PDA

View Full Version : Going ROGUE For Defending Your Self

BIGJERM724
01-29-2016, 12:41 AM
I know this isn't just for Xbox but since we got this beta first I wanna see if other people agree

I'm having a really hard time I don't like going rogue. What I don't get how can someone fire on you making them rogue and when you fire back and kill them your the bad guy. Then your rogue and someone comes behind you and kills you because they think you just killed that guy and went rogue its bull crap. You are a division agent so how come when these childish people can't get their own loot so they are rogue and your not they shoot you and then you kill them your rogue. That crap has to change I know I'm not the only person. Don't get me wrong I like hunting down rogue agents but you shouldn't become rogue because your defending your self or group. There got to be away to program if they shoot you their bullets register as rogue and then you react you shouldn't go rogue.

RDNKB34R
01-29-2016, 01:05 AM
I know this isn't just for Xbox but since we got this beta first I wanna see if other people agree

I'm having a really hard time I don't like going rogue. What I don't get how can someone fire on you making them rogue and when you fire back and kill them your the bad guy. Then your rogue and someone comes behind you and kills you because they think you just killed that guy and went rogue its bull crap. You are a division agent so how come when these childish people can't get their own loot so they are rogue and your not they shoot you and then you kill them your rogue. That crap has to change I know I'm not the only person. Don't get me wrong I like hunting down rogue agents but you shouldn't become rogue because your defending your self or group. There got to be away to program if they shoot you their bullets register as rogue and then you react you shouldn't go rogue.

Yeah I've been through this a lot today and it sucks ***.

xBuTcHeRx
01-29-2016, 08:32 AM
Hopefully this gets fixed on final release.

richardjgreen
01-29-2016, 10:13 AM
Agreed on that. I was playing last night and I was hunting rogue agents then going rogue myself. You shouldn't become rogue yourself if you are either attacking a rogue or defending yourself against a rogue. If anything, killing a rogue should reduce your rogue-ness not increase it.

LK x Sleepy
01-29-2016, 10:48 AM
also really dumb and they should fix how i get shot at nd the guy doesn't go rouge until I'm one shot nd when i fire back in self defense i go rouge should really fix this

EL11TE
01-29-2016, 11:18 AM
Agree totally, should only go rogue if you start the fight

butterslices0
01-29-2016, 11:31 AM

Actually if you play a bit more you will see the mechanics are spot on.

When you get hit by a non rogue player their health bar goes red to warn you which fire team shot at you. If they do 'enough' damage they go full rogue. I assume this is because occasionally you will hit a nonR by accident.

When you are getting hit by a rogue you can return fire and kill them without being flagged yourself HOWEVER having now maxed out all gear and levels in the dark zone I can give you the following things I've noted.

1) The most common cause for going rogue yourself when shooting at rogues is because their timer runs out. As long as they don't return fire at you, their rogue timer will continue to zero. When it reaches zero and you're still shooting at them, you will be flagged as rogue if you do enough damage.

2) We 'spoof' other players. One of us charges an enemy (us as nonR) shooting AROUND them. We can hit them once or twice for effect. They think they are under full attack, shoot us back properly and get marked as rogue while we do not. We then kill them!

3) In a big firefight with more than 5 or 6 players, things can get hectic. You're blasting away at rogues when another team enters the fight. It can get a big manic and it's easy to hit a nonR, flagging you as rogues yourself.

4) Someone on your team shoots a nonR. This happened A LOT yesterday! After all we want to have fun. One of us is merrily doing jumping jacks with a passerby and a fire team member executes them from behind. It's fun, especially when you all claim it wasn't you! Chances are it WAS someone in your team and they just don't want to admit it :)

Hope that helps.

Rival Son
01-29-2016, 12:11 PM

When you get hit by a non rogue player their health bar goes red to warn you which fire team shot at you. If they do 'enough' damage they go full rogue. I assume this is because occasionally you will hit a nonR by accident.

When you are getting hit by a rogue you can return fire and kill them without being flagged yourself HOWEVER having now maxed out all gear and levels in the dark zone I can give you the following things I've noted.

1) The most common cause for going rogue yourself when shooting at rogues is because their timer runs out. As long as they don't return fire at you, their rogue timer will continue to zero. When it reaches zero and you're still shooting at them, you will be flagged as rogue if you do enough damage.

2) We 'spoof' other players. One of us charges an enemy (us as nonR) shooting AROUND them. We can hit them once or twice for effect. They think they are under full attack, shoot us back properly and get marked as rogue while we do not. We then kill them!

3) In a big firefight with more than 5 or 6 players, things can get hectic. You're blasting away at rogues when another team enters the fight. It can get a big manic and it's easy to hit a nonR, flagging you as rogues yourself.

4) Someone on your team shoots a nonR. This happened A LOT yesterday! After all we want to have fun. One of us is merrily doing jumping jacks with a passerby and a fire team member executes them from behind. It's fun, especially when you all claim it wasn't you! Chances are it WAS someone in your team and they just don't want to admit it :)

Hope that helps.

Spot on mate. I think its balanced pretty well. And once there are more PVE areas to explore and loot, it will all make sense so that if you dont like players, you can just not go into the darkness zone.

wonkey1382
01-29-2016, 12:45 PM
Yesterday me and my teammate were defending an extraction point from AI, I have a heavy machine gun which does 2.7k damage. But a guy from another team was shooting behind me, so when he moved to cover while shooting, he hit me a couple of times and it showed that he gone rogue. Which isnt really fair, I recommend putting some menu down when you hit somone by saying "Do you want to be a rogue" and then hit Y or something to activate rogue mode. Because he went rogue, and my partner came to my location and saw the rogue behind me, and opened fire. Long story short, that guy got killed because he was made a target accidentally.

FanJesTic
01-29-2016, 01:00 PM

Hope that helps.

I don't think this works at all. Sometimes the Rogue status just seems to vanish into thin air. I was waiting for the extraction helicopter with three other guys and they shot me in the back when I was attaching my bag to the cable. I respawned and tried to get back to that location for some sweet revenge but their rogue status was gone which would have made me Rogue if I fired at them. I don't want to be rogue so I decided not to do it but they found me again and just straight up shot me again. After about 2 minutes they weren't rogue anymore.

I get that the rogue status should disappear rather quickly if you just shoot another player by accident (I'm really glad it does) but hell if you just kill multiple players in a row you should just remain rogue until someone kills you back, seems only fair.

PS. What's up with the feedback forum xD shouldn't it be online already? XD

Espirit De Corp
01-29-2016, 05:33 PM
I know exactly how you feel on this... Twice it happens that I got killed by a Rouge but when I came back for revenge their status was gone and I don't like going Rouge. But they had no problem with just letting all the bullets into me the second they saw me...
Second time I was fighting with a Rouge again but this time I had downed them but the moment before they went down, they turned normal and although I got the kill I didn't get the Rouge kill and I got marked. which several players behind me saw and Immediately killed me, so I didn't get the extra exp, money, or anything but I did get the respawn penalty and extra credit/exp loss...
I've also had a few "teammates" that decided to go Rouge and cause of them I ended up getting killed twice with a Rouge status...

In short I think they should make change it a bit or at least add some options like:

1. If you are attacking a Rouge their timer should pause so they don't run out as your hitting them. On a side note getting revenge on a Rouge player should be allowed even if they are no longer Rouge, but that's up for debate.

2.if you accidentally shoot a player there should be a yield thing so you can show players you had no intentions of hitting them, of course there would be a cool down for this as well as maybe a period where you can't damage players (Rouges excluded) for a few seconds as well, to prevent griefing. Also this can only be preformed in the first tier/level of being a Rouge to prevent high tier Rouges from getting a free pass.

3. If your team goes Rouge cause of one guy you should have the option to either leave the group, or as the group leader kick said player (perhaps a UI prompt for both). This will make you lose your rouge status, but make you yield, following the previous rule that you can't harm or be harmed for a set amount of time.

4. Though this is a stretch. Perhaps having a rank for eliminating Rouges such as a "Peace keeper" status or "Overwatch" status showing that they don't attack players unless they go Rouge. So they can be trusted to a point. Of course killing a player, and it has to be a down or kill, and going Rouge from this status is an instant max Rouge status.

Also on a side note that trying this when extracting to get a moment of "invincibility" won't work in that you can't interact with the extraction UI to prevent smart people from just triggering a Rouge status then quickly yielding to get that invincibility moment to safely transport gear.

I'm sure there are some ways this can all backfire in some way. And there are probably a lot better ways of doing it. But just seems unfair that you go Rouge for defending yourself, as some have said or trying to get some revenge.

mhobson
01-30-2016, 12:37 PM
If i'm playing the same game, It should pause your timer for roughly 10 seconds every time you get hit..

Simon Graymain
01-31-2016, 06:07 AM
I agree that there should be a revenge kill. There was a group that kept camping an extraction point. I play solo mostly and to keep them from killing me I took the initiative as they were running back to extracton and got flagged as rogue which brought the hunters down on me. Maybe even if it was timed for 5 minutes or so to get the revenge kill.

itsecman
01-31-2016, 07:38 PM
I think there is a bug here. I have been hit from behind and turned around to retrun fire on the rogue agent in view, only to become rogue myself. It was my understanding that you don't go rogue if firing on rogue agents.

Also, for the record, I tottaly disagree with your points 2 and 4. Might be fun for you, but not for the poor Sap you're picking on.