PDA

View Full Version : - Weapons customization and mods.

Charles_Wipman
01-22-2016, 08:58 PM
I've seen in many videos of the Alpha weird customizations or mods on some weapons that i think that could be improved, by making the weapons customization more like as in the great Ghost Recon Future Soldier, that were more realistic so therefore... better IMHO. Regarding the ammo account per magazine in example, assault rifles with 32, 34 or 42 rounds!?, all the assault rifles that i've seen in the game have 20, 30, 45, 60, 75, or 100 rounds magazines or drums IRL and i would preffer it to be like that instead as it currently is in the Alpha; the AK-47s and AK-74s IRL can use the default 30rnds magazines, the RPK 45rnds magazines, the RPK 75rnds drums... and the more modern (and not officialy aproved) 100rnds plastic drums, some C-Mag style, but i've to admit that are 10, 15 and 20rnds magazines for the civilian market; we could say the same about all the western ARs that accept AR-15 magazines. They could use civilian market 10rnds magazines, military 20rnds magazines (as given in some shooting ranges), standard 30rnds magazines, civilian (or not military approved) 50rnds drums, Surefire 60 and 100rnds magazines... or 100rnds C-Mag style drums.
I can't imagine a FN P90 with 32rnds magazines as some of the H&K MP5 used back in 1964 when it was created; a FN P90 have 50rnds magazines, not more... but not less. And LMGs and GPMGs like the M249 or the M60 use to use belts or bags of 50 or 100rnds or LMGs like the M249 or the H&K MG4, boxes of 200 and 250rnds; some vehicle mounted LMGs and GPMGs have boxes of up to 500rnds but that's a madness, unless that you want to go with a 500rnds backpack like this one:

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/04/5d/ab/045dab9c84311ba9e537a12accf9b8d7.jpg

That's available (for military use) AFAIK for the M60, M249, M240, MG3, MG4, MG5, Negev NG7 and russian PKM; see a Remington ACR with a 34rnds standard magazine makes me want to pinch fork my eyes and i think that will be better if the rounds account per magazine, box, drum or belt were kept realistic as in the Ghost Recon Future Soldier, that was and still is a great game and very fun with similar gameplay mechanics as The Division.

Charles_Wipman
01-26-2016, 02:03 PM
Sights, i've seen a video of the Alpha where a man was aiming down what looked like an ACOG x6 optic on his Remington ACR as with his x8 scope on his M1A SOCOM; i think that will be good and great if we could aim down the sights (any sight, from iron sights to CCOs to magnificated ones), not that long ago... IRL the "marksman" role on a military squad was taken by men/women with a x4 and even a x3.5 ACOG sights, people with Elcans C79A2, Trilux, ACOG TA31 and sights like that; on the russian side... AFAIK this role (this advanced shooter/rileman "marksman") is taken by people with PSO-1 or 1P29 sights that are not really sniper scopes but magnificated sights and, i think that would be good for all... if at least all the x3.5 or x4 magnificated sights could allow to aim down the sights instead use the over the shoulder default view.

Teqall
01-31-2016, 11:10 PM
So far I've seen a lot o more rifles than I thought I would but playing non stop trying to find a 50 cal sniper rifle from lvl 4-8 and nothing. Is there a weapons list of the included guns in the game some where?

Zaph15
02-02-2016, 05:19 AM
I'm curious to know will we be able to attach an undermount piece of equipment in addition to a side mount on the hand rails? Sad that i could only attach a vertical grip and no laser.

SGONeill
02-02-2016, 09:26 PM
I'm curious to know will we be able to attach an undermount piece of equipment in addition to a side mount on the hand rails? Sad that i could only attach a vertical grip and no laser.

There are laser attachments in the game. I picked up a bunch of green quality ones and bought some blue quality ones for credits. At one point, I picked up a green laser too.