PDA

View Full Version : Targeting

Joe the Killerman
09-14-2004, 04:53 PM
I wonder if will be feasible to keep more than one target under fire. i.e.: I may be inside a convoy, shooting with my deck gun against a small ship while I send torpedoes against a bigger one and I keep an eye with my AA gun against any incoming destroyer.

Or at least, to be able to aim fire with the deck gun against the, let's say, machine room of a ship while the AA fires against the radio antenna. Something in this way.

I know that it can be done sucesively with success, but would be nice. If is unrealistic, of course, I said nothing!

Das Panzerkunst!

Joe the Killerman
09-14-2004, 04:53 PM
I wonder if will be feasible to keep more than one target under fire. i.e.: I may be inside a convoy, shooting with my deck gun against a small ship while I send torpedoes against a bigger one and I keep an eye with my AA gun against any incoming destroyer.

Or at least, to be able to aim fire with the deck gun against the, let's say, machine room of a ship while the AA fires against the radio antenna. Something in this way.

I know that it can be done sucesively with success, but would be nice. If is unrealistic, of course, I said nothing!

Das Panzerkunst!

jeroen-79
09-15-2004, 06:52 AM
Aiming different weapons at different targets isn't unrealistic.
I just wouldn't attempt to fight destroyers with a 20mm AA gun.

FDNYFAN
09-15-2004, 08:31 AM
I advice using torpedoes againt a destroyer or at least your deck gun.
The best way is just dive and get the f**k out of there.

Joe the Killerman
09-15-2004, 03:18 PM
I know, I should had wrote "shooting with my AA against a small ship (...) and I keep an eye with my deck gun against any incoming destroyer". http://ubbxforums.ubi.com/images/smiley/sonar.gif

By the way, having the posibility to order the crew to do so -to keep an eye with the deck gun against any incoming DD- would be great. You WO could manage it, while you do other tasks.

Das Panzerkunst!