PDA

View Full Version : Be you Assassin or Templar, prepare yourself for the inevitable unthinkable truce

Sorrosyss
01-30-2016, 05:53 PM
[Note: Few spoilers from Black Flag, Unity, and Syndicate follows]

Whilst they may have gone by different names, the Assassin and Templar orders have existed since the end of the First Civilization. Originally the debate raged as to what to do with the Pieces of Eden. The Templars wanted to use their power. The Assassins felt it was too much for the world to handle, and hid them away.

Fast forward 75,000~ years, and the invisible war still rages on. Still on a similar theme, it is now broadly of order versus chaos. Compliance versus freedom. Like the Yin and Yang, whilst one side may dominate the other, they will never be able to eradicate the other as humanity itself responds in kind to any extremes. You need only look at major democratic events, or revolutions for your evidence. Simply put, the two orders need each other for the greater balance and betterment of the human race. As with Light and Dark, by definition one cannot exist without the other.

This is the situation we find ourselves in today in the Present Day story. Despite everything, the two sides continue their division in a perpetual unending cycle. But what if another cycle was to repeat itself?

The Juno plotline has dragged on for several titles now. But the ending of Syndicate firmly put Juno and the Isu back at the forefront of what we should expect to see next. We know what Juno's feelings towards humanity are, and the Instruments of the First Will are blindly enabling her return.

In the time of the Isu, humanity was lead by Eve, and despite a long and bitter war humanity was eventually victorious. Juno's father was killed in the conflict, and her distaste for humanity has lingered since even before she was imprisoned in the Grand Temple. We know now that in the time of the First Civilization she transferred her conciousness digitally thanks to the work of the scientist Consus. Originally she had planned to create a synthetic body, one with which could withstand the powerful minds of the Isu after death, but the experiments on her husband Aita ultimately failed. However, she did manage to pass on portions of his DNA within the human race, allowing for Aita to be reborn from time to time as a Sage. With each Sage, the Instruments of the First Will would again be lead to the day that Juno may return to them.

As you all know, in 2012 Juno was finally released from the Grand Temple as a digital entity. Escaping via the nodes and networks of the world, she managed to disguise herself and slowly began to take on board the knowledge of humanity. The Templar obsession with Pieces of Eden was what eventually resulted in the Grand Temple being discovered, which was always Juno's plan. But how she could return to the physical world, that was something else.

In Black Flag, we see that Aita planned for her to move across into a human body. But as Juno herself stated, human bodies are far too fragile for her to be contained within. Shortly after this point, Abstergo started to obsess over the idea of sequencing Precursor DNA, perhaps again guided by the Instruments of the First Will. Calling it the Phoenix Project, it once again deals with the theme of rebirth. It cannot have escaped people either, that Juno appears as a Phoenix to Connor in AC3. The symbolism is pretty overstated.

By the time of Unity, we see that Juno has successfully started to attack and override Abstergo and other security systems throughout the world. Utilising the Grey, she argues that humanity should seek the future within the digital space. What this actually is doing is adding to her conciousness, and increasing her knowledge, thus making her exponentially a larger threat by the day. But as she states within Unity, she wants to rebuild her race, and whilst humanity may succumb to the allure of the Grey prison, she still plans to return to the physical realm.

Thus we come to the time of Syndicate. We now know that Violet da Costa was an Instrument all along, which makes her position on Sigma team of great interest. Charged with locating Pieces of Eden, Juno now has a good idea of where to locate varied precursor weapons and items that will help rebuild her world, including the hidden twelve (believed to be the original 12 apples launched into orbit).

Juno chose to pay particular attention to the Shroud, due to it's abiility to completely reconstruct DNA. As Alvaro says, he no longer needs to create an Isu clone, he can simply build a body from scratch. And thus the pathway to Juno's return is clear. As she repeatedly stated that flesh bodies were weak, and that the original plan for Aita was a synthetic body, you can see that the same approach is being applied here. If Abstergo can reverse engineer the healing element of the Shroud within the synthetic body, Juno would have an immortal body to once again walk the earth with. From there it is a simple step to bringing back Aita, and the rest of her race, shaped in her new image. The Grey has always been a control mechanism of her usage, and as she has often stated humanity should stay in their place as slaves. Her push for humanity to join her there is a distraction from the true reality.

How then does humanity stop her? Well the Templars are pretty much complicit with this scheme, without their own knowledge, thus it again turns to the Assassins to lead the way. We know that the Koh-i-noor can harness the power of all Pieces of Eden, and one must presume likely would damage Juno's new body. It can only be wielded by a female, and presumably one with high precursor DNA. In my view the obvious answer would be Galina Voronina, or perhaps Charlotte de la Cruz, but the Assassins may also be looking for a way to bring back Eve to once again lead the fight against Juno.

The Assassins cannot do this alone though. To fight a war against a technologically advanced race they need resources, and theirs is dwindling having recently survived a near purge by the Templars. Ironically they must turn to their bitter enemy for the ability to take the fight to Juno.

The enemy of my enemy is my friend.

The cycle repeats. Isu versus humanity. Juno versus Eve. Templar versus Assassin.

With the return of the Isu, humanity must once more band together to defeat this new threat. As unthinkable as it is, a truce between the Assassins and Templars must happen. Before we are all "saved".

http://i.imgur.com/2h4D8Xe.png

VoldR
01-30-2016, 11:48 PM
Don't worry, after handling Juno and what else, they'll be back at each other throats.

Especially if old surviving members with grudges still lives to pass on their grudges...

jellejackhammer
01-31-2016, 01:08 PM
Minerva and Jupiter. What Role would they play out? I refuse to believe that their story is done. They are bound to return to face juno. The question i have though is this: what with ac if juno is defeated? Will that be the end of the games or Will it continue? Is it from a moral perspective possible to keep the truce?

henne-kei
01-31-2016, 08:45 PM
Minerva and Jupiter. What Role would they play out? I refuse to believe that their story is done. They are bound to return to face juno. The question i have though is this: what with ac if juno is defeated? Will that be the end of the games or Will it continue? Is it from a moral perspective possible to keep the truce?

Arent's these two kinda dead? IIRC, they were just holograms.

Assassins and Templars will just try to fight each other again. Maybe not this generation but it will begin anew. After all, they did have some truces during some times.

cawatrooper9
02-01-2016, 05:12 PM
Arent's these two kinda dead? IIRC, they were just holograms.

Right. It's kind of confusing, but they're basically prerecorded holograms filmed outside of their normal time, if I understand it correctly. They were basically looking and communicating with the future, and their holograms manifested themselves in that way.

That being said, I guess it's possible that they might make contact again.

Assassins and Templars will just try to fight each other again. Maybe not this generation but it will begin anew. After all, they did have some truces during some times.
Oh yeah, they two are way to diametrically opposed. There might be some truces, but nothing can ever be permanent.