PDA

View Full Version : Possible pirate descendant in Unity?

Zorro4555
02-06-2016, 05:25 AM
Ok, I'm gonna be completely honest. I've just started playing AC Unity. And no, it's not because I'm not a fan of the games, or anything like that, I just didn't have time.

So anyway, I got to the part where Arno gets thrown in jail, and the second I talked to the guy in my cell, I noticed something. His accent. He sure doesn't sound French, and he's got that Black Beard's harsh pirate tone in his voice, and that face of course. So I was wondering if anyone else noticed that when they played Unity. And what they thought.

I personally think that it's a descendant of one of the main characters in Black Flag. Either Edward Thatch, or Charles Vane. Also notice the glyphs from AC 2 are on the walls of the cell, this may mean one of two things. Either the family-line may have stretched to Italy between Black Flag's and Unity's timeline, or it is a fragment of Desmond's DNA reaching out to the player through the simulation.

One more thing I've noticed, is that each line of writing on the walls, looks like equations. Which may be DNA data transmitted similarly to the glyph images, however not being able to transmit fully or properly.

What do you think of the prisoner and the glyphs?

Zorro4555
02-06-2016, 06:21 AM
Ok, I'm gonna be completely honest. I've just started playing AC Unity. And no, it's not because I'm not a fan of the games, or anything like that, I just didn't have time.

So anyway, I got to the part where Arno gets thrown in jail, and the second I talked to the guy in my cell, I noticed something. His accent. He sure doesn't sound French, and he's got that Black Beard's harsh pirate tone in his voice, and that face of course. So I was wondering if anyone else noticed that when they played Unity. And what they thought.

I personally think that it's a descendant of one of the main characters in Black Flag. Either Edward Thatch, or Charles Vane. Also notice the glyphs from AC 2 are on the walls of the cell, this may mean one of two things. Either the family-line may have stretched to Italy between Black Flag's and Unity's timeline, or it is a fragment of Desmond's DNA reaching out to the player through the simulation.

One more thing I've noticed, is that each line of writing on the walls, looks like equations. Which may be DNA data transmitted similarly to the glyph images, however not being able to transmit fully or properly.

OOOOOOOoooooohhhhh.... lol I really should've played a bit more before making this thread. xD
But still, do you guys think this guy is a descendant of one of the pirates from Black Flag? I really think he is.

Jessigirl2013
02-06-2016, 01:07 PM
OOOOOOOoooooohhhhh.... lol I really should've played a bit more before making this thread. xD
But still, do you guys think this guy is a descendant of one of the pirates from Black Flag? I really think he is.

Huh? are you talking to yourself or did you get further in the game and realised something.:confused:
I don't thing he is, UBI is known you using the same actors in different games. So it could be blackbeards voice actor for all we know.. someone could check this?

Just because he doesn't sound French doesn't make him a pirate.:rolleyes:

Perhaps he's from Bristol (where blackbeard was supposedly from.):cool:

EDIT- But cool idea OP :cool:

Amouth
02-06-2016, 10:11 PM
I was so sure Blackbeard and Bellec was the same voice actor, but looking it up on the AC Wiki now itīs 2 different guys. Odd, because it sounds very much like him!

LoyalACFan
02-06-2016, 11:16 PM
I was so sure Blackbeard and Bellec was the same voice actor, but looking it up on the AC Wiki now itīs 2 different guys. Odd, because it sounds very much like him!

I know, I was gobsmacked when I found out it was a different actor. Bellec even looks like Blackbeard.

As for the OP, yeah, they used British accents for all the French characters in Unity for God knows what reason. That's why Bellec has a weirdly anachronistic West Country-ish pirate accent.

Jessigirl2013
02-07-2016, 11:24 AM

Oh, the OP was talking about bellec.
I just assumed it was a random guy in the cell because he didn't say Bellec by name :rolleyes:

cawatrooper9
02-08-2016, 03:30 PM
I remember reading on these forums on multiple different occasions that Blackbeard and Bellec were the same voice actor. Wasn't until a few months ago that I looked it up and saw that wasn't the case. Apparently, as it turns out, you can't believe everything you hear on the internets. :p

I'm sure you've noticed this by now Zorro, but Bellec isn't the only person in the game inexplicably lacking a French accent...

Zorro4555
02-13-2016, 08:10 PM
I remember reading on these forums on multiple different occasions that Blackbeard and Bellec were the same voice actor. Wasn't until a few months ago that I looked it up and saw that wasn't the case. Apparently, as it turns out, you can't believe everything you hear on the internets. :p

I'm sure you've noticed this by now Zorro, but Bellec isn't the only person in the game inexplicably lacking a French accent...

Thanks guys for the explanation and your opinions. I think I abandoned logic when I was making this thread, because lately I've been watching all these theory videos where someone takes something as simple as a weapon or armor design, and makes it sound like it's really connected to the lore and all that stuff. :3

Jessigirl2013
02-14-2016, 12:44 PM

Yeah... I guess they were practicing for Syndicate. :rolleyes:

Thanks guys for the explanation and your opinions. I think I abandoned logic when I was making this thread, because lately I've been watching all these theory videos where someone takes something as simple as a weapon or armor design, and makes it sound like it's really connected to the lore and all that stuff. :3

Haha that happens a lot in AC, Especially regarding the MD story.:rolleyes: Those theories can go out of control.:cool:

qmagnet
02-15-2016, 08:40 PM

Don't take the accents in Unity to any form of logic. Unity's British/French accent mismatch is a joke.

Jessigirl2013
02-17-2016, 03:25 PM
Don't take the accents in Unity to any form of logic. Unity's British/French accent mismatch is a joke.

Many would argue that Unity as a whole was a joke.:rolleyes: