PDA

View Full Version : AC Syndicate Cliches - Per the Narrator, Not Me

crusader_prophet
01-21-2016, 02:59 AM
Found this, not sure if you folks have already seen this. Enjoy! I don't agree with most of it, for the record.

https://youtu.be/ConY3FI4c2M

VestigialLlama4
01-21-2016, 04:57 AM
The greatest Game Sins is the very existence of a wretched web channel like it.

crusader_prophet
01-21-2016, 06:25 AM
The greatest Game Sins is the very existence of a wretched web channel like it.

yeah I didn't like the dude's other videos either. he seems like a very negative person in general.

cawatrooper9
01-21-2016, 03:52 PM
The problem of stuff like this (particularly Cinema sins- blech!) is that it makes everyone think that they can be a critic, and makes everyone look for plotholes.

For instance, this rebuttal of a New York Times "article" about "plot holes" in TFA really illustrates how these arguments are often more the equivalent of an ID10T cinema error rather continuity issues:
http://epicstream.com/news/Star-Wars-Fan-Debunks-Huff-Posts-40-Unforgivable-Plot-Holes-in-The-Force-Awakens

That being said, Syndicate isn't a perfect game, and I'm sure there are at least some decent points made in the video, surrounded by a lot of other AVGN-style pointless rage, things taken completely out of context, and a general aura of completely missing the point- so, for that, I don't even really see a reason to dignify this video with another view, nor any other "sins" video like it.

SixKeys
01-22-2016, 03:29 AM
While I don't agree with most of the video - some things seem exaggerated or deliberately glossed over for comedy's sake - I do think there are some glaringly obvious plotholes in ACS. I laughed at the point about Maxwell Roth sending his "invitation" to Jacob, because I thought the exact same thing when I played the game. "How the hell did he get back to his office that quickly?!"

Assassin_M
01-22-2016, 03:33 AM
Eh, it's a comedy skit or at least I hope he doesnt think he's genuinely criticizing the games. Even his everything wrong with AC II video is pretty dumb.

Namikaze_17
01-22-2016, 04:35 AM
At least Cinemasins makes logical points at times and has some dry humor in his vids. Yeah sometimes he's nitpicky, but it's all in good fun so that he can stick to some ruling of his or whatever. Guys like this are just squares for the sake of being squares. Ideas aren't as cool when they're copied.

That said, I laughed at the Lucy being there first sin. I was wondering that **** too.

AdrianJacek
01-28-2016, 05:37 AM
Eh, it's a comedy skit or at least I hope he doesnt think he's genuinely criticizing the games. Even his everything wrong with AC II video is pretty dumb.
What, does he complain about the wrong things? Doesn't mention Ezio's horribly paced character arc, the pointless-ness of Venice, stuff like that?

LoyalACFan
01-28-2016, 10:57 PM
Hate CinemaSins, hate GamingSins. Just a bunch of whining from entitled kids who aren't creative or driven enough to actually make original content.

Farlander1991
01-28-2016, 11:05 PM
Yeah, I much prefer Honest Movie/Game Trailers. They make fun of a lot of things, but they do it so lightheartedly and with style, while Sins is very... you know, bitter, with nitpicks that can be so ridiculous.

Speaking of, ACIV honest trailer is still one of my favourites.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hgts9u56ZS8

LoyalACFan
01-29-2016, 03:12 AM
Yeah, I much prefer Honest Movie/Game Trailers. They make fun of a lot of things, but they do it so lightheartedly and with style, while Sins is very... you know, bitter, with nitpicks that can be so ridiculous.

Speaking of, ACIV honest trailer is still one of my favourites.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hgts9u56ZS8

Yeah, Honest Trailers is comedy, whereas Sins is just snark.

VestigialLlama4
01-29-2016, 10:19 AM

I prefer UNITY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c0tAgd-aP2U

briangade
01-30-2016, 05:59 AM
Guys and girls lighten the **** up.His channel is not meant to be a serous review channel it meant as a joke.I find it quite sad that a lot of people can't take a joke about a game they like,many of the games that Dartigan has riffed is games that he himself likes.Just chill out and remember that we don't all have to like the same things

Jessigirl2013
01-30-2016, 11:07 AM
While I don't agree with most of the video - some things seem exaggerated or deliberately glossed over for comedy's sake - I do think there are some glaringly obvious plotholes in ACS. I laughed at the point about Maxwell Roth sending his "invitation" to Jacob, because I thought the exact same thing when I played the game. "How the hell did he get back to his office that quickly?!"

Haha, nice to see I wasn't the only one wondering that.:rolleyes:
I agree, i'm not too keen on these types of video as they are just negative at anything to look for humour.

Nice sig :cool:

LoyalACFan
02-01-2016, 01:09 AM
Guys and girls lighten the **** up.His channel is not meant to be a serous review channel it meant as a joke.I find it quite sad that a lot of people can't take a joke about a game they like,many of the games that Dartigan has riffed is games that he himself likes.Just chill out and remember that we don't all have to like the same things

Except I don't even like Syndicate, I just hate BS nitpicking like that. It comes across as whiny and self-entitled.

SixKeys
02-01-2016, 02:08 AM

People who say things like "can't you take a joke?" never seem to grasp the idea that just because something is meant to be funny doesn't automatically make it so.

crusader_prophet
02-01-2016, 07:31 AM

Except he is NOT being funny. He is whining. And he is gravely mistaken if he thinks he is remotely funny. Besides all that he is lying if he markets his channel as being a funny one. That is clearly not the incentive of him making videos. He thinks he is critically astute and to prove that or self - glorify his self-proclaimed skill he makes these videos. And this is coming from someone who has disliked every AC game since AC IV (except Rogue).

Assassin_M
02-01-2016, 05:12 PM
I don't like AC II. I think the video he made nitpicking its "mistakes" is stupid. It's meant as a joke? Well, he does seem to critique some big plot holes and those are pretty logical complaints, but then he enters the whiny realm, so if it's a joke then okay, it's not funny.

RVSage
02-01-2016, 05:35 PM
Never been a fan of that channel, kinda tries too hard to be funny, ends up being boring and absurd mostly

SixKeys
02-01-2016, 10:13 PM
Except he is NOT being funny. He is whining. And he is gravely mistaken if he thinks he is remotely funny. Besides all that he is lying if he markets his channel as being a funny one. That is clearly not the incentive of him making videos. He thinks he is critically astute and to prove that or self - glorify his self-proclaimed skill he makes these videos. And this is coming from someone who has disliked every AC game since AC IV (except Rogue).

So....two games?

crusader_prophet
02-02-2016, 02:18 AM
So....two games?

3 games. Rogue was neutral.