PDA

View Full Version : AC UNITY FPS drop/ Lag PC version HELP

karun1982
02-02-2016, 07:01 PM
Hi,

I Recently bought the game as iam a fan of AC series. My PC is quiet high end but still i get FPS ranges of 9 to 17 and sometimes it goes as low as 5.
Very annoying to play. Is there any tips tricks to fix this. My PC configuration below

HP Z800

CPU 2x Intel Xeon X5670@2.93GHz
32 GB RAM
GPU nvidia Quadro K2000 2GB GDDR5

Please help.

TaylorBlakeH
02-02-2016, 07:55 PM
Hi,

I Recently bought the game as iam a fan of AC series. My PC is quiet high end but still i get FPS ranges of 9 to 17 and sometimes it goes as low as 5.
Very annoying to play. Is there any tips tricks to fix this. My PC configuration below

HP Z800

CPU 2x Intel Xeon X5670@2.93GHz
32 GB RAM
GPU nvidia Quadro K2000 2GB GDDR5

Please help.

I understand why you feel your PC is high-end, as you have an expensive "professional workstation grade" Quadro GPU, however, the Quadro cards are not designed for playing games; they use DirectCompute for rendering 3D models in software like AutoCAD. DirectX (which games use) does not utilize DIrectCompute in any way as of now (version 11) so unfortunately you just have the wrong tool for the job. You also have only 2 GB of VRAM and you need at least 3 GB to play this game without getting huge frame rate sinks like you're getting. There's no way around it - Unity uses between 2.8 and 3.7 GB of VRAM no matter what your settings are. You can try using only FXAA anti-aliasing and setting your texture quality to low to help with the VRAM, also lower your resolution to 800 x 600 or 1280 x 720 but beyond that, you're just not equipped to play a game a like this. You'll want to look into a GeForce GTX card in the future for playing games instead of using a professional grade Quadro GPU

karun1982
02-03-2016, 02:04 PM
Thanks Thair for your briefing. I understand. Will keep that in mind.

Jessigirl2013
02-05-2016, 07:37 PM
I understand why you feel your PC is high-end, as you have an expensive "professional workstation grade" Quadro GPU, however, the Quadro cards are not designed for playing games; they use DirectCompute for rendering 3D models in software like AutoCAD. DirectX (which games use) does not utilize DIrectCompute in any way as of now (version 11) so unfortunately you just have the wrong tool for the job. You also have only 2 GB of VRAM and you need at least 3 GB to play this game without getting huge frame rate sinks like you're getting. There's no way around it - Unity uses between 2.8 and 3.7 GB of VRAM no matter what your settings are. You can try using only FXAA anti-aliasing and setting your texture quality to low to help with the VRAM, also lower your resolution to 800 x 600 or 1280 x 720 but beyond that, you're just not equipped to play a game a like this. You'll want to look into a GeForce GTX card in the future for playing games instead of using a professional grade Quadro GPU

Couldn't of said it better, :rolleyes:

The GTX 980 ti is a good high end card which could easily play syndicate on max.

TaylorBlakeH
02-05-2016, 10:50 PM
Couldn't of said it better, :rolleyes:

The GTX 980 ti is a good high end card which could easily play syndicate on max.

I personally feel though, that a 980 Ti is WAY too much to ask to play a AAA title that otherwise runs fine on $350 consoles.... The card alone is $650!!! I actually am wanting to get rid of my two 970's for a 980 Ti so I don't have to deal with this SLI nonsense anymore... No one seems to support it anymore.