PDA

View Full Version : Rainbow Six Siege Uplay Related Error.

NovoVallisimo
02-07-2016, 10:12 PM
Hey guys,
So I have been playing R6S for a while now, and for some damn stupid idiotic reason I decided to right click on my game, and press the "Verify files" option, it scanned and now it is downloading new files as it found corrupted files, it said 3GB, so I cancelled it and could not start the game normally, so I restarted my PC and now it says 2GB, so -
http://s21.postimg.org/9a2jm5jir/Untitled.jpg (http://postimg.org/image/9a2jm5jir/)
This is weird, I am in the SEAS server, game crashes once or twice in 1 week, standard no reason crash but after Black Ice it never crashes, should I wait it out orrr??????
Thanks for the help,
Kat.

Unreal4.Dev
02-07-2016, 10:23 PM
my recommendation would be to uninstall via Control Panel, the game " Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Siege", if you know how to access and delete registry files, clean registry of entries relating to your installation of R6 Siege, then go into "X:\Program Files (x86)\Ubisoft\ Ubisoft Game Launcher\ Games", and delete Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Siege... restart Windows and launch uPlay again... redownload and install the game, it's larger than an update but it seems you re-wired the update to not see the corrupted files. So a complete wipe and reinstallation is recommended.

NOTE THIS IS FOR uPLAY VERSION OF R6 SIEGE, IF STEAM OR ORIGIN, USE STEAM FOR UNINSTALLATION, and DELETE THE GAME VIA ORIGIN IF USING ORIGIN.

NovoVallisimo
02-07-2016, 10:27 PM
Oh crap, did not want to hear the word reinstall damn it!!!!!!!
Anyway doing that, thanks! :D

Unreal4.Dev
02-07-2016, 10:34 PM
from experience, having a corrupted install and not knowing what to do or ignoring the seemingly tough route of wiping clean and restarting is hard...

once it's broken the only way to fix it is to wipe and refresh, i've wiped entire HardDiskDrives because of Windows Errors relating to games in the early 2000's, when all is said and done, it actually saved me possibly months of headache.

NovoVallisimo
02-07-2016, 10:36 PM
Uninstall via Uplay or control panel?

Unreal4.Dev
02-07-2016, 10:43 PM
Control Panel will wipe as much of the installation as possible, if you know your way around the registry, do some cleaing of the install path there, but don't use uPlay, which is experiencing the update problem, to do the unstall for you.

Control Panel then Registry then X:\Program Files (x86)\Ubisoft\Ubisoft Game Launcher\Games folder deleted first, then reinstall fresh and clean.

Black_Widow9
02-07-2016, 10:58 PM
Thanks for helping TheMatador99! ;)