PDA

View Full Version : Fraud, Securities fraud, and product defects

kingarthurivvi
02-10-2016, 08:51 AM
For gamers who are sick of being defrauded out of preorders, buggy/broken games, and Misleading E3 "Game Play" trailers, defective/malfunctioning games, or bad business practices.

Do not be a victim! You have power to stop this theft. Report these shenanigans to the FTC. The more people who file the more attention it will get. I will be posting in Any game that has mislead the public by committing securities fraud, Violated Fair Trade Laws, or have delivered broken products as final builds.

False, and deceptive advertisements will not be tolerated, neither will broken products, investor fraud, or false labeling of DRM functionality. These are all problems that have gone one for far too long in gaming and need to be noticed. Stand up today, and let your voice be heard. No petition will change anything, but going to the FTC will. Sega, and Sony has been brought to justice. It is time others do as well.

The industry is in a war with piracy, It is time consumers go to war for property rights, fair use, and honest products.

We Are Sick of getting ubishafted.

1-877-FTC-HELP

https://www.ftccomplaintassistant.gov/#&panel1-1

TaylorBlakeH
02-10-2016, 04:25 PM
For gamers who are sick of being defrauded out of preorders, buggy/broken games, and Misleading E3 "Game Play" trailers, defective/malfunctioning games, or bad business practices.

Do not be a victim! You have power to stop this theft. Report these shenanigans to the FTC. The more people who file the more attention it will get. I will be posting in Any game that has mislead the public by committing securities fraud, Violated Fair Trade Laws, or have delivered broken products as final builds.

False, and deceptive advertisements will not be tolerated, neither will broken products, investor fraud, or false labeling of DRM functionality. These are all problems that have gone one for far too long in gaming and need to be noticed. Stand up today, and let your voice be heard. No petition will change anything, but going to the FTC will. Sega, and Sony has been brought to justice. It is time others do as well.

The industry is in a war with piracy, It is time consumers go to war for property rights, fair use, and honest products.

We Are Sick of getting ubishafted.

1-877-FTC-HELP

https://www.ftccomplaintassistant.gov/#&panel1-1

Already ahead of you.... I filed one after being ignored for literally months by Ubisoft support about fixing the advertised SLI support in Assassin's Creed Syndicate. Even after threatening them with it and even filing it, they still didn't respond.

strigoi1958
02-10-2016, 06:57 PM
SLI support comes directly from Nvidia..... complaining to Ubi about SLI is like complaining to FORD about Dunlop tyres not being as good in the wet as they are in the car commercial. Better to go to Dunlop (Nvidia) and complain. SLI support has always been slow coming.... anyone who has used multiple gpu setups knows this and should understand that it will probably never change, SLI profiles usually appear after most people have moved on to the next game... better to have the best single gpu rather than 2 other gpu's. If we put ourselves in the minority by having an unusual set up then we have to accept that the majority will be looked after first before anyone else. If I decide to have a 7 monitor ultra widescreen display, it is no point me complaining that game makers do not offer 13440 x 1080 resolution. I would be choosing to be in the minority and although some programs and even some games might be able to use all or most monitors, it is not the game makers job to adapt the game to the needs of the individual. When SLI support is advertised it is because Nvidia tell them it will be available.

OP if you don't like to pre-order... don't pre-order. As for advertising.... ever seen a big mac that looks anything like the huge one on the advert that needs 2 hands to hold ? No! advertising is representation. I've never expected (or been foolish enough to think) any alpha footage is going to be what the final product will be. It is only that Alpha footage game play. No AAA game in the last few years has been released without some bugs, teething problems. Game makers are striving to bring us the absolute peak of gaming experience and that often means changing things through the development stage, adapting to newer technology and software while trying to keep compatibility with existing hardware. That is an impossible thing to do. As a long time gamer I expect these things and the little things do not bother me, some people have impossibly high standards and unrealistic expectations it is just perspective.

TaylorBlakeH
02-10-2016, 10:21 PM
SLI support comes directly from Nvidia..... complaining to Ubi about SLI is like complaining to FORD about Dunlop tyres not being as good in the wet as they are in the car commercial. Better to go to Dunlop (Nvidia) and complain. SLI support has always been slow coming.... anyone who has used multiple gpu setups knows this and should understand that it will probably never change, SLI profiles usually appear after most people have moved on to the next game... better to have the best single gpu rather than 2 other gpu's. If we put ourselves in the minority by having an unusual set up then we have to accept that the majority will be looked after first before anyone else. If I decide to have a 7 monitor ultra widescreen display, it is no point me complaining that game makers do not offer 13440 x 1080 resolution. I would be choosing to be in the minority and although some programs and even some games might be able to use all or most monitors, it is not the game makers job to adapt the game to the needs of the individual. When SLI support is advertised it is because Nvidia tell them it will be available.

OP if you don't like to pre-order... don't pre-order. As for advertising.... ever seen a big mac that looks anything like the huge one on the advert that needs 2 hands to hold ? No! advertising is representation. I've never expected (or been foolish enough to think) any alpha footage is going to be what the final product will be. It is only that Alpha footage game play. No AAA game in the last few years has been released without some bugs, teething problems. Game makers are striving to bring us the absolute peak of gaming experience and that often means changing things through the development stage, adapting to newer technology and software while trying to keep compatibility with existing hardware. That is an impossible thing to do. As a long time gamer I expect these things and the little things do not bother me, some people have impossibly high standards and unrealistic expectations it is just perspective.

Everything you say would be fine if Ubisoft didn't advertise in their very own game specs for this title: "Multi-GPU Support: Performance will scale if two or more cards are use". SLI support is not solely up to NVIDIA. The game engine has to be developed to handle it. And according to Ubisoft's advertised specs for Syndicate, they made their engine support it but this is not so. NVIDIA released two different driver updates containing updates to Syndicate's SLI profile and the issue still remains. They've even stated that it's Ubisoft's issue. Also, why would the developers of Arkham Knight and Just Cause come out and finally state that "their game is not supporting SLI" if it were up to NVIDIA??? Dude you've just got it wrong in this case... Yes, SLI is NVIDIA tech (so is GameWorks) but it has to be implemented properly by the developers into the game engine.

If you try selecting crazy SLI profile options for Syndicate, you see it does the same thing; scales only 50% on each card, causing a 0% improvement. This means the engine isn't handling the AFR properly, not the driver or profile which NVIDIA is responsible for. WHy are you apologizing for Ubisoft?

Why is it unreasonable for me to be upset if I pre-ordered a game because they stated beforehand explicitly in spec that my SLI setup would be supported and then three months after release, it still isn't supported? We're not talking about a Big Mac not looking identical to a stock photo. We're talking about a Big Mac advertised to have an extra patty of meat when it does not. I'm not allowed to complain about that? Every time that we just say "tough, get used to it, we just can't expect things to work perfectly" the world gets a little crappier.... All because standards decrease.

I'm not irrational for buying a product because of an explicit advertised feature and being upset that that feature absolutely does not work at all. Worse than that, I've been ignored about it for three months since release date by support.

Also, "teething problems" are not what you attribute to 6 years of PC games full of the same kind of negligent bugs. "Teething" implies an early, short term period in which a new developer must learn more about developing a new type of game and doesn't have the experience of others to improve their optimization. This is NOT Ubisoft's first PC game or Assassin's Creed game, OR their first PC AND Assassin's Creed game!!

Jessigirl2013
02-12-2016, 06:46 PM
Everything you say would be fine if Ubisoft didn't advertise in their very own game specs for this title: "Multi-GPU Support: Performance will scale if two or more cards are use". SLI support is not solely up to NVIDIA. The game engine has to be developed to handle it. And according to Ubisoft's advertised specs for Syndicate, they made their engine support it but this is not so. NVIDIA released two different driver updates containing updates to Syndicate's SLI profile and the issue still remains. They've even stated that it's Ubisoft's issue. Also, why would the developers of Arkham Knight and Just Cause come out and finally state that "their game is not supporting SLI" if it were up to NVIDIA??? Dude you've just got it wrong in this case... Yes, SLI is NVIDIA tech (so is GameWorks) but it has to be implemented properly by the developers into the game engine.

If you try selecting crazy SLI profile options for Syndicate, you see it does the same thing; scales only 50% on each card, causing a 0% improvement. This means the engine isn't handling the AFR properly, not the driver or profile which NVIDIA is responsible for. WHy are you apologizing for Ubisoft?

Why is it unreasonable for me to be upset if I pre-ordered a game because they stated beforehand explicitly in spec that my SLI setup would be supported and then three months after release, it still isn't supported? We're not talking about a Big Mac not looking identical to a stock photo. We're talking about a Big Mac advertised to have an extra patty of meat when it does not. I'm not allowed to complain about that? Every time that we just say "tough, get used to it, we just can't expect things to work perfectly" the world gets a little crappier.... All because standards decrease.

I'm not irrational for buying a product because of an explicit advertised feature and being upset that that feature absolutely does not work at all. Worse than that, I've been ignored about it for three months since release date by support.

Also, "teething problems" are not what you attribute to 6 years of PC games full of the same kind of negligent bugs. "Teething" implies an early, short term period in which a new developer must learn more about developing a new type of game and doesn't have the experience of others to improve their optimization. This is NOT Ubisoft's first PC game or Assassin's Creed game, OR their first PC AND Assassin's Creed game!!

I agree although its not directly UBIs fault they aren't doing anything about an issue with THEIR game.

TaylorBlakeH
02-12-2016, 07:07 PM
I agree although its not directly UBIs fault they aren't doing anything about an issue with THEIR game.

Whose fault are you saying it is then? If it is Ubisoft's game, then isn't it Ubisoft's fault for not fixing their game?

If it were NVIDIA's fault for not releasing a working profile then i could understand. But it ins't in this case. All last year NVIDIA was campaigning for better driver support for big titles by releasing a "GameREady driver" just before every major release. They have done this very consistently and have been heavily involved from a driver support perspective. After Syndicate was released and everyone saw that the game was getting awful SLI scaling, NVIDIA released ANOTHER driver update specifically stating in the changelog that they tried to make an improvement to Syndicate's SLI profile. This did not fix the issue though because it wasn't a mater of the profile telling the application how to behave. It was an issue of the GAME ENGINE requesting the use or demand of available resources using AFR therefore there was nothing NVIDIA could do. This is why they then said "We are working with Ubisoft to resolve this issue" because it was up to Ubisoft to fix their game engine. NVIDIA would have released a fix or driver update to fix the SLI issues within three months time if there was ANYthing that they could do to fix the problem. You'll also notice that in their very own graphics and performance review guide they made for Syndicate, they had to, embarrassingly, report that on the highest settings of this game (in 1080p at that!), their flagship card, the 980 TI could not even maintain a stable 30 FPS.... This was after they announced ahead of the game's release that the 970 was the recommended card to play in 1080p at high settings and maintain 60 FPS, and the 980 recommended for 1440p. In their benchmarks, there were ZERO numbers on SLI configurations which you can guarantee they would have found a way to get in there to improve the numbers on their hardware if there was any way for them to have done so. The game engine was broken in regards to Multi-GPU scaling and that was the end of it so they were helpless.

I imagine that if this next patch DOES improve SLI as I've now been told it will by a CM, then you will see NVIDIA releasing a SLI profile update for Syndicate within DAYS to improve upon the performance once the game engine is fixed by Ubisoft. It is THEIR game and therefore THEIR issue, and, furthermore, THEIR FAULT (THEIR = UBISOFT)

Jessigirl2013
02-12-2016, 08:23 PM
Whose fault are you saying it is then? If it is Ubisoft's game, then isn't it Ubisoft's fault for not fixing their game?

If it were NVIDIA's fault for not releasing a working profile then i could understand. But it ins't in this case. All last year NVIDIA was campaigning for better driver support for big titles by releasing a "GameREady driver" just before every major release. They have done this very consistently and have been heavily involved from a driver support perspective. After Syndicate was released and everyone saw that the game was getting awful SLI scaling, NVIDIA released ANOTHER driver update specifically stating in the changelog that they tried to make an improvement to Syndicate's SLI profile. This did not fix the issue though because it wasn't a mater of the profile telling the application how to behave. It was an issue of the GAME ENGINE requesting the use or demand of available resources using AFR therefore there was nothing NVIDIA could do. This is why they then said "We are working with Ubisoft to resolve this issue" because it was up to Ubisoft to fix their game engine. NVIDIA would have released a fix or driver update to fix the SLI issues within three months time if there was ANYthing that they could do to fix the problem. You'll also notice that in their very own graphics and performance review guide they made for Syndicate, they had to, embarrassingly, report that on the highest settings of this game (in 1080p at that!), their flagship card, the 980 TI could not even maintain a stable 30 FPS.... This was after they announced ahead of the game's release that the 970 was the recommended card to play in 1080p at high settings and maintain 60 FPS, and the 980 recommended for 1440p. In their benchmarks, there were ZERO numbers on SLI configurations which you can guarantee they would have found a way to get in there to improve the numbers on their hardware if there was any way for them to have done so. The game engine was broken in regards to Multi-GPU scaling and that was the end of it so they were helpless.

I imagine that if this next patch DOES improve SLI as I've now been told it will by a CM, then you will see NVIDIA releasing a SLI profile update for Syndicate within DAYS to improve upon the performance once the game engine is fixed by Ubisoft. It is THEIR game and therefore THEIR issue, and, furthermore, THEIR FAULT (THEIR = UBISOFT)

I mean UBI should be working with NVidia to fix the SLI issue. But UBI cant do anything to fix the issue themselves only get Nvidia to sort it out.
I said that UBI is not directly UBIs fault with the SLI, But it is an issue with THEIR game and they used it as marketing for Syndicate so they at least owe it people to be on at NVIDIA to fix the SLI issue.

TaylorBlakeH
02-12-2016, 08:52 PM
I mean UBI should be working with NVidia to fix the SLI issue. But UBI cant do anything to fix the issue themselves only get Nvidia to sort it out.
I said that UBI is not directly UBIs fault with the SLI, But it is an issue with THEIR game and they used it as marketing for Syndicate so they at least owe it people to be on at NVIDIA to fix the SLI issue.

But it's not up to NVIDIA.... SLI is a standardized technology created by NVIDIA, but it hasn't changed for years. It's a development tool available for developers to implement in their game engines and provide NVIDIA with the details on how they implemented it so NVIDIA can create a optimized profile. If Ubisoft doesn't implement the API at all or do so properly, or work with NVIDIA to provide them specifics on how it's implemented so that an appropriate profile can be created, then there's nothing NVIDIA can do without Ubisoft involved. If it were up to NVIDIA, you'd see SLI in Arkham Knight and in Just Cause 3!!

The DEVELOPERS are the ones who choose to implement it or not. NVIDIA has no choice. Just like GameWorks. NVIDIA makes GameWorks features. And it's available for developers to use and implement IF they choose to... And when they do choose to, NVIDIA works with them to better integrate and implement them into their game as a partnership to promote NVIDIA's features and hardware. But if the devs don't elect to use and implement those features, NVIDIA can't edit their game without their permission....

Jessigirl2013
02-13-2016, 02:34 PM
But it's not up to NVIDIA.... SLI is a standardized technology created by NVIDIA, but it hasn't changed for years. It's a development tool available for developers to implement in their game engines and provide NVIDIA with the details on how they implemented it so NVIDIA can create a optimized profile. If Ubisoft doesn't implement the API at all or do so properly, or work with NVIDIA to provide them specifics on how it's implemented so that an appropriate profile can be created, then there's nothing NVIDIA can do without Ubisoft involved. If it were up to NVIDIA, you'd see SLI in Arkham Knight and in Just Cause 3!!

The DEVELOPERS are the ones who choose to implement it or not. NVIDIA has no choice. Just like GameWorks. NVIDIA makes GameWorks features. And it's available for developers to use and implement IF they choose to... And when they do choose to, NVIDIA works with them to better integrate and implement them into their game as a partnership to promote NVIDIA's features and hardware. But if the devs don't elect to use and implement those features, NVIDIA can't edit their game without their permission....

I'll repeat my point.
UBI needs to work with NVIDIA to fix the issue.:rolleyes: