PDA

View Full Version : PC Far Cry 3 will not launch, error on startup after splash screen

Hairy_Tea8ags
01-27-2016, 01:03 PM
Hi guys

Just decided to install this while I wait for The Division, only trouble it I can't get the game to launch. I get the spash screen, then I just get kicked out to desktop with a "Far Cry 3 stopped responding" error message.

I'm using Windows 10
AMD 390 Crossfire latest Crimson Drivers
16GB RAM
I7 @ 4.6GHz

Any ideas?

Daniel_Madrid19
02-02-2016, 10:44 PM
I got a crash after splash screen, i don't know if you're getting the same problem.

Mine is:
Alienware mx17
Windows 10
i7 2.4ghz (3.4ghz turbo)
16gb RAM
nVidia GTX 860M

Maybe the problem is Windows 10.

Before press the Submit button i think i've found a way to make it work:

Go to "C:\Program Files (x86)\Ubisoft\Ubisoft Game Launcher\games\Far Cry 3\bin"
Right click the "farcry3_d3d11.exe" file and click properties
Go to Compatibility tab, check the first checkbox and select Windows 7

If when you start the game it show a message from steam overlay (i dont remember the exact message but it has a checkbox to hide the next time), just check that checkbox to avoid the Steam overlay.

Now i've to find the way to change the languaje to spanish...

Greetings!!

LemurTB
02-05-2016, 03:51 PM
Hi guys

Just decided to install this while I wait for The Division, only trouble it I can't get the game to launch. I get the spash screen, then I just get kicked out to desktop with a "Far Cry 3 stopped responding" error message.

I'm using Windows 10
AMD 390 Crossfire latest Crimson Drivers
16GB RAM
I7 @ 4.6GHz

Any ideas?

I am running Windows 10 and just got FC3 from the Humble Bundle sale with The Division. The game would crash immediately after the splash screen. The other user's suggestion on here didn't work because I didn't have a compatibility tab. Instead, I right clicked on the farcry3_d3d11 file and clicked on "troubleshoot compatibility" and that trouble shooting wizard fixed it!

NightSlayerDV
02-16-2016, 03:10 AM
This did not work for me. I have tried it with every compatibility setting there is on my computer, have reinstalled multiple times, verified multiple times. Is there anything else anyone can think of or does anyone still have the same problems??

WID992007
02-16-2016, 03:31 AM
try Drivers yet guys ?

1 . if you have an Nvidia GPU it has a bug in the 361.75 driver set

if shadow play is enabled several games will crash on launch ..fix = Disable Nvidia shadow play or use the drivers from December version 361.43

AMD cards are worse

they busted the game with the 15.11 drivers and the game would fail to launch ,

the fix USE WQHL drivers or the AMD 15.10 beta drivers

it may also fail with the 16.1.1 Hotfix AMD drivers the fix = disable the AMD gameing Evolved in game overlay thats even in the damned release notes for that driver

http://support.amd.com/en-us/kb-articles/Pages/AMD-Radeon-Software-Crimson-Edition-16.1.1-Hotfix-Release-Notes.aspx

Known Issues

[82387] A few game titles may fail to launch or crash if the Gaming Evolved overlay is enabled. A temporary workaround is to disable the AMD Gaming Evolved "In Game Overlay"

NightSlayerDV
02-27-2016, 04:42 PM
Sadly this didn't work for me either but thanks, WID992007. I did notice that Far Cry 3 stopped working after a Nvidia update. Is there any more detail you could provide for this. Maybe I missed a step or did something wrong. I went on the website for Nvidia, downloaded the driver that you stated (361.43) and beleive i disabled Nvidia shadow play (how is that done?). When I installed the new driver I did a custom installation and a clean install to get rid of any changes to settings I may have made. Thanks for the help, I beleive this is the right path to getting my game back!

WID992007
02-27-2016, 05:55 PM
make sure you close all backround applications see solution #4 here

http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/739489-PC-Win7-8-vista-Solutions-gt-Far-Cry3-Has-Stopped-Responding

NightSlayerDV
03-03-2016, 03:52 AM
make sure you close all backround applications see solution #4 here

http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/739489-PC-Win7-8-vista-Solutions-gt-Far-Cry3-Has-Stopped-Responding

Thank you so much #4 did not work for me but #2 did. You are my savior!!