013
02-26-2016, 11:12 PM
It won't work. The save files are tied to your Uplay account and authentication token when logging into Uplay. If those don't match, then the game says the save is corrupt and won't load.

You'll notice that in.... Let's say "redistributed" versions of Uplay games, the seeders account name is often the player's name in the game session.

Haha..

Any idea when it stopped working?

Lostin_77
02-27-2016, 03:13 PM
I just discovered that my progression of a previously completed campaign has been LOST (reseted ??) and the only option is to STart all over again from the begining :mad:
I opened a ticket and i'm now waiting for their answer.
It's simply unacceptable for Ubisoft to make these huge mistakes and disrespect our valuable spent time in their games. :(:(:(
As i said, waiting for a proper answer............................................ ......................

TaylorBlakeH
02-27-2016, 07:39 PM
Haha..

Any idea when it stopped working?

I know that starting with Unity, your user name from Uplay was input into the game itself, as you can see it at the top near your health and rank status. I'm assuming this because multiplayer was directly integrated into the main game. But they have kept this trend since. Now I'm sure there's a way to modify the file with a hex editor and make it work, but I couldn't possibly comment on such a thing on Ubisoft forums! Nor would I dare ;)

Jessigirl2013
02-27-2016, 08:03 PM
I just discovered that my progression of a previously completed campaign has been LOST (reseted ??) and the only option is to STart all over again from the begining :mad:
I opened a ticket and i'm now waiting for their answer.
It's simply unacceptable for Ubisoft to make these huge mistakes and disrespect our valuable spent time in their games. :(:(:(
As i said, waiting for a proper answer............................................ ......................

Did you lose seventy percent progress by any chance.:rolleyes:

I know that starting with Unity, your user name from Uplay was input into the game itself, as you can see it at the top near your health and rank status. I'm assuming this because multiplayer was directly integrated into the main game. But they have kept this trend since. Now I'm sure there's a way to modify the file with a hex editor and make it work, but I couldn't possibly comment on such a thing on Ubisoft forums! Nor would I dare ;)

I'm so glad they got rid of that in Syndicate, My main gripe with Unity was the fact the HUD always seemed so cluttered.
I understand for it showing while your playing co-op but why does it need to display my Uplay ID all the time. :rolleyes:

Haha yeah... probably best not to talk that.:cool:

YazX_
02-29-2016, 02:30 PM
Yes, and that was 8 years ago! Uplay and DRM has changed a lot. I think starting with Unity, game saves were tied to your Uplay account for cloud save purposes. Sharing won't work..

it started with AC4 and it affected AC3 as well.

Lostin_77
03-02-2016, 09:44 AM
Just for the record i haven't got any (AT ALL) answer for the entire lost of my progression.After two more additionally tickets still NO ANSWER. Great Company Ubisoft. Reliable.... :(

Jessigirl2013
03-02-2016, 09:01 PM
Just for the record i haven't got any (AT ALL) answer for the entire lost of my progression.After two more additionally tickets still NO ANSWER. Great Company Ubisoft. Reliable.... :(

You didn't answer my question.:rolleyes:

Lostin_77
03-03-2016, 01:52 AM
No Jessigirl i didn't, because i don't have the funny (or sarcastic) mood you have about this. 100% loss despite of my Nickname says... :)

PS. Still waiting.Not a single answer !

Jessigirl2013
03-05-2016, 12:45 PM
No Jessigirl i didn't, because i don't have the funny (or sarcastic) mood you have about this. 100% loss despite of my Nickname says... :)

PS. Still waiting.Not a single answer !

I know its annoying, I had this issue with Unity.

But there comes a point where you have to stop complaining and just get back to the sequence you were in and just play the game.:rolleyes:

If your cloud save was overwritten what can you expect UBI to do?

Lostin_77
03-07-2016, 01:12 PM
I'm expecting to ANSWER me at least. NOT HIDING.It's a shame for a huge company as Ubisoft don't bother to answer to a very KNOWN (and VERY annoying,as you say) problem that involve so many users-players-clients.I'm not the only one who happened.You had the same issue.And said what to you?
What 's the use of the cloud saving then?I thought it was because of an extra saving space (or extra security for players if you want) in case of a critical failure in our hardware (eg. HDD).At least give us the option to choose where to save our spending time.
Just imagine someone spending 2-3 months with little free time playing the game, reaching half of the campaign and all of a sudden the next time he decides to continue playing his favor game, will face the Start New Game option ONLY available! Just because!
And there is NOONE to tell him what happened.In my humble opinion this is faaaaaaar more disturbing from just annoying.
I was "lucky" enough to complete the story (with the majority of the side missions).

PS.: I decided to bring back my original nickname due to your humor :rolleyes:. Thanks Jessigirl
PS.: ....and still no answer from the headquarter....... :(

Jessigirl2013
03-11-2016, 08:01 PM
I'm expecting to ANSWER me at least. NOT HIDING.It's a shame for a huge company as Ubisoft don't bother to answer to a very KNOWN (and VERY annoying,as you say) problem that involve so many users-players-clients.I'm not the only one who happened.You had the same issue.And said what to you?
What 's the use of the cloud saving then?I thought it was because of an extra saving space (or extra security for players if you want) in case of a critical failure in our hardware (eg. HDD).At least give us the option to choose where to save our spending time.
Just imagine someone spending 2-3 months with little free time playing the game, reaching half of the campaign and all of a sudden the next time he decides to continue playing his favor game, will face the Start New Game option ONLY available! Just because!
And there is NOONE to tell him what happened.In my humble opinion this is faaaaaaar more disturbing from just annoying.
I was "lucky" enough to complete the story (with the majority of the side missions).

PS.: I decided to bring back my original nickname due to your humor :rolleyes:. Thanks Jessigirl
PS.: ....and still no answer from the headquarter....... :(

UBI support gets TONS of tickets every day sometimes they get overlooked or assume the issue has been solved, Did you ever update your ticket?
The cloud save is a convenience feature but its not without it faults, there a save backup tool on the forums which will backup your saves in case the cloud save messes up.

Haha, There was no need to change your name over:rolleyes: it.

Hersir83
03-14-2016, 01:48 PM
UBI support gets TONS of tickets every day sometimes they get overlooked or assume the issue has been solved, Did you ever update your ticket?
The cloud save is a convenience feature but its not without it faults, there a save backup tool on the forums which will backup your saves in case the cloud save messes up.

Haha, There was no need to change your name over:rolleyes: it.

Jessigirl, correct me if I'm wrong but the final conclusion of this whole thread is that Ubisoft and their Support Team is unable to retrieve our save data after the cloud messes it up? There are no periodical save backup files stored in the cloud, which means that the cloud itself is useless in this case...??
Personally I also checked my harddisk's save files and all of them were new game starting files.
You also wrote "UBI support gets TONS of tickets every day" but this seems to be their own fault. If they just had a stable, working Uplay, they would have also less tickets to check...

I'm disappointed, because replaying 60% of the game from the start where I already know the previously played storyline, what will happen to the characters in the next minutes, hours, this gonna be boring and annoying... although I originally enjoyed it very much till the cloud messed up my data.
Eg. if I have a brilliant book to read and I almost finished it and somebody says, that I should restart the book from the very beginning, I will need to ask him: are you kidding? But in that case Ubisoft is not kidding, they are just unable to solve issues caused by themselves.

Jessigirl2013
03-14-2016, 07:35 PM
Jessigirl, correct me if I'm wrong but the final conclusion of this whole thread is that Ubisoft and their Support Team is unable to retrieve our save data after the cloud messes it up? There are no periodical save backup files stored in the cloud, which means that the cloud itself is useless in this case...??
Personally I also checked my harddisk's save files and all of them were new game starting files.
You also wrote "UBI support gets TONS of tickets every day" but this seems to be their own fault. If they just had a stable, working Uplay, they would have also less tickets to check...

I'm disappointed, because replaying 60% of the game from the start where I already know the previously played storyline, what will happen to the characters in the next minutes, hours, this gonna be boring and annoying... although I originally enjoyed it very much till the cloud messed up my data.
Eg. if I have a brilliant book to read and I almost finished it and somebody says, that I should restart the book from the very beginning, I will need to ask him: are you kidding? But in that case Ubisoft is not kidding, they are just unable to solve issues caused by themselves.

Nothings stopping you from disabling cloud save and backing up your save files yourself, its a convenience to have it enabled but like anything it can go wrong.
Its why a lot of people have it enabled and auto backup in times like this, I recommend you do the same to prevent this happening again.

This isn't me defending them as if I were you I would probably be doing the exactly the same thing, but someone has to be the voice of reason.;)

Lostin_77
03-14-2016, 08:18 PM
Yes Jessi,

i'm updating my opened ticket periodically asking for any answer, but still haven't got any :( and i totally agree with Hersir83...
YOU answered me TONS more times from them.And you weren't even obligated for this and thanks for this any way...

Jessigirl2013
03-15-2016, 12:38 PM
Yes Jessi,

i'm updating my opened ticket periodically asking for any answer, but still haven't got any :( and i totally agree with Hersir83...
YOU answered me TONS more times from them.And you weren't even obligated for this and thanks for this any way...

Good luck on getting an answer.
But just enjoy Syndicate, Its TONS better than Unity and the MD story may actually be moving on for once...:rolleyes:

No problem, I know when you have an issue with a game nothing is more annoying than getting no communicate from anyone.
Shame I cant sort your problem out, UBI need to sort the whole cloud-save issue out and enable it for BF.

Hersir83
03-15-2016, 06:22 PM
Nothings stopping you from disabling cloud save and backing up your save files yourself, its a convenience to have it enabled but like anything it can go wrong.
Its why a lot of people have it enabled and auto backup in times like this, I recommend you do the same to prevent this happening again.

This isn't me defending them as if I were you I would probably be doing the exactly the same thing, but someone has to be the voice of reason.;)

Jessi, if I just had known in advance that Ubi will loose my cloud save data and won't be able to retrieve it, yes, in that case I would have saved manually my progress. But nobody told me previously that this can happen and the cloud will be useless.
But basically your hint is only a usefull option for the future and no solution for our original problem.
However as I see we won't be able to get back what was lost and there's no real point in writing further sentences from my side. Now I just need to say thanks to YOU that somebody at least listened to us and sent feedbacks and for having tried to keep up the good mood with the compulsory smileys is each and every reply you sent. I will put now my ACS aside for a longer time and hope that my game memories in my head will fade away and in certain time I will be able to enjoy the game again... :nonchalance:

Going4Quests
03-15-2016, 08:14 PM
I lost my Brotherhood save also somehow by installing it on my laptop next to pc.. my no save on laptop overwrote somehow my cloud XD.. Oh well, whenever I have time I'll replay Brotherhood from scratch.. it's a good game. :)

Jessigirl2013
03-16-2016, 09:40 PM
Jessi, if I just had known in advance that Ubi will loose my cloud save data and won't be able to retrieve it, yes, in that case I would have saved manually my progress. But nobody told me previously that this can happen and the cloud will be useless.
But basically your hint is only a usefull option for the future and no solution for our original problem.
However as I see we won't be able to get back what was lost and there's no real point in writing further sentences from my side. Now I just need to say thanks to YOU that somebody at least listened to us and sent feedbacks and for having tried to keep up the good mood with the compulsory smileys is each and every reply you sent. I will put now my ACS aside for a longer time and hope that my game memories in my head will fade away and in certain time I will be able to enjoy the game again... :nonchalance:
No cloud storage is completely safe.
Nothings stopping things from going wrong and overwriting old game save data.:rolleyes:
Syndicates a good game, take the opportunity to play and get the optional objectives or go about the missions in a different way.

I lost my Brotherhood save also somehow by installing it on my laptop next to pc.. my no save on laptop overwrote somehow my cloud XD.. Oh well, whenever I have time I'll replay Brotherhood from scratch.. it's a good game. :)
I've got to go back and replay BH, I loved how it just continued ACIIs story.:rolleyes: