PDA

View Full Version : Lessening bullet tracer lines??

Master_Of_Horse
03-16-2004, 12:28 AM
It's always seemed to me that the bullet traces from the aircraft are overheavy and unrealistic, those thick grey lines just don't do it for me. Is there a way to change the config. or something to make the tracer lines less heavy and less visible???

Master_Of_Horse
03-16-2004, 12:28 AM
It's always seemed to me that the bullet traces from the aircraft are overheavy and unrealistic, those thick grey lines just don't do it for me. Is there a way to change the config. or something to make the tracer lines less heavy and less visible???

Dmitri9mm
03-16-2004, 12:34 AM
Hooray!
Someone has picked up my old (and only) whining topic.
I couldn't agree more, when I'm flying the Bf 109, I'm allmost completely blind when shooting. Not only by the extreme muzzleflashes, but mostly by the tracers.
Funny thing is that the extreme tracer-smoke only aplies to some types of ammunition. The .50 cal. has less smoke and actually looks ok, so there is no excuse for not changing this.

tenmmike
03-16-2004, 12:41 AM
im not 100% convinced the tracer lines are over mod, altough i think they might be ,,the only real over mod is the muzell flash which is what we are seeing day is what we should see at night ..its a known bug and will not be fixed. so me must move on and just forget it ,oleg says he wont fix as the code is huge,and he knows its off but its not worth the time ( its much more involved then us non modelers can imagine

http://www.2-60inf.com/2-60_crest.gif U.S INFANTRY 1984-1991

Samuel5093
03-16-2004, 12:53 AM
I don't really know if the tracers are overmodeled. When you look at some guncamera footage(real one) you) you sometimes see the real heavy ammo. But rarely. I agree that some types of ammo are a little overmodeled but that doesn't realy disturb me. Except the Fw-190. Jeez, what a muzzle flash and smoke!!! But I don't fly it, I like the BF-109E better. Jabo campaign rulezzz

73GIAP_Milan
03-16-2004, 08:13 AM
I think the tracers are highly overmodeled in shape ingame....i think they should be more like the ones found in B17 Flying Fortress and Medal of Honor Allied Assault.
As i've seen extensive footage of guncams in videos i posess, it think that these come more close to real than il2/fb+++ offers..only the smoketrails of the cannons seem right to me...

But like the I-16's tracers, the green flashes...damn..it looks more like a lasershow..and some weapons do show way too much tracers, while others seem to show too less...

quite odd, but i live with it http://ubbxforums.ubi.com/images/smiley/16x16_smiley-wink.gif

Regards,

Der Tote Baron a.k.a. SK_Black_Knight....