PDA

View Full Version : Again - any patch for sound engine and framerate ?

XyZspineZyX
10-19-2003, 01:34 AM
Still problems with sounds sometimes (dissapear) - maybe too many planes in missions ( then framerate too slower)
I've tried many settings, I was play my first computer game 15 years ago, I know, what I know. So dont tell me about other settings, newest drivers etc.

IMHO sound in Original IL2 was better designed, and missions was simplified, but still hard, and less bored :-)
Sorry about my english, but I want to tell so many things.
When I have in mission - sirens, 3 or 4 different planes group and I use external views something must be wrong :-)
FRAMERATE - I have Pentium 4 2,4Ghz, 512 RAM DDR 333, Sound Blaster Audigy and ATI radeon 9700. With many settings (for Radeon, DirectX maximum etc.) and Lanscape Details and Lightings HIGH i have sometimes slideshow too.
I know, mayby my computer is low-end machine now.... :-)

BTW - I dont see difference with Compressed or not compressed textures, and dont see difference with anizotropic and bilinear mipmap filters, it is normal ???
Game looks the same, framerate too, strange...

Mayby DirectX 9.0b is bad, or something ?, mayby latest ATI Catalyst are wrong ? I dont know, peoples have many opinions, but if MADDOX GAME can do something with this, so please - DO SOMETHING.......

Still this is the best simulator, I ever played.....

Stary Wuj
Warsaw
Poland

XyZspineZyX
10-19-2003, 01:34 AM
Still problems with sounds sometimes (dissapear) - maybe too many planes in missions ( then framerate too slower)
I've tried many settings, I was play my first computer game 15 years ago, I know, what I know. So dont tell me about other settings, newest drivers etc.

IMHO sound in Original IL2 was better designed, and missions was simplified, but still hard, and less bored :-)
Sorry about my english, but I want to tell so many things.
When I have in mission - sirens, 3 or 4 different planes group and I use external views something must be wrong :-)
FRAMERATE - I have Pentium 4 2,4Ghz, 512 RAM DDR 333, Sound Blaster Audigy and ATI radeon 9700. With many settings (for Radeon, DirectX maximum etc.) and Lanscape Details and Lightings HIGH i have sometimes slideshow too.
I know, mayby my computer is low-end machine now.... :-)

BTW - I dont see difference with Compressed or not compressed textures, and dont see difference with anizotropic and bilinear mipmap filters, it is normal ???
Game looks the same, framerate too, strange...

Mayby DirectX 9.0b is bad, or something ?, mayby latest ATI Catalyst are wrong ? I dont know, peoples have many opinions, but if MADDOX GAME can do something with this, so please - DO SOMETHING.......

Still this is the best simulator, I ever played.....

Stary Wuj
Warsaw
Poland

XyZspineZyX
10-19-2003, 04:23 AM
Try going into setupFB.exe and making sure that 3d engine mode is set to...

3d engine mode:minimal(fastest).

This gets rid of all the sound issues I have and works like a charm.Give it a try and report back/i/smilies/16x16_smiley-happy.gif

XyZspineZyX
10-19-2003, 10:53 AM
Well, I´ve got the same problems with sound (although I´ve been trying all setup-variations possible). actually I´m running FB with the "minimal" setting too. But sound issues continue - especially as soon as ground artillery gets involved in my "do-it-yourself-missions". Much less problems in standard mission editor.

Generally speaking the sound engines of many present games seem to be at a stage of development graphic-engines had about seven or eight years ago: kind of open beta.

XyZspineZyX
10-19-2003, 01:21 PM
The stunning amount of sound issues reported is why I never turned sound on since I got my FB. Probably saved me over a 10 million accumulated fps by now. /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-happy.gif Save your pennies.

XyZspineZyX
10-19-2003, 01:37 PM
Interesting move. Personally I don't think I could cope without the engine sound as it gives useful feedback on the state of the engine. But everything else I would gladly dump to improve frame rates and get rid of weird sound anomalies.

XyZspineZyX
10-19-2003, 03:44 PM
500%

S!

M0NS (authorized P39 pyrotechnician)

"Blow up the outside world"

http://www.flugwerk.de/images/01k.jpg
My garage!

XyZspineZyX
10-19-2003, 07:50 PM
Time to upgrade boys.

I'll bet there are still people out there that are complaining that FB wont run on their 486's.

Another favorite of mine is: Oleg, please make Battle of Britain run on my Pentium III.

Hahaha, funny guys.

Here's a good one: Playing FB at lowest video settings, turn off sound, resolution set to 480x640, on my Pentium I.
Hey Oleg? When are you gonna give me a patch? Hahahaha.

"Sorry but we dont have the money to upgrade our computers once a decade." (typical response)

Get a job!! Mow lawns, dig ditches, sweep streets, Do something.

I hope Oleg makes Battle of Britain for the Pentium 5 and the latest 3d video cards, and I'll bet he will.