PDA

View Full Version : Will never purchase another Ubisoft game.

Odhinson
02-10-2016, 12:01 PM
I decided to pick up Assassin's Creed game that was on sale. AC4BFSP.exe has stopped working. Unable to start the game. It's not on me to fix your **** to run a game that I pay for. You fix your own ****. I will never purchase another game from you.

Ubi-MoshiMoshi
02-10-2016, 12:17 PM
Hi TheRealHvitulf and welcome to the forums, have you opened a ticket with Technical Support? https://support.ubi.com

If not, please do so as they can troubleshoot this for you. Please include a DxDiag report and MS info.

Thanks

DynaRider
02-10-2016, 08:44 PM
Hello Real. I don't know what your level of expertise or experience is but you should be aware that doing anything on a computer may invoke a myriad of different and frustrating errors and problems. Think about how many different video cards there are, how many different motherboards, cpu's and combinations of these and then imagine trying to code a program that will work flawlessly on all of them. Hardware manufacturers all have their own drivers, BIOS/UEFI's and it is quite amazing that computers work as well as they do. I have a new computer build with a Skylake CPU, 980TI video card and top of the line ASUS motherboard and I run into occasional glitches playing AC Syndicate. The internet is littered with forums and posts from users having problems with games and utilities on their computers. It's frustrating and I wish it were not so but dealing with these situations is a daily fact of life and companies such as UBISOFT have to respond with patches as best they can. Threatening to never buy another UBISOFT game will only deprive you of hours of entertainment. As Moshi said open a ticket with support to see if there is a fix or work around for your problem. Don't give up.

TaylorBlakeH
02-10-2016, 09:43 PM
Hello Real. I don't know what your level of expertise or experience is but you should be aware that doing anything on a computer may invoke a myriad of different and frustrating errors and problems. Think about how many different video cards there are, how many different motherboards, cpu's and combinations of these and then imagine trying to code a program that will work flawlessly on all of them. Hardware manufacturers all have their own drivers, BIOS/UEFI's and it is quite amazing that computers work as well as they do. I have a new computer build with a Skylake CPU, 980TI video card and top of the line ASUS motherboard and I run into occasional glitches playing AC Syndicate. The internet is littered with forums and posts from users having problems with games and utilities on their computers. It's frustrating and I wish it were not so but dealing with these situations is a daily fact of life and companies such as UBISOFT have to respond with patches as best they can. Threatening to never buy another UBISOFT game will only deprive you of hours of entertainment. As Moshi said open a ticket with support to see if there is a fix or work around for your problem. Don't give up.

I understand the very basis of your point, but to that end, I ultimately disagree.... Despite the wide variety of hardware out there on PC's and the lack of "console standardization", all of the hardware is written to work with the EXACT same API's and instructions, that is the X86_x64 architecture and DirectX or OpenGL. Sure, the GTX 960 might run into a bug interacting with the DirectX11 API that the 970 and 980 do not, but it's up to the hardware manufacturer, in this case, NVIDIA to fix it, which they almost always do. So Ubisoft has to write a game to work with DirectX; beyond that, they don't have to write drivers for the hardware that receives DirectX instructions. The hardware manufacturers do. And their capacity to respond to and address these issues rarely leave anything to be desired, unlike Ubisoft's programming.

If the lack of hardware standardization on the PC platform is too much for developers to comprehend or to control and therefore develop a worthwhile and stable product for, then the developer shouldn't try to release anything at all on that platform; just scrap it altogether instead of trying to milk money out of customers for a broken game. If those users really wanted to play a title that badly and it wasn't available on PC, then they would either buy or rent or simply borrow a console to play it one way or the other. So trying to advertise a working game for PC when it works 50% or less is deceitful and just a ploy to make more money from sales without obligation to back their product up. Ubisoft has released THREE patches in three months, and yet GAME BREAKING bugs still exist, EVEN ON CONSOLES and yet no newer patches have been released to address them. The poor attention to optimization/stability detail that Ubisoft pays is NOT a PC issue.... It's a development issue altogether because users on console are experiencing many of the same critical glitches that users on PC are. You can't blame that on lack of hardware standardization....

Another example, SLI support in the PC version.... Ubisoft didn't have to include SLI support in Syndicate if they didn't want to. But they chose to (or at least try to) and more than that, they explicitly advertised its support in the technical specifications of the game and it's been broken since release date, and reported by MANY of us since then as well and it has gotten ZERO attention or response, much less a fix. You portray Ubisoft as "hard at work trying to support patches for all of these difficult combinations of hardware" but they haven't even given us SLI users so much as a reassuring "we're going to fix this issue soon" response. That's apathy, and intentional ignorance. They ignore their customers; not struggle to create patches for them.

If we keep putting blind faith in Ubisoft's "integrity" and continue to preorder games that we still can't even play properly for months after release, they'll keep releasing broken games. Boycotting their products right now seems to be the only way anyone could get their attention but it would take large numbers of people to do so. So I don't disagree with this guy for not wanting to buy anymore of their games, not until they change.

Odhinson
02-11-2016, 01:32 PM
I did, in fact, look for a solution to the problem. It's not like I just said there is a problem and I'm not dealing with it. It's when I started pulling up threads on this problem from over 4 years ago. It's a problem in the Ubisoft software that you have to log into to load the game. If they can't fix a problem that has been a known issue for this long and have not bothered to fix it then I don't want to buy their products.

naumaan
02-12-2016, 08:38 AM
Well, from the post and the look, you are pretty adamant on not buying anything from ubisoft, i had the same notion once when my pc was not able to handle ubisoft game, my pc required an upgrade and i was not ready to do so, so I started calling ubisoft games with bad names but does it matter when you have a pc which can play the games with ease, I have been buying almost all of the games till last year unity, i cannot handle other next gen games as my pc is not good enough, but it does not mean that its ubisoft's responsibility to buy a pc worth their game requirement, trust me, they are going to get millions of sales even if you dont buy the game.

Now on the game you are having touble, ac black flag is the most awesome and wonderful game there is to play, what are your system specs?

Jessigirl2013
02-12-2016, 12:36 PM
I did, in fact, look for a solution to the problem. It's not like I just said there is a problem and I'm not dealing with it. It's when I started pulling up threads on this problem from over 4 years ago. It's a problem in the Ubisoft software that you have to log into to load the game. If they can't fix a problem that has been a known issue for this long and have not bothered to fix it then I don't want to buy their products.

What's you specs?

Its probably a simple fix, but being angry wont solve anything:rolleyes:

What issue is it that you think you have Hvitulf?