PDA

View Full Version : AC Unity broken

acadiegurl
01-26-2016, 02:15 AM
Just bought this game through Steam on December 24th and I still can't get it to run. It crashes aon loadup before or during the Ubisoft logo loading screen. ACU.exe has stopped responding.

AMD FX-8150 3.61 ghz 8-core
8G ram
GeForce GTX 650
Windows 7 64b

UbiFancy
01-26-2016, 02:45 AM
Hi acadiegurl and welcome to the forums! My apologies that you're running into this issue. Have you tried the steps found in this Troubleshooting Guide (http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/984398-PC-ACU-Troubleshooting-Guide-And-Possible-Solutions-Forums)? If the guide doesn't resolve the issue, please go ahead and contact Ubisoft support if you haven't yet.

support.ubi.com (https://support.ubi.com)

TaylorBlakeH
01-26-2016, 08:34 PM
Hi acadiegurl and welcome to the forums! My apologies that you're running into this issue. Have you tried the steps found in this Troubleshooting Guide (http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/984398-PC-ACU-Troubleshooting-Guide-And-Possible-Solutions-Forums)? If the guide doesn't resolve the issue, please go ahead and contact Ubisoft support if you haven't yet.

No one said "My apologies" for the SLI issues :( :(

Jessigirl2013
01-27-2016, 04:34 PM
Another day ... Another 'Unitys broken' thread... :rolleyes:

Have you thread contacting UBI support?

acadiegurl
01-30-2016, 04:22 AM

I have tried everything the acu.exe part suggested and everything is up to date. I do not have Crossfire nor do I have SLI.

No one said "My apologies" for the SLI issues :( :(
Please don't hijack my thread. Make your own.

acadiegurl
01-31-2016, 02:03 AM
Another day ... Another 'Unitys broken' thread... :rolleyes:

Have you thread contacting UBI support?

I have and I am still waiting on a reply. I figured I would post here to have replies quicker from the community thinking people would be nice enough to give help, guess I was wrong with the replies.

Are you kidding me?? **** you.... I already did create my own thread: http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1331938-Assassin-s-Creed-Syndicate-SLI-Performance-(970-s)-Forums

God damn... Some of you people are just *******s..... I was trying to sympathize with you that Ubisoft is ignoring us for serious issues we're experiencing. And you tell me to piss off. Jesus

Your comment was unrelated to the issue and you are not even helping me fix MY issue. Either your comprehension of English is horrible or irony is something you indulge in alot. I asked you politely to not hijack my thread, and you are. Please go back to your own, since it says syndicate and not Unity, and stop flooding my thread with your 'pissed off' annotations. You're pretty rude.

UbiFancy
01-31-2016, 02:17 AM
Please stay on topic and keep things civil. Thank you.

Jessigirl2013
01-31-2016, 02:29 PM
I have and I am still waiting on a reply. I figured I would post here to have replies quicker from the community thinking people would be nice enough to give help, guess I was wrong with the replies.

Your comment was unrelated to the issue and you are not even helping me fix MY issue. Either your comprehension of English is horrible or irony is something you indulge in alot. I asked you politely to not hijack my thread, and you are. Please go back to your own, since it says syndicate and not Unity, and stop flooding my thread with your 'pissed off' annotations. You're pretty rude.

I didn't mean to offend you, buts its clear no once else on the forums has had the same issue you have, support is your only option.
People on the forums will try to help you if they can, but it helps to be polite.:rolleyes:

acadiegurl
02-01-2016, 06:48 AM
I didn't mean to offend you, buts its clear no once else on the forums has had the same issue you have, support is your only option.
People on the forums will try to help you if they can, but it helps to be polite.:rolleyes:

Like I said, I already sent a ticket and still waiting.

TaylorBlakeH
02-01-2016, 06:22 PM
Like I said, I already sent a ticket and still waiting.

Well, let me then "try" to help you as you are asking.... This was a digital download from UPlay I assume? If so, try verifying the game files from the game entry's menu in Uplay. You might have already tried that. If you bought it from Steam, try verifying the game cache in Steam instead. If you have already tried that, look under your Documents folder, My Games, and Assassin's Creed Unity and see if the configuration file is even getting created. It should be a .ini file as well as an XML file.

YazX_
02-02-2016, 01:02 AM
you can also go to event viewer and look at the application crash entry, open it and paste it here so we can see what is the faulting module, it might lead us to what is causing this issue.

just aside note, your video card is too weak to handle this game and way below minimum requirements (GTX 680), even if the game runs, it will be a slideshow unless if you set it to a very low resolution.

acadiegurl
02-02-2016, 02:37 AM
I don't know why I never took notice on the gpu requirement, I guess that would be the reason why I can't run it. I'll uninstall and wait until I upgrade. Thanks.

Faulting application name: ACU.exe, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x54db5826
Faulting module name: d3d11.dll, version: 6.2.9200.16570, time stamp: 0x5153b56b
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x00000000000d6f09
Faulting process id: 0x1df0
Faulting application start time: 0x01d15d5a93d554a6
Faulting application path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Assassin's Creed Unity\ACU.exe
Faulting module path: C:\Windows\system32\d3d11.dll
Report Id: e1039530-c94d-11e5-b8b0-14dae91c1358

Noticed it says it's my DirectX, It's currently up to date so I'm lost. Doesn't matter anyway, my GPU can't run it.

YazX_
02-02-2016, 08:59 PM
I don't know why I never took notice on the gpu requirement, I guess that would be the reason why I can't run it. I'll uninstall and wait until I upgrade. Thanks.

Faulting application name: ACU.exe, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x54db5826
Faulting module name: d3d11.dll, version: 6.2.9200.16570, time stamp: 0x5153b56b
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x00000000000d6f09
Faulting process id: 0x1df0
Faulting application start time: 0x01d15d5a93d554a6
Faulting application path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Assassin's Creed Unity\ACU.exe
Faulting module path: C:\Windows\system32\d3d11.dll
Report Id: e1039530-c94d-11e5-b8b0-14dae91c1358

Noticed it says it's my DirectX, It's currently up to date so I'm lost. Doesn't matter anyway, my GPU can't run it.

the error says its coming from DX, not sure whats the problem but your card supports DX11, anyway, try to reinstall DX from

[Game Installation Folder]\Support\Software\DirectX

and also:

[Game Installation Folder]\Support\Software\VCRedist

Restart windows afterwards and try again.

acadiegurl
02-04-2016, 09:30 PM
the error says its coming from DX, not sure whats the problem but your card supports DX11, anyway, try to reinstall DX from

[Game Installation Folder]\Support\Software\DirectX

and also:

[Game Installation Folder]\Support\Software\VCRedist

Restart windows afterwards and try again.

Is there a way to completely uninstall DirectX to do a fresh install? I'm using Windows 7.

TaylorBlakeH
02-04-2016, 10:00 PM
Is there a way to completely uninstall DirectX to do a fresh install? I'm using Windows 7.

No, there isn't. There is a core version of DirectX that is intrinsic to the version of Windows you are running that shipped with that version of Windows, which was DirectX 10 for Windows 7.

Everything that I can find regarding the DX error you're getting seems to point to either a memory failure or a driver (I'm betting on the latter). Download the latest NVIDIA driver for your card, and when running through the installer, make sure to check "Perform a clean install". Try this to rule out your driver being the issue. Make sure you reboot after reinstalling before launching the game again.