PDA

View Full Version : A sequels for the Assassins. ^-^

ERICATHERINE
01-20-2016, 09:26 PM
In which order of priority should the ac characters have a sequel? It can be one or more sequel for each character of course. Also, if you want to name a character other then the one I'll named or that isn't in the poll (ex : Haytam, Adewale...), feel free to do it. Just remember that the character you choose are supposed to be the ones you want the story to be about and that the characters you'll name if choosing many at the same choices (which means a story with many important character from many or one game) are supposed to be alive at the same time at least for a part of the sequel.

Me, I would like to play an ac game with Connor, Aveline, Eseosa and Arno uniting against Shay in first place.
2nd place goes for another game with the Frye twins.
3rd place goes to Adewale since he only got a dlc which was also a very little game and that I would like to see him in a longer game.

You make your list the size you want. Also, if you feel like it, you can write in which story you would want your characters to be. You can also write why you want the characters you will name to have a sequel, like I did with Adewale.

Feel free to discuss about it. ^-^

cawatrooper9
01-20-2016, 09:51 PM
Oh no, I accidentally clicked "Arno" when I meant "Shay". What a terrible mistake!

ERICATHERINE
01-20-2016, 09:56 PM
Oh no, I accidentally clicked "Arno" when I meant "Shay". What a terrible mistake!

XD

dxsxhxcx
01-20-2016, 10:23 PM
While Altair is my favorite character and I wish we could've had more screen time with him in Revelations his story is pretty much done now*, the same goes for Ezio.

I would like to see a Connor sequel taking place anywhere but America, I like to think that after AC3's events Connor probably got a lot wiser and I think this change is worth of a sequel, about the other characters, I just don't find them interesting enough to justify another game with them.

*I wouldn't mind a game set in a period where Darim was still alive and we play as one of Sef's descedants though (or someone else trained by Darim), maybe they could use a cryptic message found in Altair's books that Darim took with him when he went to Alexadria

BananaBlighter
01-20-2016, 10:49 PM
Between Shay, Connor and the Frye twins, I'd probably go with the twins since, however basic their characters were, it was enjoyable to watch their sibling banter. Shay is pretty boring, though I'm eager to see a sequel with Connor too since he was pretty interesting (won't be the same without Haytham tho :().

Rioz22222
01-20-2016, 11:02 PM
no offense but also don't wanna be negative but honestly what is point of this none sense threads ? such a things have been complained a THOUSAND times before and yet it's being asked Ubisoft will never listen to fans they don't even care about us? well AC series are not Final fantasty or like other games with alot of sequels the point is every story ends somewhere for every character but we can still use our imaginations it's sad tho we can't have sequels for characters we really like :( it's hard to say good bye.. but the least they can do is publish some novels I would gladly read them , novels that tell the end of each character :)voted for arno i'd like to see he kills napoleon

ze_topazio
01-20-2016, 11:48 PM
The Final Fantasy games rarely get direct sequels.

SpiritOfNevaeh
01-21-2016, 12:00 AM
Damn! Im stuck between Connor, Arno and Shay!

Thats because their games are so damn long it's considered multiple sequels in each game released :rolleyes:

*relooks at the choices*

OMG Did you SERIOUSLY add Altair and Ezio to the list?! XD

Rioz22222
01-21-2016, 12:17 AM

Thats because their games are so damn long it's considered multiple sequels in each game released :rolleyes:

*relooks at the choices*

agreed so damn long which makes them so damn boring I am not even going to try to count them :) (probably around 60 by now :D) speaking of ezio an altair hmmm didn't they had a trilogy ?
AC I altair AC Revelations altair
AC II AC brotherhood AC revelations ezio let's give space to young ones :D Arno , Connor , Shay ... I can't help my self but feeling they encountered each other at somepoint for sure ! just a single sequel would make it interesting really interesting ...

Sesheenku
01-21-2016, 12:21 AM

*relooks at the choices*

They typically have large main casts though that each go through their own development. AC could learn a thing or two from them when it comes to character development, Connor could use some better closure.

agreed so damn long which makes them so damn boring I am not even going to try to count them http://static5.cdn.ubi.com/u/ubiforums/20130918.419/images/smilies/smile.png (probably around 60 by now http://static5.cdn.ubi.com/u/ubiforums/20130918.419/images/smilies/biggrin.png) speaking of ezio an altair hmmm didn't they had a trilogy ?
AC II AC brotherhood AC revelations ezio let's give space to young ones http://static5.cdn.ubi.com/u/ubiforums/20130918.419/images/smilies/biggrin.png Arno , Connor , Shay ... I can't help my self but feeling they encountered each other at somepoint for sure ! just a single sequel would make it interesting really interesting ...

-Chuckle- People's attentions spans are so pitiable these days.

They should remake bloodlines though for Altair, for console/PC this time, the limitations of the last console did it no favors.

ERICATHERINE
01-21-2016, 12:35 AM

Then why didn't you choose "more than one of these choices in the same sequel"? It would solve your problem if it were a game with these 3 at once. ^-^

*relooks at the choices*

Yes I did. Also, look at the votes and you will see that some people voted for them.

Aside, I wanted to laugh when someone (it seems to be you) would point that out, even if I should admit I would play such a game. XD

ERICATHERINE
01-21-2016, 12:41 AM
speaking of ezio an altair hmmm didn't they had a trilogy ?

Yes and if they were to get a sequel I would happily play as them in these.

You forgot Alta´r chronicles and ac bloodlines. ^-^

SpiritOfNevaeh
01-21-2016, 01:34 AM
Then why didn't you choose "more than one of these choices in the same sequel"? It would solve your problem if it were a game with these 3 at once. ^-^

Yes I did. Also, look at the votes and you will see that some people voted for them.

Aside, I wanted to laugh when someone (it seems to be you) would point that out, even if I should admit I would play such a game. XD

It wasn't technically a battle. I really wanted Connor; The statement was for dramatic effect. :p

ERICATHERINE
01-21-2016, 01:44 AM
It wasn't technically a battle. I really wanted Connor; The statement was for dramatic effect. :p

XD

ze_topazio
01-21-2016, 01:57 AM
Btw, I'm the one who voted for Ezio. :cool:

SpiritOfNevaeh
01-21-2016, 03:58 AM

Damn it, Ze! YOU HAD ONE JOB :p

ERICATHERINE
01-21-2016, 04:41 AM
XD

Mr.Black24
01-21-2016, 08:24 AM
They typically have large main casts though that each go through their own development. AC could learn a thing or two from them when it comes to character development, Connor could use some better closure. Hehehe me and VestigialLlama4 had a discussion about this, a bit a downer one....

I still want to believe that they might come around for Connor and co. but after that talk...hmmmmmmm, my cautious optimism is wavering.

They should remake bloodlines though for Altair, for console/PC this time, the limitations of the last console did it no favors. HELL YES. Like I'm up for a remastered AC1, but add Bloodlines for more Altair adventures while your at it. Especially since some people think Altair had less game time, this would be the perfect way to go.

Sesheenku
01-21-2016, 10:56 AM
Hehehe me and VestigialLlama4 had a discussion about this, a bit a downer one....

I still want to believe that they might come around for Connor and co. but after that talk...hmmmmmmm, my cautious optimism is wavering.

HELL YES. Like I'm up for a remastered AC1, but add Bloodlines for more Altair adventures while your at it. Especially since some people think Altair had less game time, this would be the perfect way to go.

It would be. The only way to change things is to voice it though, so say it loud. It's a maybe but a maybe is better than a no.

I used to feel Connor was a bit too saccharin and I still feel that way a bit but at the same time the ending was so abrupt. I don't feel like the character development closed properly. The reason people still buy Final Fantasy is because save for a few sets of games a lot of them wrap up that development nicely in one game, they don't just show the lesson being learned, they show the results and we're missing Connor's results.

What did he do after he learned what naivete gets him? What changes did this bring in him and his life?

tsamx
01-21-2016, 01:00 PM
Twins in India, the plot and game easily set up another game of them in India, or at least Evie and Green.

VestigialLlama4
01-21-2016, 01:30 PM
Okay I'll bite...

1) I'd like a Frye Twins sequel where Jacob and Evie head to Paris in 1871 in the year of the Commune. Karl Marx sends them to help the people there and recover some MacGuffin for him which allows him a glimpse of future class revolutons. Game is set over three-four months, highly restricted time span, a lot of violence. They meet the descendants of Arno Dorian and via Memory Seals find out about his later life in Paris. Optional visits to Arno, Pierre and Elise's graves are there for fans. By the 1870, Paris would have changed a great deal in architecture, you would have the iconic boulevards of Baron Haussmann and the Covered Market of Les Halles (destroyed in the 20th Century). We can also get a front-row seat to the final destruction of the Tuileries. It would be a greatly changed city from Unity, and it wouldn't feel repetitive and Ubisoft can apologize for the crypto-fascist nonsense of Unity by making a real pro-revolutionary game. We also have Arthur Rimbaud, Victor Hugo, the Impressionists and several other interesting figures.

2) I pretty much despise Shay Cormac as a character and I hate his game. So I am not objective when I say that a ROGUE DLC with it's clearly implied and intended ending (Connor killing Shay at the Observatory) be put out. But obviously Ubisoft are going to keep spinning this particular set of wheels for some end and purpose. In that case I look forward to the comic that shows a 70 year old Shay killing 40 year old Connor solely to fulfill fanboys aryan wet dream, if only to put everyone out of their misery.

3) As for a Connor sequel. I can't imagine him being a player character again (the end of AC3 has him set up as a Mentor) so I'd look forward for Aveline de Grandpre finally getting her proper game, set in the early 1790s, around ten years after her appearance in the Black Flag mission. I'd like her to command and pilot the Aquila during the French Revolutionary Wars, especially when Robespierre sends Victor Hugues to Guadaloupe to install the Abolitionist decree across all of France's colonies. It would go back to Black Flag's Caribbean world and serve as a cool finale at that. She can also meet Eseosa and Toussaint Louverture in the haitian revolution and hand Eseosa Connor's address. The game would end with the Louisiana Purchase and Aveline becoming an American citizen.

But generally speaking, I don't really want sequels to any of these characters. Closure in the form of database entries/codex, basic acknowledgment is what counts. Future games should build connections to earlier games simply because those are basic rules of serial storytelling.

Ideally I want Ubisoft to do different games and settings with new protagonists.

ERICATHERINE
01-21-2016, 03:41 PM
But generally speaking, I don't really want sequels to any of these characters. Closure in the form of database entries/codex, basic acknowledgment is what counts. Future games should build connections to earlier games simply because those are basic rules of serial storytelling.

Well from my point of view, a closure would like the last sequel to a character. ^-^

Mr.Black24
01-21-2016, 05:49 PM
3) As for a Connor sequel. I can't imagine him being a player character again (the end of AC3 has him set up as a Mentor) so I'd look forward for Aveline de Grandpre finally getting her proper game, set in the early 1790s, around ten years after her appearance in the Black Flag mission. I'd like her to command and pilot the Aquila during the French Revolutionary Wars, especially when Robespierre sends Victor Hugues to Guadaloupe to install the Abolitionist decree across all of France's colonies. It would go back to Black Flag's Caribbean world and serve as a cool finale at that. She can also meet Eseosa and Toussaint Louverture in the haitian revolution and hand Eseosa Connor's address. The game would end with the Louisiana Purchase and Aveline becoming an American citizen.

Ezio was Mentor when we played him in Revelations, so why can't Connor? Nothing stops him from doing field work, just look at Haytham. Grand Master yet goes out and does things. Plus I'd always imagine a dual protagonist gameplay with Aveline and Connor, like they did with the twins, but I bet you'll say that is asking for too much.

VestigialLlama4
01-21-2016, 06:51 PM
Plus I'd always imagine a dual protagonist gameplay with Aveline and Connor, like they did with the twins, but I bet you'll say that is asking for too much.

2 Non-Aryan switchable protagonists? Are you joking? Ubisoft is not interesting in committing commercial suicide you know.

In all seriousness, all of this is asking too much from Ubisoft. Asking them to make a sequel for every character is ridiculous. Just because Ezio got a saga (and he was never intended to get one) does not mean every character ought to get one or needs one. Nor does having a sequel have anything to do with the hero.

Heck, the main reason Ezio got a sequel is that we didn't see enough of Italy. AC2 covered Florence/Venice/Tuscany but not Rome. So Brotherhood gave us Rome, and then when they had room for one more, they thought they could sneak in Istanbul. Ezio was popular and charismatic but so was Edward and he didn't get a second game because he wasn't connected to anything worth seeing. Once the pirate era was over he went to London, and London in the 1700s was perhaps not "iconic" a period to see. Same with Connor, once the American Revolution is over, there's not a lot to see in terms of visuals and setting. Arno, they did Paris in Unity, what else is there to do.

Mr.Black24
01-21-2016, 09:57 PM
In all seriousness, all of this is asking too much from Ubisoft. Asking them to make a sequel for every character is ridiculous. Just because Ezio got a saga (and he was never intended to get one) does not mean every character ought to get one or needs one. Nor does having a sequel have anything to do with the hero. To be fair, having Shay, Arno, Aveline, and Connor in one sequel game is possible, with all of them still alive during the time period. No one is asking for a trilogy for each one, just one to end all.

Heck, the main reason Ezio got a sequel is that we didn't see enough of Italy. AC2 covered Florence/Venice/Tuscany but not Rome. So Brotherhood gave us Rome, and then when they had room for one more, they thought they could sneak in Istanbul. Ezio was popular and charismatic but so was Edward and he didn't get a second game because he wasn't connected to anything worth seeing. Once the pirate era was over he went to London, and London in the 1700s was perhaps not "iconic" a period to see. Same with Connor, once the American Revolution is over, there's not a lot to see in terms of visuals and setting. Arno, they did Paris in Unity, what else is there to do.

He didn't get a second game as his life was already covered in various other forms.

As for Connor, if we had some kind of info, whenever from the mouth of other characters in Unity and Syndicate, database, or books/comics/short videos, we wouldn't ask for a game. Hence why many, including myself, was pissed at the fact that the opportunity to provide further insight for Connor in Syndicate was not taken when mentioning of the Kenway Family sequence. Plus, the Frye Twins' story is greatly covered in Syndicate, these are the first group of characters whos stories are completed in videogame form, with the book actually being a complementary cushion for more storytelling for Henry and the Twins.

Granted a game is more exciting as we gat to play as them for one last time, but if other forms are well written and conclude their stories with no more loose ends, people would be satisfied. I would love a style similar to Blackbeard's Journal. Or perhaps an Assassin version of the Abstergo Employee handbook, where Assassin Initiates are to look at Connor and Co's memories for Assassin-Templar historical cataloging purposes. As well as looking out for potential FC stuff.

Sesheenku
01-21-2016, 10:05 PM
2 Non-Aryan switchable protagonists? Are you joking? Ubisoft is not interesting in committing commercial suicide you know.

In all seriousness, all of this is asking too much from Ubisoft. Asking them to make a sequel for every character is ridiculous. Just because Ezio got a saga (and he was never intended to get one) does not mean every character ought to get one or needs one. Nor does having a sequel have anything to do with the hero.

Heheheh, if the comparisons to Final Fantasy keep happening we'll get another sequel set eventually.

ERICATHERINE
01-21-2016, 10:10 PM
Arno, they did Paris in Unity, what else is there to do.

Well, there is Egypt with Arno killing Napoleon. ^-^

VestigialLlama4
01-22-2016, 02:39 AM
Well, there is Egypt with Arno killing Napoleon.

Napoleon died in 1821. Besides, Arno is Napoleon's little b-tch. He saved Napoleon's life in the Brotherhood missions, that took place ''after'' Napoleon's return from Egypt and in the epilogue of Unity, he and Napoleon were friends enough that they toured the vault where Germain died and buried his remains. The Assassins in UNITY are a bunch of anti-democratic royalists, who fully oppose the people and are content with dictatorship.

No one is asking for a trilogy for each one, just one to end all.

That was the intent of ROGUE, it didn't work. The developers thought that the only characters people cared from AC-3 were Haytham. Ubisoft missed the boat, there's no going back.

He didn't get a second game as his life was already covered in various other forms.

Forsaken was the first Bowden novel to be regarded as "canon". None of the earlier books were treated the same. If ubisoft thought they could do a sequel with Edward and take him to a cool location they would have retconned that novel out of existence, lickety-split. After all, the number of people who play Black Flag vastly exceed the numbers who read that book. Indeed that is what they should have done. The fact is transmedia is a terrible thing when it takes a life on its own as it has in Assassin's Creed. The games are what counts.

Or perhaps an Assassin version of the Abstergo Employee handbook, where Assassin Initiates are to look at Connor and Co's memories for Assassin-Templar historical cataloging purposes. As well as looking out for potential FC stuff.

This is the only thing you can hope for now.

Assassin_M
01-22-2016, 03:39 AM
You voted for Ezio, didnt you?

ERICATHERINE
01-22-2016, 04:14 AM

He already said he did, in the second page of this thread. ^-^'

Namikaze_17
01-22-2016, 04:46 AM
Jacob; only such perfection deserves a sequel.

Borshay
01-22-2016, 04:49 AM
A final show down with Aveline, Connor and Shay would be sweet to see. Honestly I wouldn't want to see Arno in it. I rather see it with a younger Connor and Shay. I'd keep it in the AC3-4 engine so they can use the boat mechanics one last time. Plus I always wanted to sail freely with Connor's ship lol. Maybe have Aveline act as first mate on the ship and have the ability to swap between the two heroes freely. I'm not a Connor fan by any means, but seeing one game unite 3 (or 4 with Arno) playable characters in one game would be sweet to see.

Mr.Black24
01-22-2016, 05:49 AM
That was the intent of ROGUE, it didn't work. The developers thought that the only characters people cared from AC-3 were Haytham. Ubisoft missed the boat, there's no going back. lol the dudebros over actual loyal fans. ehhhh.......

Forsaken was the first Bowden novel to be regarded as "canon". None of the earlier books were treated the same. If ubisoft thought they could do a sequel with Edward and take him to a cool location they would have retconned that novel out of existence, lickety-split. After all, the number of people who play Black Flag vastly exceed the numbers who read that book. Indeed that is what they should have done. The fact is transmedia is a terrible thing when it takes a life on its own as it has in Assassin's Creed. The games are what counts. Well technically Revelations and some parts of The Secret Crusade are considered canon.
And I do have to agree, as those who want an Edward sequel are surprised to learn about there are books about his early life and later life before and after Black Flag. Plus the novels aren't well written, I mean I already said my part of Underworld, but I too have some points on The Secrete Crusade and Revelations as well. The only goldmine books I've ready were Blackbeard's Journal and The Abstergo Employee Handbook, and they had an awesome author behind it!

This is the only thing you can hope for now. No lie, is this not a good idea on how to take them if it were a book? I mean if the MD Templars are going through Assassin memories to get an edge on the MD Assassins, who says the MD Assassins can't go the same route?

VestigialLlama4
01-22-2016, 08:20 AM
Well technically Revelations and some parts of The Secret Crusade are considered canon.

INITIATES Letters from Eseosa is considered canon too. In those letters, the Assassins lead the Haitian Revolution and Robespierre abolished slavery. In UNITY, the game the vast number of people people actually played, Robespierre is a baby-eating Templar and the French Assassins are royalists. The Assassins in UNITY support Napoleon who murdered the Hero Toussaint Louverture when he tried to introduce slavery. At the end of Unity's epilogue, Arno is standing next to a guy and not killing a guy who killed a fellow Assassin. Any follower of transmedia will naturally come to the conclusion that the French Assassins are Napoleon supporters and are okay with him reintroducing slavery (since they didn't rescue one of their own and actually pal around with that guy's murderer). By implication, this makes Arno lower than pondscum, a nasty enslaver and traitor of the Assassins.

So the only way Unity can be appreciated as intended by its developers is if you didn't follow transmedia. Likewise, AC2's glyphs says that Churchill was a Templar and Syndicate makes him into an Assassin ally. Basically stuff like these are signs by Ubisoft to the fans to "please don't take us seriously". Don't immerse yourself in the AC world and lore because it's all subject to retcons anyway. It's not consistent and not fixed. The fact is there is no coherence between games and transmedia, especially not from unity onwards. They are done by committee, without full editorial oversight to create some consistent overview.

And I do have to agree, as those who want an Edward sequel are surprised to learn about there are books about his early life and later life before and after Black Flag.

If Ubisoft want to do another pirate game with Edward Kenway in it, people will buy it in droves and you can be certain that no one will have read the Bowden books.

Sesheenku
01-22-2016, 08:32 AM
INITIATES Letters from Eseosa is considered canon too. In those letters, the Assassins lead the Haitian Revolution and Robespierre abolished slavery. In UNITY, the game the vast number of people people actually played, Robespierre is a baby-eating Templar and the French Assassins are royalists. The Assassins in UNITY support Napoleon who murdered the Hero Toussaint Louverture when he tried to introduce slavery. At the end of Unity's epilogue, Arno is standing next to a guy and not killing a guy who killed a fellow Assassin. Any follower of transmedia will naturally come to the conclusion that the French Assassins are Napoleon supporters and are okay with him reintroducing slavery (since they didn't rescue one of their own and actually pal around with that guy's murderer). By implication, this makes Arno lower than pondscum, a nasty enslaver and traitor of the Assassins.

So the only way Unity can be appreciated as intended by its developers is if you didn't follow transmedia. Likewise, AC2's glyphs says that Churchill was a Templar and Syndicate makes him into an Assassin ally. Basically stuff like these are signs by Ubisoft to the fans to "please don't take us seriously". Don't immerse yourself in the AC world and lore because it's all subject to retcons anyway. It's not consistent and not fixed. The fact is there is no coherence between games and transmedia, especially not from unity onwards. They are done by committee, without full editorial oversight to create some consistent overview.

I never found these games to have very gripping stories anyways. So I'm not surprised to find that they don't particularly care much. I'm sure the bulk of people who play these games don't care, whether they're just not that type of gamer in the first place or they simply recognize the story was meh from the beginning anyways.

It's a shame but that's the state of mainstream gaming these days. Easily digestible. Profundity scares the masses.

ze_topazio
01-22-2016, 11:04 AM

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/originals/5d/05/80/5d05807fba71105dc0baa2e7b6d577e1.jpg

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/originals/b2/86/d4/b286d46a5e8167f093fa84883ed93134.gif

GunnerGalactico
01-22-2016, 07:08 PM
I would like to see Altair, Connor and Arno have one more game at least.