PDA

View Full Version : Unable to interact with Dark Zone Chests

ChainsawFisting
01-28-2016, 05:26 PM
As the title says I'm completely unable to interact with Dark zone chests of any kind. I get no prompt and they dont even appear interactable in the game. I've tried this with both the ones that should be openable at any point, as well as the rank-restricted ones and the ones requiring a key (obviously, i had a key the times i tried this). The only thing that happens is that with some of them I'll get a popup saying i need a key. Despite standing there with one.

Since then I've done a relog, I've rezoned the Dark Zone by joining and leaving a group and I've hard reset my Xbox one, neither of these things have changed anything. I have tried almost all the quarantine zones available in the DZ with this result.

Ubi-Stature
01-28-2016, 05:58 PM
Hi there, ChainsawFisting,

Thank you for reporting this and welcome to the forum!

Are you able to provide me with a video of this issue? This will help us look into the issue

ChainsawFisting
01-28-2016, 06:01 PM
I can try, but i don't own a capture card so what i can do is limited to the xbox ones regular gameclips. Will that do?

SF_FallenAfar
01-28-2016, 06:06 PM
i have been getting this but I assumed that they were just empty, Stature can you confirm if the boxes will always be there and just provide a open option if there is something to collect?

Ubi-Stature
01-28-2016, 06:18 PM
Hi there guys,

Xbox One game clips will be fine!

Additionally: After the boxes are opened they will remain persistent on the game map but they will not be selectable after the contents are retrieved.

oSuitIand
01-29-2016, 10:19 AM
I got over 15 Darkzone keys today and literally none of them worked . Also I'm not sure if this feature was removed but in the alpha you could see the DZ rank needed to open DZ boxes but thats gone please put it back so we are not aimlessly running around

nerdshow
01-29-2016, 10:38 AM
The first time I saw the loot boxes, the information was displayed letting me know that I didn't have the requirements to open them. The next time, no information was displayed. It wasn't until I had the required rank or a DZ Key could I then open the boxes and the requirements information was displayed.

LordAzrael0811
01-29-2016, 11:34 AM
I had the same problem occurring, the only note I will make that might be the same with you that wasn't mentioned is that the problem occurred in the 8 - 8 dark zone area, I could use the boxes and everything fine in the normal zone once I had reached DZ rank 10, after leveling up while waiting for my teammates to return when I entered the DZ again (in DZ zone 8 - 8) no boxes were available. There was also minimal, if any other players in the DZ.

UPDATE - After server maintenance problem seems resolved

Threezool
01-29-2016, 11:38 AM
I have noticed this to so a question is how are the chest supposed to look when used?

All of the chests that I were not able to interact with were closed, maybe let chests that has been used stay open and when they "respawn" they close?

Might be the best way to indicate if a chest contains loot or is empty.

Odd Breakfast
01-29-2016, 12:29 PM
Almost everyone is having the same issue.

Johnny_Mnumonic
01-29-2016, 01:15 PM
I've had this issue as welll. These things seem to be hit or miss sometimes. I accessed one on the first day , then have been unable to access any others at any location despite having keys as most of you are in the same situation. The only loot I have been able to pull from the DZ is drops from NPCs or actually buying it from a vendor. Any insight on this issue would be helpful from the devs. You guys have built a tremendous game. Would love to see this work as intended.

Faolan 01
01-29-2016, 02:15 PM
This is a huge issue with the dark zone. Me and a group of 3 spent 2 hours in the dark zone. 2 full hours of running around in the 8 - 8 bracket. And not a single lootable crate to be found. We went from land mark to land mark. Nothing but the acational eneny. We went from contaminated zone to conaminated zone. Again no lootable boxes. We did this for 2 full hours. And the only loot we got was from killing NPC's.

I don't know if the boxes where already looted, if its a game bug/glitch or what not. But man it sure is frustarting. 2 real hours just to run a round the entire dark zone and not find a single lootable box. If there on a respawn timer, then they need to lower the respawn time. Because it was a real snooze fest running around for no profit. Or make it so everyone can loot the same box.

saltysamX
01-29-2016, 03:01 PM
I have also run into this issue. I was able to loot the random item bags and pick up keys, but no DZ chests were showing the option to be opened. Just to make sure I was not just missing the chests being looted, I ran a big loop around a contaminated zone and saw no other players and the chest did not respawn. I ran it for at least an hour because it was close to an enemy spawn point. I got a lot of DZ XP and random drops from the enemies, but no chest.

Drunk Leprechun
01-29-2016, 03:39 PM
Almost everyone is having the same issue.

Im having the same issue no chest are working, not running into any encounters only loot im getting is from NPC's. Really annoying as im enjoying the game alot!!!

SirDgby
01-29-2016, 04:17 PM
My group spent 4 hours in DZ last night, didn't see any lootable chest (in the 4-7 DZ, levelled up all the way to DZ 12)

killa552
01-29-2016, 11:44 PM
I've had the same issue with Dark Zone chests. Once I hit level 8, the Dark Zone chests for that level were unable to be interacted with, as well as any other chests that previously showed up as available to be interacted with. If an Ubisoft staff needs a video of some sort, they can message me on Xbox and I'll reply promptly, as well as getting any information I can provide with the game. I've used Dark Zone chests prior and other people have been dropping items as well, which there's no server issues at all and there is no problem whatsoever with the game itself as I have no lag on my end. I've tried an instance of two and three people in my party but none work at all. Other team members Had the same issue, which I'm unsure why.

SEC9_Kage
01-29-2016, 11:46 PM
I had the same problem occurring, the only note I will make that might be the same with you that wasn't mentioned is that the problem occurred in the 8 - 8 dark zone area, I could use the boxes and everything fine in the normal zone once I had reached DZ rank 10, after leveling up while waiting for my teammates to return when I entered the DZ again (in DZ zone 8 - 8) no boxes were available. There was also minimal, if any other players in the DZ.

This is still a problem. Every crate that has a notification that a DZ Key is required won't let me or my friends open them or even interact with them. In the alpha I at least was told I don't have a key.

Killin Zone
01-30-2016, 01:17 AM
Having the exact same issue.

cuddles4pennies
01-30-2016, 01:54 AM
me and my friends are having problems with this, after i reached darkzone rank 10 they just stopped glowing and couldn't interact with any of them, neither can i interact with the chests that require darkzone keys :/

RaveGreg
01-30-2016, 05:26 AM
Was able to open chests yesterday but none today, camped chests for almost an hour with no change. Tried re-logging but with no effect all my friends are having the same issue,

Falchion_Sensei
01-30-2016, 05:42 AM
I've had the same problems as everyone else but today I finally, FINALLY found a chest to open with a Dark Zone key! I know what they look like and where to look but 99% of the time it seems like you can't interact with them. I got two greens and $DZ 1000.

I wonder if the restock rate is exceptionally high for the beta? Dunno. It's definitely feels like something is wrong.

Thr33ofSwords
01-30-2016, 06:50 AM
Same problems others have described. I had 6 keys when I realized that I wasn't seeing chests like I did in the alpha. Decided to sit next to the chest underground in the train station under the steps for 15 minutes. Enemies spawned on me and I took them out. Left area after 15 minutes and came back to check the chest, but no luck. Waited 30 minutes next to chest in hidden area up the ladder near the top-left TZ entry point. Doesn't seem to work either. I now have 8 keys and hung around the chest in the alley on the far bottom right for 50 minutes (killing two waves on spawning enemies in that time) and this time did not leave the chest. Still nothing. Unless the timers are over an hour between being able to loot a chest then it seems like a bigger problem. Hope this helps!

ONCEAPILGRIM
01-30-2016, 08:43 AM
Visited all the quarantine chests and chests known from the Alpha and I can't interact with any of them. All my friends experiencing the same thing. Making the Dark Zone a bit redundant. Least you can still use DZ credits to buy from the vendors. Used to get awesome items from these chests. Didn't have this problem in the Alpha. Level 8 DZ level 12

FR4NCO
01-30-2016, 10:40 AM
i have already put maybe 15/24 hrs into this game and not one chest in DZ 8-8 has been lootable.

Strikade72
01-30-2016, 11:03 AM
Same here. What's up Ubisoft?

teflon skull
01-30-2016, 12:30 PM
It kind of seems like a bug. For instance, if you go into the locked room in the Hospital mission, there is a chest in the level 2 contaminated zone. I looted it. Later, I did another replay. When running to the box again, I could see the white interact highlight as I approached. But, when I got in front of it and to the sides, the white outline is gone and could not interact with it. Happened again on a third play through. I've seen the same thing on a dark zone chest as I approached and was unable to interact with it. But mostly, they have all been inaccessible for me. I have not looted a single dark zone key to my knowledge and I definitely have not opened any dark zone chests. Only thing I've opened in the dark zone are those gun case looking ones that give you division tech in blue and green quality.

SEC9_Kage
01-30-2016, 11:34 PM
No chests here are showing for me. They dont even show up on map, I know where some are located, I go to them, they are there, but am not able to interact with it AT ALL... Doesnt give me a notification. The boss crates that require a DZ key, Which I know I have because there are showing in my inventory, doesnt even let me interact with them. Neither can any of the other 3 friends in my group.

Last night some opened for my team, and some told me I didn't have a key when I was out. But the majority were blank with no feedback. If this is not a bug, but by design, I would suggest they make the crate open to signify it is empty until the condition for re-looting the chest is met (like the enemies respawn or whatever). Otherwise we are all wasting our time.

teflon skull
01-31-2016, 02:31 AM
Last night some opened for my team, and some told me I didn't have a key when I was out. But the majority were blank with no feedback. If this is not a bug, but by design, I would suggest they make the crate open to signify it is empty until the condition for re-looting the chest is met (like the enemies respawn or whatever). Otherwise we are all wasting our time.

It does not seem consistent. Last night I was playing in a group and had a group member open a couple. Right before they opened one, I was looking at it. I could not interact with it. The loot was shared with the group (dz money...everyone got the same). I had solo cleared the named mob and other mobs at those sights before and could not access then either. I had keys. There has to be more too it. I haven't been able to interact with one yet. And, not all are placed in areas where mobs spawn. I know one that's in a contaminated area from when I saw it in alpha. I run to it now and then. No interaction.

SEC9_Kage
01-31-2016, 03:30 AM
It does not seem consistent. Last night I was playing in a group and had a group member open a couple. Right before they opened one, I was looking at it. I could not interact with it. The loot was shared with the group (dz money...everyone got the same). I had solo cleared the named mob and other mobs at those sights before and could not access then either. I had keys. There has to be more too it. I haven't been able to interact with one yet. And, not all are placed in areas where mobs spawn. I know one that's in a contaminated area from when I saw it in alpha. I run to it now and then. No interaction.

I watched Arrekz's video earlier and then went to all 5 known DZ crates. I cleared enemy encounters in two locations by myself, the other three had no NPCs. None of the chests were active for me. Very frustrating.

Old_Mufasa
01-31-2016, 08:47 AM
Well 1st day I was able to use keys.. today after 4 hours in the DZ not one chest was lootable....

Odd that this started happening right when players started learing to hack/sxploit the game.. we have had a slew of invisable players and people getting inside of building that your not supposed to be able to get in and shootng you through the walls.

UnhorsedHawk89
01-31-2016, 10:31 AM
went to every chest possible with my brother but could do nothing with them. compared to 2 days ago when I needed DZ rank 10

itsecman
01-31-2016, 07:45 PM
I must have been really unlucky. When I wasn't a high enough rank to interact with chests, I could see them and the rank required to open them. When I reached a high enough rank, I could not see any that could be interacted with and I never found any keys.:(

Crypt-
01-31-2016, 07:55 PM
I had this happen as well. I spent the better part of 8 hours yesterday playing and for the majority (almost entirety) was not able to open any chests (or any lootable items for that matter) in the DZ. I was able to get it reset once by logging out and restarting the game.

It seems as though the chests are only able to be looted ONCE per server. So basically once you get onto a brand new server (when you get a migration and are lucky) or there's a server reset, they are lootable. After that, nothing. Seems like the respawn isn't set up yet.

kingofjamaica
01-31-2016, 09:06 PM
I had this happen as well. I spent the better part of 8 hours yesterday playing and for the majority (almost entirety) was not able to open any chests (or any lootable items for that matter) in the DZ. I was able to get it reset once by logging out and restarting the game.

It seems as though the chests are only able to be looted ONCE per server. So basically once you get onto a brand new server (when you get a migration and are lucky) or there's a server reset, they are lootable. After that, nothing. Seems like the respawn isn't set up yet.

I really wish a developer would come on here and explain how those chests work so I can determine if it's even worth my time caring about this game.

SEC9_Kage
01-31-2016, 09:20 PM
I really wish a developer would come on here and explain how those chests work so I can determine if it's even worth my time caring about this game.

Maybe we missed, it, but it's not in the Beta FAQ or the awesome PDF they released for the beta. It would be nice if they spoke about this on an official level.

teflon skull
01-31-2016, 09:40 PM
And now, today, I opened maybe 3 DZ chests and had the opportunity for 2 more with no keys to do so.

It does seem it's associated with killing the named mobs near the chest when getting a chance to open. But, it's far from a given. Even soloing the areas does not guarantee being able to open them it seems.

Anghya
01-31-2016, 10:23 PM
Maybe it is associated somehow, but bugged. I killed yellow named enemies near the chests solo (in the subway), with another player outside the group (south end of DZ), another in group (north end of DZ) and nothing worked. Unable to open any chest on level 8/12.

gamer36097
01-31-2016, 11:05 PM
Every time I look at a Dark Zone Chest it shows on the map that I am able to loot it, but When I walk up to the chest I am unable to open it.
This only started to happen to me after I got loot out of my first one.

QuestionAnswers
02-02-2016, 03:23 PM

Same

Jonny_foreign3r
02-02-2016, 03:52 PM
Same here. If this isn't a bug but due to a timer that triggers after the chest has been looted then that needs looking at. I only saw chests that couldn't be opened and I have 20 hours in the beta and know where all 5 chests are. I checked them after killing the boss and getting a key, checked them when I was in the area, checked them as soon as I spawned in, checked them before I left. I never saw an option to open one.

SupaSkrub
02-02-2016, 05:32 PM
This was an issue for myself and team mates also, i've lost count of how many chests i tried to open and not once in the many hours i spent in the DZ did i have success (and i always had keys), the chests themselves gave no indication of actually being lootable (ie didnt change appearance when close to them, as you get with other crates etc that can be opened).

hlmcpherson
02-02-2016, 05:47 PM
i opened one in the sport store. got two greens. meh...

teflon skull
02-02-2016, 05:59 PM
i opened one in the sport store. got two greens. meh...
Same, always greens for the most part. But, I ended up teaming with a player I randomly met. Every chest he opened, blues. I just kept pointing them out for him to open. Though, I didn't really need anymore blues.

PR0TENTlAL
02-02-2016, 06:49 PM
Also experienced this issue last night with a friend. Had DZ rank 12, about 7 DZ keys and killed all enemies in the vicinity and couldn't open any of the chests.

Whisppered
02-02-2016, 09:17 PM
I had the issue after Day one. The first day in the Dark Zone I saw chests with lvl requirements that were beyond my lvl. (8 and 10) Once I had some keys I saw the message tip about using keys but in spending maybe 4 hours per day in the beta I was able to get one chest with a key (the one in the dead end ally near korea town I think it was) and one non-key chest south of the safehouse. I had over 15 keys at some points and played the DZ quite a bit.

I did see someone mention that it seemed to happen after the hit 8-8. That seems to track with my how it worked for me as well. Access to chest issues started after I hit lvl 8 non-DZ rank.