PDA

View Full Version : Another Newbie Question

mrfreeze2222
02-03-2004, 01:56 AM
On the back of the box their is a picture of a plane flying at nite with a huge spotlights shining up at the sky. Is this in the game and if so where can i find it? If its not in the game are there any really cool community missions that have spotlights in them? Last questions and i know im still wet behind the ears but can anyone recommend some must-have community missions? Im in love with this game and i truely cant stop playing it. What a find! =+)

Also if you know of any created missions that are a must to do

mrfreeze2222
02-03-2004, 01:56 AM
On the back of the box their is a picture of a plane flying at nite with a huge spotlights shining up at the sky. Is this in the game and if so where can i find it? If its not in the game are there any really cool community missions that have spotlights in them? Last questions and i know im still wet behind the ears but can anyone recommend some must-have community missions? Im in love with this game and i truely cant stop playing it. What a find! =+)

Also if you know of any created missions that are a must to do

HH Quazi
02-03-2004, 03:26 AM
Go to mudmovers.com or netwings.org, depending on which version of the game you are playing, find the correct link, then look for a link to missions. There are plenty of great missions at those web sites. And any mission that mentions "night" in the title are bound to have search lights. I have several. Then again, learn to make your on missions with the FMB or the QMB inside the game. Build a mission and put as many search lights in as you want to. Good luck and welcome to the community. S!

AirBot
02-03-2004, 04:06 AM
Yes, spotlights are in the game. A few of the single missions that came with the game feature them (for example, the one where you have to defend Stalingrad with P47s at night has them, if I'm not mistaken), but I can't really point you to any specifically good community-created ones.

In any case, welcome! Happy flying.

AlGroover
02-03-2004, 07:00 AM
I seem to remember that there was a "Real Deal" campaign mission that featured spotlights. Good cockpit lighting effect if you get caught by one.

Extreme_One
02-03-2004, 07:24 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by AlGroover:
I seem to remember that there was a "Real Deal" campaign mission that featured spotlights. Good cockpit lighting effect if you get caught by one.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Click the link in my sig to get "The Real Deal" if you're interested...It includes the USAAF campaign folder...

S! Simon
'''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''' '''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''' '''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''' '''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''' '''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''' '''''
Download the RAF campaign folder here (http://www.netwings.org/library/Forgotten_Battles/Missions/index-9.html).

Download the USAAF campaign folder here (http://www.netwings.org/library/Forgotten_Battles/Missions/index-9.html). *NEW* Updated for FB 1.21

http://extremeone.4t.com/images/raf_sig.jpg

Huxley_S
02-03-2004, 07:43 AM
I played a mission in the dynamic russian campaign where bombers and fighters are attacking your base at night.

If you're lucky enough to get off the runway you find yourself flying in pitch darkness with spotlights scanning the sky for the enemy and tracer fire everywhere.

It blew me away the first time I saw it.

One of those missions where just staying alive until "Mission Complete" comes up is considered a good performance!

westcoastphil
02-03-2004, 08:11 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Huxley_S:
I played a mission in the dynamic russian campaign where bombers and fighters are attacking your base at night.

If you're lucky enough to get off the runway you find yourself flying in pitch darkness with spotlights scanning the sky for the enemy and tracer fire everywhere.

It blew me away the first time I saw it.

One of those missions where just staying alive until "Mission Complete" comes up is considered a good performance!<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

That mission is "Berlin Under Attack" in the Mudmovers single mission downloads page. That's a real fun one and I'm blown away when a spotlight locks on to your aircraft and "lights up" the interior of your craft. Very impressive visual.

http://members.cox.net/riknbkr330/109f2.jpg

Zeus-cat
02-03-2004, 10:03 AM
I created a mission where you shoot up the searchlights in a Yak (I think it was a Yak) flying over a city. You have to clear the way for some bombers. The city has AAA and barrage balloons. The AAA gets much more accurate (if thats possible) once the searchlights find you.

Look for the "Bombing Stalingrad" mission at mudmovers.com in the multiplayer download area. Unzip to the single mission folder for one of the Russian planes. Convert the game in the FMB for single player by assigning plane 1 as the "player" aircraft. You could also get rid of the rest of the planes in your flight if you want. Make sure you read the mission briefing.

My e-mail address is in the readme file if you need help.

Zeus-cat