PDA

View Full Version : - Character customization and clothes.

Charles_Wipman
01-22-2016, 05:06 AM
I've seen many videos of the Alpha and in the character customization options and clothes there're some things that i miss; in the customization i.e. i miss things like:

- Motörhead style moustaches.
- Mohawks (punk and taxi driver's styles).
- Cones (punk and The Cure styles).
- Heavy like manes (Man-O-War or 80s trailer park styles).
- Rudeboy haircuts (with good long sideburns The Specials style).
- Rudegirl haircuts (head shaved with a horrible red fringe).
- 60s mods like haircuts for dude and girl.
- 70s like haircuts for dude and girl, big afros and Interstate76 style.
- 50s like haircuts for the girls.
- Make ups and paint limps colour, with different eye shadows too for the girls.
- Military style haircuts for male and female.
- ESS style tactical googles, with diferent lenses colours and in different sizes.
- Diferent footwear, from DR. Marteens to Corcoran II WWII style military boots to modern tactical and military boots, without forget Getta Grip boots.

Seems to me that there're also few diferent heads for each gender and also ethnical group, im spanish (from spain) and for what i've seen... will he very hard if not impossible to make a male or female character that look like a standard spaniard male or female; i think that would be much better if we could modity (Elder Scrolls or Black Desert like) the head of our character, that way we'll have our completly different character to any other in the world and we could also adjust it to our desired ethnical group or just taste or prefference.

The clothes; i miss some styles clothes in the game (for stetics) that may or may not come in the future as DLCs or better yet as the free upgrades that the companys used to do instead bill us lame DLCs with 5 weapons and 4 textures for 20€ as they use to do nowadays, when i seen the 1St news about the game i though that i would be able of make me a military style dresed character, GR Future soldier, ArmA or Squad dressed character, but for the footage that i've seen until now... seems that's not gonna happen, unless that something like that comes in a future DLC with military style clothing, just for the estetics or for recognition between nationalities or to make an homogenious fire team, i miss:

- Leather punk and heavy style jackets.
- Bomber Alpha jackets in various colours.
- Shoftshell jackets in various colours.
- Woodland BDUs.
- Russian BDUs.
- MARPAT BDUs.
- Swedish M90 BDUs.
- Urban and T pattern BDUs.
- A-TACS BDUs.
- WWII winter camos and cloaks.
- Plate carriers.
- OITVs.
- PASGT flak vests, straps and gear.

I though that some of this stuff would be in the final version of the game, but after have seem many videos of the Alpha and having the PC release date so close... now i don't know man; im thinking in buy the game, but i have doubts that it'll be what or as i wanted it to be. Anyways... i miss some of this things in the character creation section, to make our character true unique in the world and what we, at least... would want it to be or to look like.

eyanvenom
01-24-2016, 06:59 AM
I'd love the ability to unlock NPC's clothing - e.g. the main Agents/Supporters in the Base of Operations, some Rikers' orange jumpsuits, Cleaners gear with full face masks as gas mask/hats (this would be sick!), Rioter's gear with hoods up, etc...#1 article of clothing which I'd absolutely LOVE to don and main would be the jacket in my signature (Faye Lau's leather jacket). It's absolutely PERFECT. Personally, it's PERFECT beyond words!!

EDIT: A simple slider to adjust individual articles of clothing from lighter -> darker tints would also be a great, little touch I'm sure fans would appreciate.

Charles_Wipman
01-25-2016, 10:46 AM
I'd forget that; of course that can equip full S10 UK, or US M40 or M17 or rusian and soviet gas masks will be great, also the finish gas mask that's a very good one IRL that don't impeeds to aim down the iron sights with it keeping a good confort level in comparison with the M17. Just as cosmetic gear, not necessary as protective equipment; i also like that idea of the slider, so even if you've the exact same clothes as other player... your look could be totaly different. Now tripping... the slider could also affect the condition of the cloth, lighter = more worn & darker = newer.

KendallV7
02-02-2016, 08:42 PM
I really love everything from the pvp to pve ,and I cant wait to know the full story . Im not blind with this game ,but scrolling down to change clothes, get to the bottom just to change or see the new bots I got is really tedious , please ubisoft change it

Undying_Dreams
02-03-2016, 01:36 AM
I second the recommendation for gas masks. I would really like them as a cosmetic option.

As for going into contaminated areas, leaving the gas mask on should be an option.

If not a cosmetic option, a full face gas mask would be much better than the half face ones you equip when going into a contaminated area.

EvoDube
02-03-2016, 09:00 AM
They should honestly make a creation kit to have players make their own clothing and then submit it to Ubi for approval to add it to the game, since vanity items are going to be a huge thing in this game.

Velvetones
02-09-2016, 03:57 AM
Not trying to be a fashionista, there going to be a way to sell or drop clothes?

Charles_Wipman
02-10-2016, 05:57 PM
They should honestly make a creation kit to have players make their own clothing and then submit it to Ubi for approval to add it to the game, since vanity items are going to be a huge thing in this game.

I did some addons back in the day for the OFP & ArmA and man... for 'do our own clothes' we'll need at least two programs; one for the 3D (that's not my field) and other for the 2D (that's more my field) and will be very hard. For me the 3D creation is the hardest field as is almost entirely new to me, i have the Photoshop and i did some normal maps for those games among others and that's much easyer, is like do a paint; you just need a lot of time. And then... when you have it all, a 3D model with textures (normal maps & UV maps), you've to map the texture on the 3D model inside the 3D edition program and then... you need a compiler to save it all on the game's extension files and also you need a config like file (probably some scripts too) to let the game recon the model as it's own. I doubt that Ubisoft release the needed software to let the users add their own content to the game; AFAIK... they never did it before.

TWCSCRUFFY
02-23-2016, 04:34 AM
I really love everything from the pvp to pve ,and I cant wait to know the full story . Im not blind with this game ,but scrolling down to change clothes, get to the bottom just to change or see the new bots I got is really tedious , please ubisoft change it
Yes I 100% agree, I played in the alpha the closed beta and now the open beta. And i had hoped the vanity items(i.e. hats,jackets,ect.) would have some kind of drop down/up menu for the appearance tab. But it did not,i haf a blast with the division,and am counting down the days till Marxh 8th,but man during the closed beta i got 102 vanity items,and it was a pain to have to scroll all the way down to the bottom to my boots/shoes. I would just love to see the appearance tab user interface changed by the full release of Tom Clancye's The Division.

AgentGrifter
02-23-2016, 08:23 AM
Character customization like
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=72rFa_TscYk ???

P.S: not my videooo sorryyyy forgot to tell!!!

LarZen
02-24-2016, 07:51 PM
This is one of my main concerns about the game. IGN uploaded a video today and with a Ubisoft developer saying "this is how a high level player will look like". And the character looked like it was lv1. Nothing about the character indicating that this is a high level character with some swag to boost. Kinda depressing.

I hope they have allot of different cosmetic clothes so that players can stand out and make their own look. Walking around like a bunch of clones is not fun in any online game and especially not in a RPG game like this.

vondean
02-27-2016, 09:25 PM
Character customization like
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=72rFa_TscYk ???

P.S: not my videooo sorryyyy forgot to tell!!!

Thats awesome!

Would love it if they had a custom upload for logos and such though.

Dark-M-C-5
02-27-2016, 10:26 PM
What's gonna be hilarious to me is all the people who will target me for my loot, only to find a bag full of appearance gear lmao for some reason I just really like making my characters look unique in games, almost more incentive than better guns/armor lol

Can't wait to play

DEADPOOL21416
02-28-2016, 01:35 PM
So, unfortunately, I had an account that just very recently got hacked (right before the open beta for The Division began) However, I had participated in the Alpha & Closed Beta on my old account and just very recently figured out that if you check UPlay for The Division it'll pop up rewards for the participants of the two. Is there any way at all that I could possibly still get my rewards, like maybe added on to my new account? I pre-ordered the Gold Edition and everything so this will be majorly disappointing to me if I can't get what I worked for just because of some a-hole who stole my account and wiped it just because he raged in Siege. I don't know how he did it and I don't really care. Plus, I think he was banned just the other day as his account was emptied like he did to mine. So, all I care about is my unlocks at this point. I've been waiting for this game for years man, and wanted to unlock everything possible. I also already have the bonus 4 agents too and the skin for your gun from the Facebook celebration too. So, that's cool. Now... All I need is the bonuses that I rightfully deserve! I've stuck with this game since the second they first announced it too long ago, I really don't deserve this of all things when i am a completionist. Any suggestions? I'm completely open to anything that could possibly help fix this upsetting issue. Maybe I should just try to contact Ubi & see if they can directlly add it back on to my new account?? But how would I even go about that? I have no clue who to contact to fix this issue .-. Please help me :'( (Side Note: I also lost my alpha fire skin, and the christmas one Ralphie or something if I remember that correctly from Rainbow Six: Siege sadly so i'd like that back too, but its not as big of a deal since I've waited forever for Tom Clancy's The Division!

Charles_Wipman
02-28-2016, 07:15 PM
The Black Desert's character customization options i think that is ask for too much; will ge great... but too much. With half of those options i think i would be happy enough, five head models x gender and 8 skin tones is like have nothing nowadays for create a charater, but man... the million of options of the Black Desert is just too much IMO at 9 days of the release.