PDA

View Full Version : Can't download game update?

im siggy
02-06-2016, 06:10 AM
I'm sure there's a thread for this but I couldn't find any recent ones.

but the error I receive when trying to download the new update for PC, says, "Uplay is unable to start your download. Check that you have an active internet connection and sufficient space on your hard drive then try again."

I was able to download it once, or so it seemed? my download somehow kept downloading (if that makes sense?) and went past its initial 5gb(ish) original size. So clearly something is messed up but everything I see seems to have zero fixes. Seriously these dumb issues should be addressed. If anyone has a fix for this please feel free to help me the hell out :confused:

Viper-Z
02-06-2016, 07:22 AM
I was downloading the 6.37 GB patch of Black Ice DLC on UPlay (PC). Even after the full 6.37 GB download the downloader wont stop and it goes beyond 6.37 GB like 6.40...6.41 and so on. I dont know what the heck Uplay is trying to download but the required time taken now shows in 1000s of hours. When i pause the download and start the game, multiplayer and terrorist hunt game modes are unavailable. I tried everything. From quitting and restarting the PC to starting the download all over again. But the second time too the same thing is happening. Any help will be much appreciated. Thank you.

sfox930
02-06-2016, 08:16 AM
I have the exact same problem. I tried uninstalling my game to reinstall it, but now I am getting the same issue when I download the game (rookie move for me). I hope Ubisoft addresses this issue quick or rolls back to the version without the black ice DLC in the meantime.

Red-dogie
02-06-2016, 09:16 AM
What is going on, way past the required download and the hours, well Ill be waiting to play the game in a year or two. Seriously, I have reached the download for the update and the downloading keeps on going. I can see other out there have the same problem. Does anyone know a fix!

im siggy
02-06-2016, 04:23 PM
I was downloading the 6.37 GB patch of Black Ice DLC on UPlay (PC). Even after the full 6.37 GB download the downloader wont stop and it goes beyond 6.37 GB like 6.40...6.41 and so on. I dont know what the heck Uplay is trying to download but the required time taken now shows in 1000s of hours. When i pause the download and start the game, multiplayer and terrorist hunt game modes are unavailable. I tried everything. From quitting and restarting the PC to starting the download all over again. But the second time too the same thing is happening. Any help will be much appreciated. Thank you.

That's exactly what mine did my man =/ it isn't your PC that's for sure, I wouldn't recommend reinstalling the game either. This seems to ALL be on uplay/ubisoft's end. they really messed things up this time and it's been days...:(

im siggy
02-06-2016, 04:25 PM
What is going on, way past the required download and the hours, well Ill be waiting to play the game in a year or two. Seriously, I have reached the download for the update and the downloading keeps on going. I can see other out there have the same problem. Does anyone know a fix!

Unfortunately, same goes with me on my end. It surpassed its download ONE time and now it won't even get passed the 1gb mark without giving me an internet connection error...A friend of mine has actually managed to play and download the full update and he had zero issues doing so, but he said the game itself is still buggy as hell...cmon ubisoft fix these issues and test your updates before you release them publicly.... :mad:

fboBR
02-06-2016, 11:13 PM
Press Windows+R, then type "Regedit"
Click on "File", Then in Export and save it(It will create a backup of your register)

*Look for this key:
"[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Ubisoft\Ra inbow Six - Siege]" and Delete it

*Look for this key:
"[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Ubisoft\La uncher\Installs\635]" and Delte it

Close the Regedit

Now go to this directory:
"C:\Program Files (x86)\Ubisoft\Ubisoft Game Launcher\data" and delete a folder with numbers (635)

If these steps does not work, try to unnistall Uplayn then do these steps:

Go to this folder and backup these folder, because your saves are there:
C: \ Program Files (x86) \ Ubisoft \ Ubisoft Game Launcher \ savegames \ <UID>

Unnistall Uplay then delete this folder:
C: \ Program Files (x86) \ Ubisoft \ Ubisoft Game Launcher

after these steps open the "Regedit" again and backup your reg.

Delete these keys:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE \ SOFTWARE \ Wow6432Node \ Ubisoft \ Launcher
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Microsoft\ Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\{888F1505-C2B3-4FDE-835D-36353EBD4754}
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE \ SOFTWARE \ Wow6432Node \ Microsoft \ Windows \ CurrentVersion \ Uninstall \ Uplay

9. Repeat steps 1,2,3,4

10. Install Uplay

11. Execute Uplay as Admin

12.Try to download

****** If none of these steps works, try this:

Delete the game from your Uplay

Download the game from another Source (Torrent, Steam...)
PS: If you have a Friend that has the game, you can try to take the game folder with him

+++++ If you download a Torrent or anything like that, Install it but DO NOT CRACK THE GAME+++++

If you are going to take the game from a friend it can be on these 2 locations by default:

Uplay Folder:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Ubisoft\Ubisoft Game Launcher\games ---> Copy "Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Siege"

Steam Folder
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common ---> Copy "Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Siege"

If you do not have a friend to pass it to you, try downloading from an unnoficial source.

***If your friend has Steam Version or you downloaded the game from another source, you have to download RainbowSix.exe from Uplay (One of the first Files that you download), then backup it (Really, you will need).***

Paste "Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Siege" folder that you took/downloaded on your C:\Program Files (x86)\Ubisoft\Ubisoft Game Launcher\games

***Now, for those who took the steam version or unoficial, you will have to replace the original "RainbowSix.exe" from the steam version to "RainbowSix.exe" that you saved before.

Now, Just execute RainbowSix.exe, accept terms and wait it to finish the instalation. You will have the game downloaded and you will only have to download the updates if the version you took is old.

Credits:
LEONARDOMVIANA - Some Solutions Here
Ubisoft Support - Some Solutions Here
fboBR - Some Solutions and Translation to English

im siggy
02-08-2016, 03:44 PM
Press Windows+R, then type "Regedit"
Click on "File", Then in Export and save it(It will create a backup of your register)

*Look for this key:
"[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Ubisoft\Ra inbow Six - Siege]" and Delete it

*Look for this key:
"[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Ubisoft\La uncher\Installs\635]" and Delte it

Close the Regedit

Now go to this directory:
"C:\Program Files (x86)\Ubisoft\Ubisoft Game Launcher\data" and delete a folder with numbers (635)

If these steps does not work, try to unnistall Uplayn then do these steps:

Go to this folder and backup these folder, because your saves are there:
C: \ Program Files (x86) \ Ubisoft \ Ubisoft Game Launcher \ savegames \ <UID>

Unnistall Uplay then delete this folder:
C: \ Program Files (x86) \ Ubisoft \ Ubisoft Game Launcher

after these steps open the "Regedit" again and backup your reg.

Delete these keys:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE \ SOFTWARE \ Wow6432Node \ Ubisoft \ Launcher
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Microsoft\ Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\{888F1505-C2B3-4FDE-835D-36353EBD4754}
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE \ SOFTWARE \ Wow6432Node \ Microsoft \ Windows \ CurrentVersion \ Uninstall \ Uplay

9. Repeat steps 1,2,3,4

10. Install Uplay

11. Execute Uplay as Admin

12.Try to download

****** If none of these steps works, try this:

Delete the game from your Uplay

Download the game from another Source (Torrent, Steam...)
PS: If you have a Friend that has the game, you can try to take the game folder with him

+++++ If you download a Torrent or anything like that, Install it but DO NOT CRACK THE GAME+++++

If you are going to take the game from a friend it can be on these 2 locations by default:

Uplay Folder:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Ubisoft\Ubisoft Game Launcher\games ---> Copy "Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Siege"

Steam Folder
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common ---> Copy "Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Siege"

If you do not have a friend to pass it to you, try downloading from an unnoficial source.

***If your friend has Steam Version or you downloaded the game from another source, you have to download RainbowSix.exe from Uplay (One of the first Files that you download), then backup it (Really, you will need).***

Paste "Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Siege" folder that you took/downloaded on your C:\Program Files (x86)\Ubisoft\Ubisoft Game Launcher\games

***Now, for those who took the steam version or unoficial, you will have to replace the original "RainbowSix.exe" from the steam version to "RainbowSix.exe" that you saved before.

Now, Just execute RainbowSix.exe, accept terms and wait it to finish the instalation. You will have the game downloaded and you will only have to download the updates if the version you took is old.

Credits:
LEONARDOMVIANA - Some Solutions Here
Ubisoft Support - Some Solutions Here
fboBR - Some Solutions and Translation to English

thanks for the help, but in all honesty I know for a fact that probably won't fix my issues and in return will just waste my time...It's stuff like this which makes me hate PC games..like I shouldn't have to jump through hurdles to play the damn game, let alone run 6 different troubleshoots when they know tons of users are having the same issue. Why not just patch and release? I hate how terrible ubisoft is at addressing problems. It's been almost a week if not more now.