PDA

View Full Version : Installation problem - says Code is already Activated

teofilos2003
01-30-2016, 09:39 PM
Hi - I need to place a maybe silly question for all of you experienced in gaming: It's our 1st time buying a uplay game (not for me --> children...). We started installation and we were into the 5th dvd for the game itself (Assassin's Creed Syndicate) and for some reason one of the kids did something and stopped the installation.

I tried to start it again but on first steps uplay wrote that the code is already activated (yes to us it refers) BUT the game itself is not installed yet.!

I try to look into the dvds to find a file to continue the installation of the game itself but I can't get anything clear. I even tried to unistall all previously installed things (uplay) but same happens. Please provide some assistance (we already send a question via our Uplay newly created account)

andynaruto10
01-30-2016, 11:12 PM
I didn't buy AC Syndicate, but I bought the previous AC games, and as far as I know, you first install the game, and then Uplay launches and asks for the CD-KEY.
Please check on your Uplay account if Syndicate is on the Game List. If it's not, then click on Activate Product and redeem it. If you really can't install the game from the DVDs, try downloading it from Uplay.
But I think there's no way why it shouldn't work. If you redeem a code once, then anytime you want to reinstall the game, it will automatically see that you already have it redeem on your Uplay account.

teofilos2003
01-31-2016, 09:53 AM
I didn't buy AC Syndicate, but I bought the previous AC games, and as far as I know, you first install the game, and then Uplay launches and asks for the CD-KEY.
Please check on your Uplay account if Syndicate is on the Game List. If it's not, then click on Activate Product and redeem it. If you really can't install the game from the DVDs, try downloading it from Uplay.
But I think there's no way why it shouldn't work. If you redeem a code once, then anytime you want to reinstall the game, it will automatically see that you already have it redeem on your Uplay account.

Thanks for the reply - we will now start trying to learn what reedem is and how one can do this. We obviously get into the gaming world ...

YazX_
01-31-2016, 01:40 PM
Thanks for the reply - we will now start trying to learn what reedem is and how one can do this. We obviously get into the gaming world ...

well you were not wrong, in old days where internet was not wide spread, we used to have a serial number/code with the game installation discs that you can use as much as you want and the game cannot be installed without entering it everytime within the installer, but now things changed and everything got connected, you get a code and this code is unique and should be redeemed online using the game publisher platform (in this case its UPlay), now once this code is redeemed, the game will be listed under your games and bound permanently with the account you redeemed it from, you don't need DVDs to install but its good to have if you have slow internet connection as you just install it directly from discs (15-20 mins) rather than waiting for hours to download, however, you can download and delete it anytime from UPlay, this how things shifted from the old days.

teofilos2003
02-01-2016, 05:25 PM
Thanks all for posting
I feel a bit silly to go on asking - but I'm new in all this
So. I did logged in uplay and looked into games - I had nothing in there
So I went to Shop (only other choice available) and looked up the game
TRied both with PC and PC donwload options and pressed BUY
Under the game picture there was a "Click here to Reedem" --> I clicked and in the box that was there I put the activation code of the game
The answer I got back is that the promo code I am providing is wrong

So ? HOW am I supposed to redeem?

YazX_
02-02-2016, 09:11 PM
Thanks all for posting
I feel a bit silly to go on asking - but I'm new in all this
So. I did logged in uplay and looked into games - I had nothing in there
So I went to Shop (only other choice available) and looked up the game
TRied both with PC and PC donwload options and pressed BUY
Under the game picture there was a "Click here to Reedem" --> I clicked and in the box that was there I put the activation code of the game
The answer I got back is that the promo code I am providing is wrong

So ? HOW am I supposed to redeem?

here is how:

http://s23.postimg.org/nikas4fy3/Capture.jpg

Once you activate the code, the game will appear under your Games, so navigate to "Games" afterwards, click on it, and then hit the "Download" Button and follow the wizard.

teofilos2003
02-05-2016, 07:26 PM
here is how:

http://s23.postimg.org/nikas4fy3/Capture.jpg

Once you activate the code, the game will appear under your Games, so navigate to "Games" afterwards, click on it, and then hit the "Download" Button and follow the wizard.

I believe this is exactly what I am doing and this is what I see in games:
http://teogaming.blogspot.gr/2016/02/problem-1.html

:mad: to this whole thing

Jessigirl2013
02-05-2016, 07:34 PM
Had this issue with brotherhood after buying from amazon, had no help from support.
I just gave up and digitally rebought the game.:rolleyes:

YazX_
02-06-2016, 10:43 AM
I believe this is exactly what I am doing and this is what I see in games:

:mad: to this whole thing

since you tried to activate it multiple times, are you sure it was not activated with another account?!

if that's the case and you are sure you are logging in with the same account everytime and all your activation retries happened with that same account then please contact Ubisoft Support, link is in my signature, attach a proof of purchase like a receipt and CD Key image from the box and you should get your issue resolved.