PDA

View Full Version : Ch Products Throttle Quad

gflinch
03-09-2004, 10:47 AM
Oleg,

Don't know if this has been discussed before, did a search for it and didn't see it addressed directly. But will there be support for the new Ch Throttle Quadrent? As of now, from what I remember (haven't looked since upgrading to AEP) but there are only one joystick axis that can be assigned for the throttle. I am not at all that formailiar with CH's Programming Software, so I don't know what it can do on CH's End. There could be a long work around with a script, I'm sure, but will there be a easy way to do this dicectly from FB?

Thanks
Greg

gflinch
03-09-2004, 10:47 AM
Oleg,

Don't know if this has been discussed before, did a search for it and didn't see it addressed directly. But will there be support for the new Ch Throttle Quadrent? As of now, from what I remember (haven't looked since upgrading to AEP) but there are only one joystick axis that can be assigned for the throttle. I am not at all that formailiar with CH's Programming Software, so I don't know what it can do on CH's End. There could be a long work around with a script, I'm sure, but will there be a easy way to do this dicectly from FB?

Thanks
Greg

Mave_FI
03-09-2004, 11:51 PM
You should be able to build that kind of config with CH software that single throttle first unselects all engines, then selects the one that you are moving... Don't know how would it work if you try to move all 4 throttles at the same time http://ubbxforums.ubi.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

I only have CH USB Pro Pedals and managed to bind wheelbrake so that it takes the average from both pedals, so by pressing both full, I'll get 100%.

CH's programming-thing seems to be quite good.

Mave / Lufthunden
www.lufthunden.com (http://www.lufthunden.com)

gflinch
03-11-2004, 10:24 AM
Bump, anyone else? Oleg?

Bull_Pup
03-11-2004, 06:38 PM
Mave, would you please start a new thread detailing how you got the toe brakes working?

I think many people would love to know how you did it.

I myself have been wanting to know how to do it for a long time.

a new thread would give the subject max visibility.

Thanks!

Bull_Pup
03-11-2004, 06:47 PM
on topic,

A throttle quadrant script should be do-able, there is a profile at Ch-hangar.com that allows you to "brake" or throttle your engines differentialy in AEP. Not directly related, but an example of multi engine control.

Should be a blast for the p-38.

http://www.ch-hangar.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=270

// ================================================== =========================================
// Use micro-stick x-axis to control power output to left/right engines. Conceptually,
// think of the micro-stick x-axis as braking the left or right engines, depending on
// which way it is pushed. If left centered, it passes the throttle through unmodified.
//
// cms.a1: Virtual axis for left engine throttle (CM device #2 U axis)
// Created by combining real throttle (js2.a3) and left toe brake (js1.a1) axes
//
// cms.a2: Virtual axis for right engine throttle (CM device #2 V axis)
// Created by combininb real throttle (js2.a3) and right toe brake (js1.a2) axes
//
// NOTE: Micro-stick is used as mouse if Shift #1 is pressed (pinkie switch). In that case,
// physical throttle input is not modified by micro-stick.
// ================================================== =========================================

if (not js3.b4) then // Shift #1 not pressed, so modify throttle
a1 = 255 - (2*js2.a1);
a2 = (2*js2.a1) - 255;
else // Shift #1 pressed, so don't modify throttle
a1 = 0;
a2 = 0;
endif

if ([a1 > 35]) then // Left engine throttle
cms.a1 = js2.a3 + a1 - 35;
else
cms.a1 = js2.a3;
endif