PDA

View Full Version : I am about to upgrade my computer - should I wait?

sledgehammer2
04-01-2004, 09:22 AM
I do not want to wait, I posted a thread at the FB site asking about components and I have gotten some good suggestions on what I should have built. There is so much in FB/AEP that I cannot enjoy because of my low end system, so I really want to move ahead with an upgrade, but I want it to be good for P.F. too.

And BTW, seeing these guys do a Pacific thing is a dream come true for me!! Thanks for any help.
sledgehammer2

Remember Peleliu 1944

sledgehammer2
04-01-2004, 09:22 AM
I do not want to wait, I posted a thread at the FB site asking about components and I have gotten some good suggestions on what I should have built. There is so much in FB/AEP that I cannot enjoy because of my low end system, so I really want to move ahead with an upgrade, but I want it to be good for P.F. too.

And BTW, seeing these guys do a Pacific thing is a dream come true for me!! Thanks for any help.
sledgehammer2

Remember Peleliu 1944

LEXX_Luthor
04-01-2004, 09:41 AM
Yes, get new soon if you wish, but think of something that can be upgraded in future especially after BoB is releaced.

Talk to tsisqua about AMD64, he likes it over the FB.

Not sure though if AMD64 is good to buy now cos they say soon the future versions will be more upgradable in the future.

If all you can afford to buy is ATI 9200 video card, that's okay I just upgraded to 9200 (non~SE version) and its astonishing improvement for me, but I will Conform to Society and upgrade to 9800 Ultra too--when their price drops below 100$.

-- also FB is the only computer game I play so I can get away with staying a year or two behind the gaming culture.

sledgehammer2
04-01-2004, 09:57 AM
My plan is to get the ATI Pro 9800. The rest of it I am still sorting out.

Remember Peleliu 1944

tsisqua
04-01-2004, 02:18 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by sledgehammer2:
My plan is to get the ATI Pro 9800. The rest of it I am still sorting out.

Remember Peleliu 1944<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I am still waiting on my 9800 Pro. It should come tomorrow.
And, yes, I am now an avid AMD64 fan. I am, however, staying away from XP64 until there is a good version out. On Home XP, this thing is amazing, and if I had to run it this way from here on out, I would still be happy.

Tsisqua

http://server5.uploadit.org/files/tsisqua-nedChristie.jpg
Tsalagi Asgaya Galvladi

FlipTrac_511
04-01-2004, 06:51 PM
Tsisqua, what was your spec before the AMD64?

Mitlov47
04-01-2004, 07:58 PM
Just remember, no longer how long you wait to upgrade your computer, it will STILL suddenly become "outdated" six weeks after you purchase it http://ubbxforums.ubi.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

---------------------------

P-63C -- "Jackie's Strength"
P-47D-27 -- "The Happy Phantom"

Eagerly awaiting the SBD Dauntless and F6F Hellcat.

tsisqua
04-01-2004, 08:44 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by FlipTrac_511:
Tsisqua, what was your spec before the AMD64?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I had a Duron 850
Ti4200 128 (same card as now . . . till tomorrow)
I feel like I entered a whole new world when I got this machine.

Tsisqua