PDA

View Full Version : 3 Chronicle games, 3 sets of codes... for THIS cutscene?

pacmanate
02-09-2016, 11:36 PM
Really? This? The cutscene tells us NOTHING new there isn't even a point of having a spoiler tag. It tells us Abstergo has the box and they are going to experiment with it... well duh? What did Ubi think we thought Abstergo were doing with the box, using it as a doorstop?

This franchise is starting to make me lose my mind.

AC4, AC Rogue, AC Unity, AC Syndicate = No Modern Day Plot advancement, Juno hasn't done anything throught 3 years of games
AC Unity, AC Syndicate = No First Civilisation sites anymore, just tombs with an artifact

And now a series of 3 games over the span of what, 6 months? Containing stories that can be summarised within 2 sentences maximum and have a HIDDEN cutscene, emphasis on the HIDDEN as its supposed to be something you WORK for by finding codes throughout ALL 3 GAMES (Yes, theoretically you need all 3 games and find codes in all 3 if you don't use youtube), to have a cutscene which brings us nothing new since 2014's AC Rogue.

What. The. Hell.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zlyO794bhWE

phoenix-force411
02-09-2016, 11:50 PM
Next game will need to concentrate on this "Project Phoenix," 'cause all of this talk and crap and not revealing whatever it is is annoying. Stalling is stupid, especially when the series is in trouble, mainly with story. This just makes all 3 chronicles look like a complete waste of time, and I don't think I want to bother playing them, and with this revelation, I doubt I will now. What are you thinking, Ubisoft? As if AC wasn't already a big joke to a lot of people already. It's difficult to stay optimistic whenever crap like this is pulled.

m4r-k7
02-09-2016, 11:54 PM
Not only this, but these chronicle games are getting very low review scores. Why is Ubisoft letting this happen to their main franchise? I don't understand. They need to take so much more care over the games, both in their execution of modern day lore and the actual gameplay. It makes me crazy how much they are milking this franchise with not only main games but spin off titles, comics etc. I know all they see is money, but man they need to have some respect over their franchise.

phoenix-force411
02-10-2016, 12:19 AM
Not only this, but these chronicle games are getting very low review scores. Why is Ubisoft letting this happen to their main franchise? I don't understand. They need to take so much more care over the games, both in their execution of modern day lore and the actual gameplay. It makes me crazy how much they are milking this franchise with not only main games but spin off titles, comics etc. I know all they see is money, but man they need to have some respect over their franchise.

AC's epilogue needs to be amazing to even feel like all the crap they pulled was worth it. Modern day is a powerful component whether they acknowledge its importance or not. Right now, the modern day is the most important element to concentrate right now, because it gives reason and relevance to anything we do in and out of the Animus. With each passing game after ACIII, I found the Animus to be nothing but a stalling machine and a big fat excuse. Either we need a Modern day game, or we need a game that will concentrate on modern day heavily while giving us a good reason to relive genetic memories. During AC1-ACIII, there was a clear reason and direction to follow since Patrice gave the AC series a direction to follow with Assassin's Creed II, and although I think introducing the "December 2012" plot was a stupid idea, AC was simple enough to follow. But now that AC's main problem has been solved, introducing the "Juno wants to rule humanity" plot leads the series in a very broad direction and it is unpredictable on where the series will go.

TO_M
02-10-2016, 12:27 AM
LOL, why am I not surprised?

I don't know why you were expecting something major though. If Ubi wasn't wiling to show more/important modern day info in their previous 2 huge releases then why the hell would they do that in their crappy spin-off games?

dxsxhxcx
02-10-2016, 12:37 AM
AC's epilogue needs to be amazing to even feel like all the crap they pulled was worth it. Modern day is a powerful component whether they acknowledge its importance or not. Right now, the modern day is the most important element to concentrate right now, because it gives reason and relevance to anything we do in and out of the Animus. With each passing game after ACIII, I found the Animus to be nothing but a stalling machine and a big fat excuse. Either we need a Modern day game, or we need a game that will concentrate on modern day heavily while giving us a good reason to relive genetic memories. During AC1-ACIII, there was a clear reason and direction to follow since Patrice gave the AC series a direction to follow with Assassin's Creed II, and although I think introducing the "December 2012" plot was a stupid idea, AC was simple enough to follow. But now that AC's main problem has been solved, introducing the "Juno wants to rule humanity" plot leads the series in a very broad direction and it is unpredictable on where the series will go.

A modern day game wouldn't work, unless you don't care about all the NPCs ignoring a hooded man, armed to the teeth, climbing buildings in the age of the internet, the historical settings get a pass because information didn't travel as fast as it does nowadays, but have the same freedom we have in a historical setting in a modern one without facing any consequence for our behaviour would be ridiculous.

Maybe if Desmond had left the world burns in AC3, a "modern" game would've been more believable and immersive in a post-apocalyptic scenario, but as it is today, hell no.

I don't know why you were expecting something major though. If Ubi wasn't wiling to show more/important modern day info in their previous 2 huge releases then why the hell would they do that in their crappy spin-off games?

Ubisoft has precedent for doing stupid things when it comes to the Modern Days..

- The Lost Archive (and the whole Lucy thing locked away behind a PAID DLC);
- The Da Vinci Disappearance (another PAID DLC that explained how Desmond and crew got the Grand Temple's location);
- Removes a "supposedly bland" character (Desmond), decides to add a mute flying tablet in his place (genius move Ubisoft!);
- Removes Mr. Flying Tablet, make ourselves play the part of the mute and now helpless (because of the cutscene approach) protagonist role;
- Poorly handling of previously well established characters (S16 and Daniel Cross);
- Removal of powerful elements of the story (the Bleeding Effect and the necessity of the Animus user being related to the ancestor whose memories are being relived) that (IMO) had huge narrative potential;

BONUS:
Turn the Initiates website (that I never liked but at least it tried to do something with the MD) into a mere place to keep track of our progress through the games.

...and the list goes on.

So yeah, I certainly wouldn't be surprised if Ubisoft decided to add something major into crappy spin-off games... :rolleyes:

pacmanate
02-10-2016, 12:49 AM

Baffles me too. You know whats weird as well? Each subsequent Chronicles game has been worse than the last.

I wasn't expecting anything. I only bought ACC for the experience of the 2.5D and "Shao loses box and must get it back".. .hey look, sumarised the game in a sentence :D but to put codes in the games, encourage you to find them to unlock a secret, and the secret being a retelling of Rogues modern day is a pisstake.

Maybe if Desmond had left the world burns in AC3, a "modern" game would've been more believable and immersive in a post-apocalyptic scenario, but as it is today, hell no.

Hey man, you just wait until they use the Shroud and Desmond's organs to create Desmond Mk2 to face off against that new precursor Abstergo are building...

phoenix-force411
02-10-2016, 01:03 AM
A modern day game wouldn't work, unless you don't care about all the NPCs ignoring a hooded man, armed to the teeth, climbing buildings in the age of the internet, the historical settings get a pass because information didn't travel as fast as it does nowadays, but have the same freedom we have in a historical setting in a modern one without facing any consequence for our behaviour would be ridiculous.

I know it would not work, but I don't see how long reliving genetic memories forever with no good reason is going to keep up. The reasons have been crap, as of late.

jmjm940
02-10-2016, 01:50 AM
Hopefully my children will live long enough to see how this story progresses. They may even get to see what Juno does and understand why she is such an EVIL villain. I can only hope that they will find out what the purpose of all this is.

dxsxhxcx
02-10-2016, 02:05 AM
I know it would not work, but I don't see how long reliving genetic memories forever with no good reason is going to keep up. The reasons have been crap, as of late.

I agree with you, that's why I believe that they should remove the MD completely, because (IMO) it also has been crap since AC4. They shouldn't even bother about tying up the loose ends, just finish it already and put all the effort into providing a better historical experience, no need for crappy excuses when the MD is being handled the same way.

Hey man, you just wait until they use the Shroud and Desmond's organs to create Desmond Mk2 to face off against that new precursor Abstergo are building...

No, no, no, this would force them to create another playable modern day protagonist, what is going to happen is:

they'll put the precursor's clone into an animus and Juno will try to transfer her conscience into it, right before that happen we'll face her inside the animus by entering an animus glitch similar to a time anomaly portal and be teleported to a place with the animus (loading screen) background, there we will have another crappy boss fight against Juno and when we are about to have our *** kicked Desmond (and maybe S16) will appear, weakening Juno allowing us to deliver the final blow saving the world once again, then we'll have a Return of The Jedi moment where Desmond's Force Ghost will appear and make a speech.

ps: a few things may change since this event will probably happen 5 or 6 years/games from now..

pacmanate
02-10-2016, 02:30 AM
Hopefully my children will live long enough to see how this story progresses. They may even get to see what Juno does and understand why she is such an EVIL villain. I can only hope that they will find out what the purpose of all this is.

I'm going to shelter my Children from AC if it keeps going on like this. Seriously what kind of poor arc is Juno? Firstly Desmonds send off poorly handled, secondly Juno is a massive threat yet in the space of 4 games and 3 years shes only moving up from Dial-Up to Broadband to Fibre Optic.

I agree with you, that's why I believe that they should remove the MD completely, because (IMO) it also has been crap since AC4. They shouldn't even bother about tying up the loose ends, just finish it already and put all the effort into providing a better historical experience, no need for crappy excuses when the MD is being handled the same way.

No, no, no, this would force them to create another playable modern day protagonist, what is going to happen is:

they'll put the precursor's clone into an animus and Juno will try to transfer her conscience into it, right before that happen we'll face her inside the animus by entering an animus glitch similar to a time anomaly portal and be teleported to a place with the animus (loading screen) background, there we will have another crappy boss fight against Juno and when we are about to have our *** kicked Desmond (and maybe S16) will appear, weakening Juno allowing us to deliver the final blow saving the world once again, then we'll have a Return of The Jedi moment where Desmond's Force Ghost will appear and make a speech.

ps: a few things may change since this event will probably happen 5 or 6 years/games from now..

Sorry, you're right. You're much into Ubisofts brainstorming department than I was.

Can't wait to see how that precursor person will look in 10 years though in AC20. No doubt he will be in a coma though so I guess we will get to see it wake up in 2030.

Do you know what sucks? I use to love this franchise to death. I buy sequels to get story progression. Juno has had 0 the lazy *****.

dxsxhxcx
02-10-2016, 02:51 AM
Juno is a massive threat yet in the space of 4 games and 3 years shes only moving up from Dial-Up to Broadband to Fibre Optic.

Best analogy ever.. lol

Do you know what sucks? I use to love this franchise to death. I buy sequels to get story progression. Juno has had 0 the lazy *****.

Ubisoft isn't even trying to hide the "fact" that they are dragging the story on purpose anymore (anybody with two brain cells should be able to see that), why they keep going with it (the MD) is beyond my comprehension.

Xstantin
02-10-2016, 04:46 AM
^ I guess cause the MD became important for some reason three games late. Honestly I don't get why bother, I doubt they'll sort the loose ends, retcons and tie-ins anyway.

ze_topazio
02-10-2016, 12:59 PM
The video is a prologue and tease for the events of Syndicate, so much mystery for a tease for a game released months ago. http://www.narutoforums.com/images/smilies/BV2_VV5z_CYAAMU_M.png

pacmanate
02-10-2016, 01:01 PM
I don't even see how this is a tease for Syndicate, unless you mean the mention of "Phoenix Project", which is ambiguous with no context and still not secret worthy :D

ze_topazio
02-10-2016, 01:12 PM
Ain't the Templars in Syndicate looking for the Shroud to help create a clone of a TWCB? they're sort of teasing that here, plus some minor tease that they have some another artifact on their hands, most likely the koh-i-noor, and I imagine they will use the box to read the Voynich manuscript, which will serve as the excuse to investigate the memories of more ancestors for the next few years.

pacmanate
02-10-2016, 01:25 PM
Ain't the Templars in Syndicate looking for the Shroud to help create a clone of a TWCB? they're sort of teasing that here, plus some minor tease that they have some another artifact on their hands, most likely the koh-i-noor, and I imagine they will use the box to read the Voynich manuscript, which will serve as the excuse to investigate the memories of more ancestors for the next few years.

Yeah I get all that, im just saying its a crap "tease" because the clip doesnt hint at anything assuming we were supposed to see it before Syndicate

Mr.Black24
02-10-2016, 04:13 PM
Yeah I get all that, im just saying its a crap "tease" because the clip doesnt hint at anything assuming we were supposed to see it before Syndicate

And thats where the entire failure of this stupid video shows. Ubisoft knew that Syndicate was going to be released long before the Chronicles games ever did, so what made them think that putting this cutscene is a good idea? Its like they are pretty much telling us right outfront that they really are dragging the story now. I just wonder whats going to happen next, not because "exciting" lore, but what new failures might show up.

cawatrooper9
02-10-2016, 04:30 PM
Wait, is the third Chronicles game out already?

I haven't even finished China yet... :p

crusader_prophet
02-10-2016, 09:41 PM
As long as UbiSoft is making profits out of milking, incremental additions and fooling AC addicts (like me), they don't care. they have really good marketing team and it has been working out for them so far. So fan cries aren't much of a priority to them. And we are a part of the problem as well because we keep buying the games and playing them.

SixKeys
02-11-2016, 01:00 AM

I don't see how it's any less ludicrous in the old games. We're the only person in the city who wears a hood yet the police can't find us, and climbing buildings wasn't exactly a national sport hundreds of years ago either.

AC3 had modern day segments and it didn't feel weird to have Desmond climbing stadiums and hiding in the subway. His hoodie fits modern day perfectly and the modern hidden blade is actually more or less hidden, unlike Jacob and Evie's or Arno's. Even climbing buildings in the modern era isn't that strange, as we have hundreds of parkour enthusiasts doing that stuff for YouTube fame all the time.

RinoTheBouncer
02-11-2016, 01:07 AM
I don't see how it's any less ludicrous in the old games. We're the only person in the city who wears a hood yet the police can't find us, and climbing buildings wasn't exactly a national sport hundreds of years ago either.

AC3 had modern day segments and it didn't feel weird to have Desmond climbing stadiums and hiding in the subway. His hoodie fits modern day perfectly and the modern hidden blade is actually more or less hidden, unlike Jacob and Evie's or Arno's. Even climbing buildings in the modern era isn't that strange, as we have hundreds of parkour enthusiasts doing that stuff for YouTube fame all the time.

https://media.giphy.com/media/Hovfs6SeMERMc/giphy.gif

LoyalACFan
02-11-2016, 05:16 AM
I feel your pain, Pac, but the truth is I stopped caring about the modern day plot right after the shenanigans they pulled in The Lost Archive (okay, actually after AC3, but I only cared then because it was supposed to be the grand finale).

You know, I really don't think it's even possible for them to wrap everything up in a mind-blowing conclusion anymore, so I'm kind of half-hoping that they troll us all and end it in the most ludicrously f**king stupid way imaginable. Like, Juno finds a way to download her consciousness into a cloned Desmond, but right after she does, Desmond 2.0 dies of auto-erotic asphyxiation in a tragic sexual misadventure and the world is saved.

I-Like-Pie45
02-11-2016, 05:48 AM
I feel your pain, Pac, but the truth is I stopped caring about the modern day plot right after the shenanigans they pulled in The Lost Archive (okay, actually after AC3, but I only cared then because it was supposed to be the grand finale).

You know, I really don't think it's even possible for them to wrap everything up in a mind-blowing conclusion anymore, so I'm kind of half-hoping that they troll us all and end it in the most ludicrously f**king stupid way imaginable. Like, Juno finds a way to download her consciousness into a cloned Desmond, but right after she does, Desmond 2.0 dies of auto-erotic asphyxiation in a tragic sexual misadventure and the world is saved.

I personally think it would be cool if Juno got killed by a guitar-hero mini-game or if she succeeds in possessing a copy of the latest Windows OS that gets blown up by an angry user thus killing her

dxsxhxcx
02-11-2016, 01:18 PM

The historical portion of the game IMO get a pass because, like I said, information didn't travel as fast and wasn't as reliable as it is today, all we had was word of mouth and sketches of suspicious people, in a modern setting, there are too many variables to consider (security/traffic cameras, smartphones, the internet, photography), the chances of our actions passing unnoticed are smaller and once our face hit the streets, you can kiss your anonymity goodbye.

It "worked" in AC3 (to an extent) because they were small sequences and happened in controlled environments, in a full open world modern game things (IMO) would've been a lot different (for some of the reasons stated above), I also believe that they could've done a better job with AC3, the public spaces should've been a lot more crowded in order to give us the impression of being hide in plain sight for example.

in time, IMO detection during the MD should work in a similar way as Hitman's (if you keep facing your enemy long enough, they'll recognize you and hell will break loose, when you turn around, if they weren't suspicious enough to go after you or even detect you, they'll ignore you)

Also, one thing is practice parkour, another thing is climb the walls of New York's city hall or a taller building, after some time certain actions would drawn a lot of attention and make curious people record us with their smartphones or call the police right away.

There's also the combat factor, the prominence of firearms would force the modern portion of the game to become a shooter and there's no escape from that, especially now that the modern day protagonist isn't "special" anymore (it was already hard to swallow the Abstergo agents going after Desmond with bats instead of pointing a gun at him and shooting his legs, after all they needed him alive and not walking), you cause havoc in the streets and the guards won't simply stay in line waiting to be killed, they'll shoot you.

the thing is, I don't think we can have a full modern day game without drastically decreasing our freedom in order to provide an immersive experience and not turning it into a shooter, and I'm completely fine with it, because IMO the MD sequences should be all about immersion and narrative and these elements (IMO) work better with small sequences in small and controlled environments, where most outcomes caused by our actions can be predicted and the little control we would have would still resemble what we do during the historical portion of the game.

jellejackhammer
02-11-2016, 03:45 PM
Urgh. Why the need to buy 3 games,find and input the right code to tell us what we know? Is the MD so ****ed because we have to wait after the movie? If so **** that movie. All that tease about the first civ but Nothing is being done with it. Gone is the first civ lore in the historical part and the MD is for Some Reason being hold back. I really hope that for ubi's sake,empire Will do all that lore justice. If what the rumour said about respect to the lore is true,then i might give it a chance again but now? I'm done with the series. No deep lore=no true assassins creed. I'm sorry but the games are more then just the assassins vs templar war. But now all what remains in the historical part is just that. And MD is being drawn out for reasons unkown with teases about the first civ and all that great stuff but no real actions and conclusions. And then we have these comics that draw that out even more! If empire ends up doing the same thing then ac is dead.

pacmanate
02-11-2016, 07:23 PM
Urgh. Why the need to buy 3 games,find and input the right code to tell us what we know? Is the MD so ****ed because we have to wait after the movie? If so **** that movie. All that tease about the first civ but Nothing is being done with it. Gone is the first civ lore in the historical part and the MD is for Some Reason being hold back. I really hope that for ubi's sake,empire Will do all that lore justice. If what the rumour said about respect to the lore is true,then i might give it a chance again but now? I'm done with the series. No deep lore=no true assassins creed. I'm sorry but the games are more then just the assassins vs templar war. But now all what remains in the historical part is just that. And MD is being drawn out for reasons unkown with teases about the first civ and all that great stuff but no real actions and conclusions. And then we have these comics that draw that out even more! If empire ends up doing the same thing then ac is dead.

Nailed it.

At least no AC game this year has just been confirmed. Maybe they can actually think of what they will do with the franchise now.

ze_topazio
02-11-2016, 07:31 PM
This is nothing new, remember when Revelations big revealing final video was just a compilation of everything we already knew about TWKB and the solar flare in video form?

I-Like-Pie45
02-11-2016, 07:40 PM
Nailed it.

At least no AC game this year has just been confirmed. Maybe they can actually think of what they will do with the franchise now.

you shouldn't say stuff like that cause it jinxes it

its how france lost the 2006 world cup, because someone I knew said they would win but no they didn't

so you know when you say stuff like that Ubi will decide to revamp the AC series as an on-rails shooter or better

pacmanate
02-11-2016, 08:33 PM
you shouldn't say stuff like that cause it jinxes it

its how france lost the 2006 world cup, because someone I knew said they would win but no they didn't

so you know when you say stuff like that Ubi will decide to revamp the AC series as an on-rails shooter or better

And I would probably enjoy the change in formula lolsss

Mr.Black24
02-12-2016, 12:42 AM
This is nothing new, remember when Revelations big revealing final video was just a compilation of everything we already knew about TWKB and the solar flare in video form?
Wait, which one we talkin about? The description just confuses me unfortunately.

I-Like-Pie45
02-12-2016, 12:53 AM
I think a great way for Ubisoft to revitalize the AC franchise if the open world model ever stops working for them are AC pachinko machines, its worked out great for Konami and Capcom and all the other Japanese developers thus far

basically Ubisoft could relegate modern day plot development to these machines without having to invest precious AAA development funds on it, and also make pachinko machines to make up for the absence of franchises like Beyond Good & Evil or Prince of Persia on gaming platforms while periodically releasing a new AAA AC game every five years or just once per console generation to account for fan-requested settings thus saving on the cost it takes to develop Assassin's Creed games.

ze_topazio
02-12-2016, 02:11 AM
Wait, which one we talkin about? The description just confuses me unfortunately.

The one, made in CGI, Ezio sees after encountering Altair's bones.

SixKeys
02-12-2016, 03:53 AM
The historical portion of the game IMO get a pass because, like I said, information didn't travel as fast and wasn't as reliable as it is today, all we had was word of mouth and sketches of suspicious people, in a modern setting, there are too many variables to consider (security/traffic cameras, smartphones, the internet, photography), the chances of our actions passing unnoticed are smaller and once our face hit the streets, you can kiss your anonymity goodbye.

By the time we get to the Victorian age - Syndicate - we already had telephones, telegrams and newspapers. And the Frye twins are more obvious than any assassin before them, launching up into the air in the middle of a busy street with a rope launcher, and Roth specifically screaming Jacob's name in the burning theater, going "this is all your doing!". You'd think the name "Frye" would be on everyone's lips by the next day.

And if doing MD sounds like it wouldn't work in a conventional AC structure - well, why use the conventional structure? Why not work it into the plot? They had the opportunity with Desmond, had they done AC3 in MD only. If Desmond was a wanted man and his actions wouldn't go unnoticed by civilians, why not use that? Desmond was destined to die heroically anyway, he probably knew exactly what he was walking into by the time he "infiltrated" Abstergo. So why not make AC3 one big cat-and-mouse game where Desmond is a wanted criminal in the city and your notorious actions attract more attention than ever, gradually and naturally upping the challenge as people become more aware of your presence. You would have to chase down people who try to call the cops as soon as they see you, you'd have to take security cameras into account when planning your mission, like first you can only avoid them but later Rebecca can remotely hack them. You could wear disguises or invent plot scenarios where someone sees Desmond climb down from a building and Desmond tries to make up some hasty excuse like "uhh, I'm a stuntman, I'm practicing for a movie". In fact, you could incorporate that stuff into the typical NPC chatter: "Uh-oh, looks like a jumper up there. Better call someone." "Ugh, what some people won't do for pageviews." "Oh look, is he one of those 'parkour' types?" etc. They could even have gotten S16 in there, if they hadn't wasted him in ACR. It would be easier for Desmond to reach him now that they'd formed a digital connection, so S16 could reveal more interesting glyphs and conspiracy stuff through computer programs. There are so many possibilities for a one-off MD game, so many new gameplay ideas to be explored.

It "worked" in AC3 (to an extent) because they were small sequences and happened in controlled environments, in a full open world modern game things (IMO) would've been a lot different (for some of the reasons stated above), I also believe that they could've done a better job with AC3, the public spaces should've been a lot more crowded in order to give us the impression of being hide in plain sight for example.

I believe they could have done a lot better too, like not making Brotherhood and Revelations and sticking to the original trilogy plan. :rolleyes: Love them or hate them, they complicated what should have been a fairly straight-forward three-act structure. Act 1: Desmond learns about his ancestors and the Animus. Act 2: Desmond escapes and starts training. Act 3: Desmond proves himself a master assassin by taking on Abstergo. Everything in AC3 was a cluster**** because there was too much baggage, too many unresolved plot threads it had to wrap up in some fashion. MD sucked precisely because it was limited to small environments and its gameplay was an exact copy of the historical gameplay. (Guards with modern guns still take an insanely long time to aim. K.)
Had it been a full, or even mostly, MD game, they could have done a lot of innovative things with the gameplay and made it distinctly different from the historical bits. They could have wrapped Desmond's arc in a satisfying way and then moved on to doing historical-only games.

Civona
02-12-2016, 04:07 AM
eh, this is fine. there's too much established and obvious about what's going to happen for any real curveballs to be thrown in something so small-scale. I'm glad they didn't introduce any more vague mysteries that they'd have to struggle to fit together later.

SixKeys
02-12-2016, 06:26 AM
eh, this is fine. there's too much established and obvious about what's going to happen for any real curveballs to be thrown in something so small-scale. I'm glad they didn't introduce any more vague mysteries that they'd have to struggle to fit together later.

I think what most people are wondering is: why even bother? Why go through the trouble of creating even something as simple as a short Flash comic if you're just going to fill it with information we already know? Some poor b*stard dedicated time to doing that and Ubi wasted a little bit more money. To what end?

Xstantin
02-12-2016, 06:33 AM
^Exactly. I think even something really vague like the Apple's holograms as some random tease for a future setting would work better and feel more rewarding compared to what we got.

Jessigirl2013
02-12-2016, 01:06 PM
Really? This? The cutscene tells us NOTHING new there isn't even a point of having a spoiler tag. It tells us Abstergo has the box and they are going to experiment with it... well duh? What did Ubi think we thought Abstergo were doing with the box, using it as a doorstop?

This franchise is starting to make me lose my mind.

AC4, AC Rogue, AC Unity, AC Syndicate = No Modern Day Plot advancement, Juno hasn't done anything throught 3 years of games
AC Unity, AC Syndicate = No First Civilisation sites anymore, just tombs with an artifact

And now a series of 3 games over the span of what, 6 months? Containing stories that can be summarised within 2 sentences maximum and have a HIDDEN cutscene, emphasis on the HIDDEN as its supposed to be something you WORK for by finding codes throughout ALL 3 GAMES (Yes, theoretically you need all 3 games and find codes in all 3 if you don't use youtube), to have a cutscene which brings us nothing new since 2014's AC Rogue.

What. The. Hell.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zlyO794bhWE

I agree,
its frustrating that they haven't even advanced the plot with Syndicate.
Sure the MD was tons better than Unity and IMO it was the best MD since the end of ACIII, but even Syndicate doesn't advance the plot dramatically (which after 3years of games with no advance on MD It really needed too)

What even more annoying is now we have to wait to 2017 for any MD whatsoever.

A bit off topic, but does anyone think they will do a smaller game like Rogue to give new info to fans of the lore.
I loved Rogue, sure it used a lot of black flags assets but I don't really care as they were put to good use. <----- Could they do this with unused assets from Unity and Syndicate?:confused:

Sorrosyss
02-12-2016, 02:07 PM
Yep, the state of the modern day portion of the meta plot is beyond frustrating. When I posted my Syndicate review, I cited about how little actual development we got. For example, we knew about the contents of Project Legacy, yet that got repeated to us again from the glitches. We knew Juno was a threat - for four years now even. We knew about the Phoenix Project, the cloning attempts, the Shroud, Consus. All of it. The only advancement was seeing Galina in the flesh really.

And then we come to this epilogue. Abstergo knew about the Precursor box's apparent abilities since Shay's memories were explored, yet we are led to believe they've just had it sat in storage since? Oh but never mind... Phoenix Project now! Sigh...

The modern day has literally been treading water since the Desmond saga ended. It frustrates me no end to see that the movie is choosing to focus a great deal upon the modern day, yet we now have to resort to buying comics to get our lore kicks as the games are so cutdown in this area.

I suppose we can only hope that this extra year of development will allow them to actually do something with the meta plot, as a lot of long term fans are getting tired of it being strung out in this fashion.

pacmanate
02-12-2016, 02:23 PM
A bit off topic, but does anyone think they will do a smaller game like Rogue to give new info to fans of the lore.

"new lore", please. They had 3 years to give us that. Also, no new AC game in 2016 means just that.

Yep, the state of the modern day portion of the meta plot is beyond frustrating. When I posted my Syndicate review, I cited about how little actual development we got. For example, we knew about the contents of Project Legacy, yet that got repeated to us again from the glitches. We knew Juno was a threat - for four years now even. We knew about the Phoenix Project, the cloning attempts, the Shroud, Consus. All of it. The only advancement was seeing Galina in the flesh really.

And then we come to this epilogue. Abstergo knew about the Precursor box's apparent abilities since Shay's memories were explored, yet we are led to believe they've just had it sat in storage since? Oh but never mind... Phoenix Project now! Sigh...

The modern day has literally been treading water since the Desmond saga ended. It frustrates me no end to see that the movie is choosing to focus a great deal upon the modern day, yet we now have to resort to buying comics to get our lore kicks as the games are so cutdown in this area.

I suppose we can only hope that this extra year of development will allow them to actually do something with the meta plot, as a lot of long term fans are getting tired of it being strung out in this fashion.

The state of AC after AC3 has been a massive kick in the face to any AC fan who has been there from the start. Everything that I loved from the first AC game is pretty much non existant now.

Jessigirl2013
02-12-2016, 06:41 PM
"new lore", please. They had 3 years to give us that. Also, no new AC game in 2016 means just that.

The state of AC after AC3 has been a massive kick in the face to any AC fan who has been there from the start. Everything that I loved from the first AC game is pretty much non existant now.

I thought they said no "main" AC game in 2016 , I forgot to add that in my original post.:rolleyes:

I agree AC now just seems like UBI thinking "oh where can we go that sounds interesting" and making the AC story an after thought

IMO we need a protagonist, but not a new character as they have plenty of developed characters to choose from. Heck they could always choose William Miles, and explore his character since the events of ACIII ( how he was a recluse and left the assassins for a bit.:o

The MD characters were the best part of the series IMO, its sad they are just forgotten.

kosmoscreed
02-13-2016, 10:39 AM
In my opinion the best thing they can do is end the modern day like right now, just release a comic or a novel and get over with it. Is just "garbage" and is dragging the franchise down. Start fresh with the 2017 game and have something consistent and coherent planned for future games.