PDA

View Full Version : No Title

Neo_notheone
02-07-2016, 07:22 PM
now when ubisoft says that this game is based on historical events do they mean that this really happen? i mean to me Bell isn't a fictitious character, he's the guy that created the telephone! whats a going on here!!!

ERICATHERINE
02-07-2016, 10:30 PM
Actualy, it's historical fiction. It's events that (at least for some) happenned, but changed by ubisoft to be as they are in ac games. a good trick to remember about this world is that those who came before, Erudito, the instrument of the first will and the pieces of eden don't exist. The Assassins really existed, but only in times as the one we play in ac 1. The Templar also existed in that time, but if I remember correctly, I sawan old real picture of a tomb stone with a name on it and also on that tomb stone was written something about him being a Templar order member. The picture was taken in victorien London, but I don't remember anything about a person seeing it in syndicate. As for the initiates I can't say we don't exist since to use the site we had to subscrite as an initiate at least in the time where we had our database. ^-^

LoyalACFan
02-07-2016, 10:36 PM
Virtually nothing that happened in Syndicate is true. It's a fictional story with real historical characters stuck in there to make it feel more authentic.

And this applies to every game in the series... I once had to explain to someone online why Ezio wasn't in the Borgias miniseries on Showtime. Oy vey.

SixKeys
02-08-2016, 12:26 AM
"Based on historical events" is the same as movies that claim they're "based on a true story". Both should be taken with a massive grain of salt, even though there are true facts involved.

VestigialLlama4
02-08-2016, 05:30 AM
now when ubisoft says that this game is based on historical events do they mean that this really happen? i mean to me Bell isn't a fictitious character, he's the guy that created the telephone! whats a going on here!!!

Assassin's Creed should be considered as Historical Fiction, the same as Alexandre Dumas or Walter Scott or James Fenimoore Cooper, or George Macdonald Fraser's Flashman. Or if you watch movies, David Lean's films.

It's basically a popular fiction approach to historical events. So yes, some of the events in the Assassin's Creed games really did happen, some of the people you meet are historical figures and in a few cases, Assassin's Creed is actually a lot more accurate in depiction of places and times than other media.

This however is only true of the games from AC1-Black Flag, when developers were actually committed to values. The games that followed are far less based on history, because its made by less ambitious developers. The worst is UNITY.